What's new

NRS: Please leave the skins alone!

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
you act as if you paid for an online pass for the sole purpose of beating on casual scrubs online, or as if the game forces you to play random opponents online, meaning you solely play ranked lag matches. if either of these things are true, then your concerns are legitimate and unfortunately leaving them in the game will probably ruin your experience. i don't see how that could be a good experience in the first place, though, so the argument is kind of moot.
Wow!

First of all, I don't play ranked matches, just player match because the online rankings don't interest me. Secondly, you should be grateful people support this game in whatever way they can. I bought the DLC to support the game. I currently see no reason for online to become the dumping ground for crazy ideas just because a small percentage of players can actually afford to take the time out of their lives to go to tournaments or are lucky enough to have an offline scene within a practical distance of them.

Yeah, offline is where it's at, not all of us are fortunate enough to be involved in an offline scene. Seriously, you're coming across as a major snob and all because people think your idea isn't all that.

Gurrry

Twitch - 12DollarStreamMonster
I dont like to bash NRS, but holy shit.. this is getting pretty stupid. With every new addition, patch or DLC.. there is always another bug/glitch that accompanies it.

It seriously angers me that we have guys like Tom Brady having to record all the glitches he finds in training mode and mail them to NRS because they are so disgustingly lazy/cheap that they cant afford some play-testers of their own. I would be willing to bet that more than 75% of the problems we face today with the game couldve been easily caught and fixed before they were released.

Its pretty effed up that Tom is their best play-tester and he isnt even on their payroll. It wouldve taken any average player about 10 seconds to realize that the smokebomb otg and bomb trap were still in the game.

Seriously... does anyone test anything at NRS? Or will they ride the shoulders of Brady and the rest of the community to find their glitches until MK10?

lobo

woof.
Jesus christ quit acting like everyone sucks ass at tournaments and online play is garbage. Its obvious that you want these bugs/glitches left in the game for your own personal gain.

Im getting so tired of some of the uppity assholes on here who do nothing but bash the online community simply because we dont goto tournaments or dont have others to play with. Quit acting so high and mighty just because you can drive to a venue to play a video game. It doesnt make you any better than the online warriors or the casual players.

You are seriously asking for the game to be left broken. Being broken is the main problem this game has in the tournament scene. You really want to show up on stream exploiting things that were taken out of the game months ago? IMO, that makes you less of a player than any online warrior.

If we leave Cyrax bomb trap and Smoke OTG, just let Reptiles MK1 keep his EX-Force ball glitch too! Thats fair isnt it?! That will really make the game exciting! Dont you just love getting hit by invisible projectiles that stay on screen? I sure as hell do.

When It takes me up to 20-30 minutes to just FIND AN OPPONENT to play online, then they pick Cyrax MK3, you seriously think I can just quit and go find another opponent? Fuck that. There is absolutely no reason to keep these bugs in other than to please your own personal agenda.
first of all. ROFL. thank you for that.

second, you are right. it is a conspiracy i conjured up so that i could pick MK3 cyrax on a stream even though he is banned and ruin MK forever because i get off on the idea.

at what point am i bashing online players? i've said many times that i am an online player myself. i simply know not to take it seriously, which is why i love the skins having crazy properties. if i want to learn from online i play people from here/friends/locals.

why in the world does it take you 20-30 minutes to find an opponent? if you are sitting around for half an hour waiting for one ranked opponent from uruguay to battle with 20 frames of lag...well then you deserve to get beasted on by the most broken thing that the game can provide. and yes, you can just quit and go find another opponent. there are chat rooms full of dozens of people waiting to play, all with a better connection than ranked and all about 30 seconds away. don't make a martyr out of yourself to prove a point that is ridiculous in the first place. the thought of ANYBODY waiting 30 minutes to play a ranked online match makes me want to cry. if getting KL infinited into oblivion will dissuade you from engaging in such self-destructive behavior, then consider my crazy 'agenda' as a personal favor to you. you can thank me later.

so i think we have established the pros and cons here;

pros: added replay value, added novelty and variation, improved online experience for lulz, less work for NRS, will not effect competitive scene except for possibility of future tournament viability

cons: destructive to online ranked matches, decreased enjoyment from playing randoms online, one less skin for people to use in offline tournaments

i feel like that sums up this entire thread. make of it what you will. personally, all the pros will make the game more enjoyable, and i could really care less about the cons.

