What's new

NRS should NOT ban you for their mess up

Wigy

There it is...
I take it you've never once stepped in the krypt, it literally takes 5 minutes to basically figure the basics of it out, and then another ~10-30 minutes based on your pacing to figure out how all the currency in the krypt works.

All the currency is earned in-game through towers/story or solving puzzles in the krypt.

The only 'money' they get is from DLC and time krystals. Sure, you can use time krystals to directly purchase a skin you'd might find in the krypt from the premium store, but let's be real here: you'll almost never do this, and if you do, the krystals will have been ones you earned from leveling up, playing story, or chests and such in the krypt.

There's absolutely no real world money involved with the krypt, this exploit only affects cosmetic content, and therefore they have no reason to give out bans.
That's totally fair im just wrong. Though I'd be surprised if people didn't just buy the crystals. Why else would they make it so impossibly Grindy. You'd be amazed how much companies make off these pointless purchases.

Jhin

"Art is worth the pain."
Y'all are acting in such dramatic ways just to reassure yourselves you're not getting banned. If you guys were going to be scared and shit because of this exploit, you shouldn't have done it in the first place lol

Relax guys, NRS is not going to ban almost a third of MK11's active players just because of a exploit that lends stupid cosmetics.

Misky

Clinch should be a command grab
They won't, but they should. If you go out of your way to exploit bugs you deserve a ban..

They're more likely to now that the stuff you're getting is linked to premium currency. Imagine an exploit in overwatch that gave you free loot boxes. You'd be hella banned.

Trevor

Noob
They won't, but they should. If you go out of your way to exploit bugs you deserve a ban..
This particular glitch only requires that X is pressed indefinitely. Do you know how many lawsuits they would face if they banned people for this? lol. The damn glitch even opens doors by just pressing X. It's ridiculous. Any slick lawyer can start a case by simply impliying that their client has the right to hld he button X on his damn controller as many times as he wants to, and there is no disclaimer against it. Technicalities would become a nightmare for WB in this case.

Yeah you can. You can open anything that has the ? LOCKED on it. I did this with a skeleton key door, the one beings mind door and the dragon amulet door while just testing it.
Thanks. Yesterday I just spent the entire day looking for skeleton keys to open the 2 remaining doors lol. Got it done, but cool to know that the glitch works on those as well :)

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Thanks. Yesterday I just spent the entire day looking for skeleton keys to open the 2 remaining doors lol. Got it done, but cool to know that the glitch works on those as well :)
I had the same issue being unable to find skeleton keys. Managed to find 3 once I had started using the glitch lol.

gitblame

Noob
The funny thing is that is probably not a glitch at all. From how it works you can assume it was a tool designed for their Q&A to progress the krypt faster. They probably just forgot to remove it from the build they shipped.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Wasn't there a thread about having to spend 4000$ to unlock everything
That was a “what if” scenario, breaking down if every unlockable was available in their little storefront on PSN, and you just purchased time Krystals to buy it all, it would total around $6000.
But everyone who has a brain knows that:
- These items are NOT available like that on the storefront.
- you earn Time Krystals in the game through normal gameplay.
- you can earn all the items that do show up in the shop through gameplay, and that the game even tells you where to get it.

Wigy

There it is...
That was a “what if” scenario, breaking down if every unlockable was available in their little storefront on PSN, and you just purchased time Krystals to buy it all, it would total around $6000.
But everyone who has a brain knows that:
- These items are NOT available like that on the storefront.
  • you earn Time Krystals in the game through normal gameplay.
  • you can earn all the items that do show up in the shop through gameplay, and that the game even tells you where to get it.
Anyone with a brain. Chill out. Some folks like myself don't give a crap about the krypt and haven't invested research into it, I'd just seen that there was micro transactions to get skins. Which even though you can't spend in the krypt DOES mean money is lost if there's an exploit.

Ive already admitted I'm wrong in another comment and that's just snarky and unnecessary

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Anyone with a brain. Chill out. Some folks like myself don't give a crap about the krypt and haven't invested research into it, I'd just seen that there was micro transactions to get skins. Which even though you can't spend in the krypt DOES mean money is lost if there's an exploit.

Ive already admitted I'm wrong in another comment and that's just snarky and unnecessary
When I said that, I wasn’t referring to you, but to the people who started and perpetuated that misinformation on reddit/YouTube.
Sorry if I didn’t make that clear.

Misky

This particular glitch only requires that X is pressed indefinitely. Do you know how many lawsuits they would face if they banned people for this? lol. The damn glitch even opens doors by just pressing X. It's ridiculous. Any slick lawyer can start a case by simply impliying that their client has the right to hld he button X on his damn controller as many times as he wants to, and there is no disclaimer against it. Technicalities would become a nightmare for WB in this case.
Incorrect. It requires you go to a certain spot, leave to the main menu and then hold three. That's not something you'd be doing usually...

Not to mention the terms of service you agreed to:

https://legal.wbgames.com/mortal-kombat-11-legal/sony/terms-of-service/mk11_tos_ps4_en_GB.html

4. Account Suspension/Deletion
WB GAMES MAY SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY, OR DELETE YOUR ACCESS TO THE GAME SERVER AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON OR NO REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU.

In using the Game you also agree not to:

• use any data mining tools, robots, virus, worms, bugs, or similar data-gathering and extraction tools on the Service, or frame any portion of the Service, or attempt to tamper, hack, corrupt, or impair the administration or security of the Service;

Not only can they "DELETE YOUR ACCESS TO THE GAME SERVER AT ANY TIME" but you also agreed not to "use any data mining tools, robots, virus, worms, bugs"

It's completely up to them what they do with you, legally speaking.

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
Not only can they "DELETE YOUR ACCESS TO THE GAME SERVER AT ANY TIME" but you also agreed not to "use any data mining tools, robots, virus, worms, bugs"

It's completely up to them what they do with you, legally speaking.
Correct but it's got to be all inclusive or they can't do anything at all. They better be ready to punish EVERYONE who has used it, including their own team.

Misky

Correct but it's got to be all inclusive or they can't do anything at all. They better be ready to punish EVERYONE who has used it, including their own team.
Oh wait, also no. If they felt like being an asshole they could literally just suspend you because we agreed to it. They never would cause it would kill them, but they can.

Kratilim

Noob
They didn't ban anyone for using an exploit in Destiny. An exploit that gave an advantage in a MULTI PLAYER game. They don't ban speed runners from souls like games for using exploits. They won't ban anyone. They'll patch it, and that's that.

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
Oh wait, also no. If they felt like being an asshole they could literally just suspend you because we agreed to it. They never would cause it would kill them, but they can.
I agree. I don't see them handing anything out over this. The Krypt being online is purely to thwart PC players using Trainers and Cheat Engine. THOSE will get you banned. Playing on PC and suddenly your Koins go from 4380 to 99999999999? Bye!