What's new

NRS should NOT ban you for their mess up

Wigy

There it is...
You seem to be nervous. It's not ban worthy because it's something that someone likely discovered on accident and it's just cosmetics. Nobody is going to get banned, people need to relax.
Krypt = money for nrs

They will 100000% ban you

Multiple developers have banned for exploits that were less buggy than this is games with microtransactions

You can’t exploit a bug if there is no clear definition of what is and isn’t a bug.

This fucking game drops you into an open world 3D environment and says “figure it out”. See those heads over there with a lock symbol, figure it out. See these gold chests that are lit up but don’t open, figure it out, See that door that won’t open, figure it out.

We are on an MK message board so that makes us gamers and MK fans, not all people are hardcore gamers. Imagine you are casual gamer who doesn’t google shit or go on message boards, you are at school or work and your like “fuck I can t figure how to unlock these heads in the krypt” and your friend / co worker is like “ oh you have to keep x held down when you enter the krypt”. People would think that is just a legit weird thing, no weirder than double flawless with no blocks when a witch flys past the moon.

Another thing is MK11 isn’t World of Warcraft, they can’t afford to lose thousands of people from their player base.

This exploit is a modern up,up,down,down,left,right,left,right,b,a start. Makes shit easier and more enjoyable and doesn’t hurt any other players or make you more competitive.

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
I don't think you have anything to worry about. WBGames wasn't making any money off Krypt anyway. NRS wouldn't ban players for cheating like Quan Chi. If anything they should respect your tenacity for giving up and not seeing the game through yourself.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
nah you get banned for hacking & that sort.... the mobile game had a exploit that probably cost them tons & they did nothing but fix it....same with countless other games like destiny where people found bugs that got them stuff quicker...
Funny thing is I didnt know about this & couldn't figure out how to do it... looked it up on youtube & all I got was videos about the glitch...

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I figure worse case scenario is they take away anything you got through the exploit. But I highly doubt they’ll even do that.

Trevor

Noob
If they banned people for pressing x, they would get an unbelievable sh·tstorm from the community. I heard that some people even press X just as they are about to get near the heads of the characters and it works. Obvioulsy someone found out by adccident by holding x near these items and expecting to see a message. IN a game that gives you no clues on how to unlock half of the crap in it, you better be prepared to have the community find out how to do it, and that is exactly what they did lol.

I paid $99 for this game. I will hold X for as long as I freaking want to, an it's not my resposibility that this breaks any aspect of the game. I even heard that other doors can be opened this way. I personaly have no interest in exploiting that because it might actually cause serious glitches due to conflicts within the games code, but to each his own.

They shouldn't at least, and I don't think they will because the backlash is already hurting them REALLY bad. Releasing a full retailed game with a Pre-Ordre bonus which is in fact just locked content for data already present on the disc (and you can even unlock content for it in the Krypt without being able to play it), a $40 Season Pass (€40 in Europe, so ~$45) AND with a micro transaction policy as agressive as a mobile/F2P game is already outrageous. They already have a LARGE part of their casual fanbase and even a significant part of their competitive playerbase outraged because of that.

NRS/WB, here's a piece of advice : Don't ban the players that did the glitch for the heads. If you, on top of what I said just before, ban loyal and competitive players from playing your games, even temporarliy, you'll lose them for good. You better not banning anyone over this glitch, because you'll lose a large part of your remaining players, me included.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
If NRS is smart (which I'm slowly starting to doubt), they'll keep their damn heads low:

• they force their employees to work overtime,
  • unisex bathrooms, because there aren't enough women in the team,
  • some of their employees are supposedly sexist,
  • they cover their female characters in burqas and antagonize players who aren't fans of that design decision,
  • at the same time they put their male characters in speedos and show how hypocritical they are,
  • they bring back Jacqui Briggs, a character no one wanted in the first place,
  • they bring back Jacqui Briggs, a character no one wanted in the first place, instead of fan favorites like Smoke, Rain and Mileena,
  • they deny lootboxes on record, even though the Krypt in itself is the mother of all lootboxes,
  • they launch their game with impossible Towers of Time difficulty and insane grind requirements for gear and currencies (the game has a 2.7 user score on Metacritic for a reason),
  • they deny the fact that they did so to encourage you to buy Time Krystals for real money and spend those on skins,
  • after player feedback (outrage) they lessen the grind, but still leave the game grindy as shit,
  • they launch an abysmal PC port of the game yet again,
  • they create horrible variations across the board for ranked play,
  • they don't make the ranked variations the standard variations and force you to switch those up on your own, which again costs way too much time,
  • they give you the option to buy Frost, a character you get by completing the fourth chapter of the story (a matter of half an hour if you skip the cutscenes),
  • they sell you Shao Kahn as the pre-order bonus, even though I could go out and buy the game right now and still get Shao Kahn... Shao Kahn isn't a pre-order bonus... he is the requirement to buy the game new instead of used, if you want to have him as a playable character,
  • they don't give my boi Noob Saibot any safe on block overhead strings, which lead to full combos,
  • they sell their Kombat Pack for 40 Euros, even though it really should be cost 30 Euros at the very max - and they once again ask for that money without even showing you who the DLC characters will be...
And now I'm supposed to believe, that NRS will be willing to take another hit when it comes to devastating headlines and bad press?
"NRS bans people, who used a glitch to avoid their grindy ass system and anti-consumer practices".