NRS, please leave the skins alone.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Oh wow, Can't believe I just read that. We're already getting abused by latency online, Now you WANT us to have glitched retros left online and ban them at tourneys? I could care less about my online record. As a matter a fact... I enjoy playing someone who is on a higher level then me, So I can learn from my mistakes. However, These losses are gladly accepted when getting beaten legitimately. Doesn't feel good to get bomb trapped by an untechable grab repeatedly. Can I perform the bomb trap, Yes ( Sure we all can ) Have I ever chose that MK3 Cyrax outfit after learning the bomb trap is still intact, Hell no! It was never intended to be there in the first place.

You'll probably get your wish, Due to NRS incompetence... But to request this, That's ridiculous! Online is broken enough, Please... No thank you.

For casual amusement, Lol. Sounds like you can afford to travel for offline competitive play, I can't. Now...

Back to my, I'm an MK scrub simply because I don't feel the need to have to travel to play someone else 1v1. Damn online players, Thinking all the countless hours of gameplay means anything. :(
Youre on TYM Skumbag? Hows it going man?

Also I think its a bad idea, the characters were patched for a reason, I think they should stay that way.

Gurrry

Twitch - 12DollarStreamMonster
Lobo - If you cared about the reputation of this game at all.. you would realize that having that many balance issues with one single character all being dependent on what costume you choose is completely detrimental to the reputation of the game. By responding with "ROFL OMFG LULZ" to every post that disagrees with yours, its obvious your attitude is the equivalent to the idea that you're presenting.

I said nothing about a conspiracy theory. My point is that the only reason ANYONE would ever want to keep these bugs in the game is to use them in a match. You said in an earlier thread that it "would be fun if someone picked MK3 Cyrax and the other person picked MK2 Smoke so you can have bombtrap vs otg". So you obviously want this left in the game to USE it.

If you really want that match-up, delete your patches and go play on the original build of the game.

The only reason I even responded to this thread was to make sure that someone at NRS saw that this was a BAD idea. Because honestly, its hard to tell if they know the difference sometimes.

Kombo

Noob
Leave my new and improved top tier Cyrax alone biatches!

P.S If you're reading this NRS, Make me another Cyrax costume with a death trap so I can replace my bomb trap.
Cyrax has always been top tier even without his bombtrap, but with his bombtrap and added properties thanks to his UMK3 outfit he is god tier.
Edit: This is obviously a troll thread please close it before NRS sees it and thinks they did an good job.

Cyrax has always been top tier even without his bombtrap, but with his bombtrap and added properties thanks to his UMK3 outfit he is god tier.
Edit: This is obviously a troll thread please close it before NRS sees it and thinks they did an good job.
I'm aware of that Kombo, my post wasn't meant to be taken seriously. I can't believe no one saw the sarcasm. Jeebuz.

lobo

woof.
so you agree that all this patching is a bad thing? or are you saying that NRS is incompetent because they left the skins unpatched? i'm confused as to the intentions of this statement.

I'm aware of that Kombo, my post wasn't meant to be taken seriously. I can't believe no one saw the sarcasm. Jeebuz.
i did. ;)

Kombo

Noob
Oh, trust me I know it was not to be taken seriously but the people who actually believe that these bugged costumes should stay in the game... I'm getting a headache.:facepalm:

DIRTY

Noob
Youre on TYM Skumbag? Hows it going man?

Also I think its a bad idea, the characters were patched for a reason, I think they should stay that way.
Sup Zoidberg. Yep, just joined about a week ago ( Awesome site ). Staying out of this argument though, If you don't compete in tourneys... Just leave this one alone.

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
In BlazBlue those versions of the characters aren't costumes, and you can select whether or not those versions are even selectable online. No one used them anyway, because they were overpowered and useless at the end of the day. Can't use them in tournaments, and no one would bother playing you if you had them available. Think about that as well. If no one played you with them available BY CHOICE, who the hell would want to play MK9 online when it's completely up in the air if someone wanted to use bomb trap Cyrax, or OTG Smoke bomb.