They ain't gonna ban shit. And if they do, as I've already said it before:
Sell Mortal Kombat and buy yourself two to three other fighting games for almost the same price. There are options out there: Tekken 7, Soul Calibur 6, Dragonball FighterZ, Marvel VS Capcom Infinite, Dead Or Alive 6 (enough skin to make up for the lack of it in MK11). F$&% Street Fighter 5.
And then just buy Mortal Kombat 11 - the Ultimate Edition with all of the DLCs one year from now on. Pretty sure that the game will feature cool skins, which you won't have to unlock at that point. Just make sure to buy it used.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Krypt = money for nrs

Multiple developers have banned for exploits that were less buggy than this is games with microtransactions
Yep, that's why I don't wanna do it. People got banned for doing less exploity things in Anthem.

Krypt = money for nrs

The more people do the bug, the less likely they will ban people that did it.

And DLCs is also money for NRS/WB, who will buy their 18 DLCs (or even 12) if everybody is banned ?

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Like just about every unlock in the game (aside from the shit you have to pay real money for), they give you no path as to HOW to unlock the impaled head gear. Looking through the menu last night and seeing some of these amazing skins (like the purpe Raiden one, holy shit) and then seeing "unlocked in Towers of Time" is just disheartening. I'll most likely never get that skin unless I get lucky to check the store while it's sold, or somehow stumble upon a super not fun ToT that's actually offering the skin.

Seeing "unlocked through AI battles" tells me jack shit. How many? Do I need to win? WHAT'S THE FUCKING PROGRESSION PATH I NEED TO FOLLOW?!?

Aside from actually hacking the game, which is totally not ok, I'll happily use any exploit that is found to unlock Krypt content.

Kratilim

Noob
The way I see it is that they can do one of two things.
  1. they quietly fix it and say nothing.
  2. they fix it in a way that the game takes back the heads you cheated and closes the throne room door, and say nothing outside of the patch notes.
In any case, you should know that daaanish also confessed on twitter that he's using the exploit. They're not going to ban one of their own devs.

Trevor

Noob
Like just about every unlock in the game (aside from the shit you have to pay real money for), they give you no path as to HOW to unlock the impaled head gear. Looking through the menu last night and seeing some of these amazing skins (like the purpe Raiden one, holy shit) and then seeing "unlocked in Towers of Time" is just disheartening. I'll most likely never get that skin unless I get lucky to check the store while it's sold, or somehow stumble upon a super not fun ToT that's actually offering the skin.

Seeing "unlocked through AI battles" tells me jack shit. How many? Do I need to win? WHAT'S THE FUCKING PROGRESSION PATH I NEED TO FOLLOW?!?

Aside from actually hacking the game, which is totally not ok, I'll happily use any exploit that is found to unlock Krypt content.
All you would be doing in this case is holding X. Which makes it ridiculous for them to even consider this to be a terms of service breaker. I can hold as many buttons on my controller as I want and if something happens to unlock because of that, it's their fault not mine. I'm loving MK and I feel those $99 are well spent, but if they get smart with this bug and blame it on the already thousands (you can check youtube and see hundreds of comments on several videos) who have done the bug, they will definitely get a huge backlash.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
That is like saying Blizzard won't ban you for win sharing on Overwatch or purposely throwing games. I mean it is their fault if you are losing or Overwatch sucks why punish me if your game sucks? See how broken that logic is.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Uncle JBeezY highly doubts NRS will ban anybody of this exploit. They've already received bad press and reviews since launch for the consumers, so why would they make that fire bigger? I'll tell u this, if I get banned for taking advantage of a glitch that was IN THE GAME WITH NO THIRD PARTY INVOLVEMENT, then i just might sell this game and quitting MK all together. And im pretty sure a whole bunch of people will be super pissed doing the same thing.

NRS is not that stupid tho. So if anything, they will just patch it out and maaaaaybe just take away those items at most.