This makes absolutely no sense. The current characters we have(i.e. the patched versions) are the direct result of what needed to be buffed/nerfed based on the bugged alternate costumed variants we have now. There is essentially no reason to have those different versions using your "investigate" logic, because we already figured out what was over the top. If you really wanted to figure out what works and doesn't work, use the current ones.

Also, a majority of people play online to do just that. Play randoms, casually. If you wanted to play with friends, then chances are, you'd play with them in an offline setting. Unless you're talking about people on your PSN or XBL friends list. In which case, how did you end up meeting in the first place? I'd venture to guess randomly.

Those things they patched out are essentially things that could make you go 0-2 in a tournament. It was a balance issue.

One thing that is being overlooked, is how this affects matchup knowledge. I play a majority of my matches online because I don't know my local community that well. I don't want my matchup knowledge to be tainted because I kept going against someone who was using something that isn't useable in a tournament setting.
Um I dont get what you wanna argue saying the unlimiteds were pickable but no one played with or against them by choice, doesnt that reinforce the point of CHOOSING not to play with or against a broken version of cyrax?

Also I dont see how having two intentionally balanced versions of chars is such a bad thing. Chars in all genre of games get patched all the time, we never know for sure whats the best final build to a char and whats not. Plus some chars are tweaked simply to change up game up. Why not have more variety at one time of being able to experiment and learn what a char can do if one version has this, the other has that...etc.

Also, sometimes ppl find a char whose style they dig but wont main them because of or two important things that dont suit them. They can move to another char but they can also just move to a different version that has those one or two things different that suits them more. And one version isnt nec more viable than the other, just different.

Going to back to my original example: want a cyrax with a better TP to get around easier and dont care much about net recovery? Go for human cyrax, want better net, dont care for TP and getting around that much, costume 1 it is.

As for psn friends. Do I have to look around for players Im good with playing against. Yes, but I dont continue to play ppl Im not ok with playing against. Thats my point, search for players to play, but dont just play randoms again and again. Its obvious you have to search around a little for players you dont add from a forum or have met in flesh and stone life. But the whole point is you encounter players, and stick to ones youre ok with and not play the ones your NOT ok with.

It just feels like no one wants to even try to possibly see eye to eye on this which is why all the arguing feels pointless.

Kombo

Noob
so you agree that all this patching is a bad thing? or are you saying that NRS is incompetent because they left the skins unpatched? i'm confused as to the intentions of this statement.
Do I agree that NRS shouldn't be patching anything and everything just to please people who don't want to actually put in time to learn charecters, matchups, and what not? No. Am I saying that NRS is incompetent because they left the skin unpatched? to an extent, yes.

lobo

woof.
Do I agree that NRS shouldn't be patching anything and everything just to please people who don't want to actually put in time to learn charecters, matchups, and what not? No.
so you believe that NRS should patch "anything and everything just to please people who don't want to actually put in time to learn charecters, matchups, and what not."

wow. i suppose arguing with you will go nowhere.

doomfarmer

unorthodox
I just want to be able to use the Noob w/ Smoke outfit and still play Noob the way i'm used to playing him now. It's not even about the other character's traps for me, I just want to be able to use one of my main dude's coolest looking costumes :/

SZSR

Noob
It just feels like no one wants to even try to possibly see eye to eye on this which is why all the arguing feels pointless.
so you believe that NRS should patch "anything and everything just to please people who don't want to actually put in time to learn charecters, matchups, and what not."

Agreed. I think we should agree to disagree that no one will compromise and leave the thread at that. Anything more than this is just troll flamebait.

Kombo

Noob

Look I know NRS have made alot of questionabe patches but the skins are something that definitely NEED to be patched. Its like taking one step forward and two steps back. Clearly NRS didn't intend to put the things out bugged like they are. If they leave the skins unchanged it'll just be a problem in the future. I understand what you meant when you posted this thread its just going to be unfair to some people who will have to deal with this shit. Thats my biggest problem. Telling them to just deal with it and stop playing scrubs online you just come off as an elitist prick. Not saying you are but c'mon what attitude is that?

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
It doesnt seem to be a problem for BlazBlue. Like I said if they decline your request just stop playing that person. I played sum1 in BlazBlue once, he picked unlimited Ragna. I ttook the loss and "no unlimiteds plz". I played him again, I picked Normal Ragna he picked unlimited again and I disc;d, then the host kicked him out. Not hard at all.

R u guys at least open to the first two costumes having different but balanced properties? To widen what we can see from each char.

This would be ok if most of my matches didn't dc anyway. Why waste even more time dc'ing and reconnecting when finding a regular match is hard enough as it is. I use wired, so don't throw that "you're interent connection sucks" bs at me. I can play ssf4 or mvc3 or even BLOPS and have less crap to deal with than in the mk online. And to answer your final question, well..for now I'm going to say no because I believe it should be purely aesthetic but I need more time to ponder it.

lobo

woof.
Look I know NRS have made alot of questionabe patches but the skins are something that definitely NEED to be patched. Its like taking one step forward and two steps back. Clearly NRS didn't intend to put the things out bugged like they are. If they leave the skins unchanged it'll just be a problem in the future. I understand what you meant when you posted this thread its just going to be unfair to some people who will have to deal with this shit. Thats my biggest problem. Telling them to just deal with it and stop playing scrubs online you just come off as an elitist prick. Not saying you are but c'mon what attitude is that?
if advocating a more entertaining game for the majority at the expense of those who are unwilling to do anything but play randoms online makes me an elitist prick, then you can paint me that color all day long and i'll happily own it. the only people who would have to "deal with this shit" are people playing randoms who happen to use it online, who are unwilling to stop playing certain people, are unwilling to create a circle of friends and/or locals to play with, are unwilling to seek out others who won't abuse it on them, AND are unwilling to accept that online play shouldn't be taken seriously anyway. if you can do any one of those things this won't bother or effect you unless you choose for it to. if you can't, then call me an elitist, because i don't think you should have a voice for NRS regarding balancing or patching anyway because clearly you don't care about the competitive aspect of the game.

Crathen

Death is my business
What you are asking for just makes no sense , you are asking to let obviously not wanted glitches be in the game and let me tell ya....for what reason?More flashy combos?Because we aren't talking about tools removed ( smoke otg bomb just increased his combo damage , cyrax bomb trap gave ya a free combo , noob couldnt BH reset ,Smokes TP air whiff had more recovery ) and you are talking about learning the matchups? Nothing has changed exept broken combo damage off some little risk high reward moves so there is no really need to learn a totally new matchup.
NRS will patch the costumes and i have faith in that.

Kombo

Noob
if advocating a more entertaining game for the majority at the expense of those who are unwilling to do anything but play randoms online makes me an elitist prick, then you can paint me that color all day long and i'll happily own it. the only people who would have to "deal with this shit" are people playing randoms who happen to use it online, who are unwilling to stop playing certain people, are unwilling to create a circle of friends and/or locals to play with, are unwilling to seek out others who won't abuse it on them, AND are unwilling to accept that online play shouldn't be taken seriously anyway. if you can do any one of those things this won't bother or effect you unless you choose for it to. if you can't, then call me an elitist, because i don't think you should have a voice for NRS regarding balancing or patching anyway because clearly you don't care about the competitive aspect of the game.
So basically what you're trying to say is by doing this and keeping the skins in the game like they are then It will hopefully make people get tired of others abusing the skins and stop playing online and start up their own offline scene?

McNasty

Moist.
LOL at everyone taking this shit so seriously. Its an alternate with slightly different move sets O. Sagat anyone? Or how about evil ryu and oni? I can guarantee no tournament will ever have these frickin alts on their consoles anyway so why would it even matter? online you have the option to back out if you dont want to play smoke with ermac damage.

Can we at least have a Kano Classic alt first so I can do some more upball trolling for another few months? Please? [EVIL]Hehehe[/EVIL]

Crathen

Death is my business
It's not taking too seriously it's pretending things how they should be , let's say i want to use mk2 noob ( both online or offline ) and i can't do blackhole setups , now should i be happy with that? No bacause Noob is intended to have BH setups in the current version of the game , and about smoke/cyrax it's the same thing if i am not supposed to have bomb traps and otgs in the current version of the game it shouldnt be allowed just for a bugged skin and i'm not worrying about tournaments because i know those skins are gonna get banned ( they should ban mk2 noob too ) , it's a matter of principles.

CrashLand

Ready for Freddy
If you really want to go down this line of logic, I'd rather complain about lack of playable bosses. I want to know how the Goro/Kintaro matchup goes. :(