What's new

Nrs Is Listening guys..

Syd Barrett Lives

Italian Psychopath
That anybody thinks there's reasonable defence for MK 11 launching with multiple in-game currencies, endless grinding, time rotational store and $7 for a character intro, in a full price game that also has paid DLC coming, honestly blows my mind.

Agreed. It's because people started to accept this bullshit that gaming is in the sorry state it's in.

I have no problem paying for DLC if it's worth it, not I have problems grinding for stuff and trophies. But buying a full price game that was marketed heavily on customization (and NRS went out of the way to declare "no loot boxes") only to find it has RNG galore and grinding mechanics that would put to shame the worst F2P mobile game is infuriating. Warframe is F2P and has better progress mechanics for god's sake, at least you can plan what you're grinding for.

wired

Noob
Agreed. It's because people started to accept this bullshit that gaming is in the sorry state it's in.

I have no problem paying for DLC if it's worth it, not I have problems grinding for stuff and trophies. But buying a full price game that was marketed heavily on customization (and NRS went out of the way to declare "no loot boxes") only to find it has RNG galore and grinding mechanics that would put to shame the worst F2P mobile game is infuriating. Warframe is F2P and has better progress mechanics for god's sake, at least you can plan what you're grinding for.
Skins, intros, and these other customizations don't affect core gamplay. I think that's fair game for DLC/grinding

Micro transactions are all OPTIONAL so complaining about it does nothing. Yeah the game has a few issues, which game doesnt. Patches will come. Hearing some people and not just on here saying they are returning the game is absolutely ridiculous. Have some patience and let a few patches roll out. The game is still alot of fun to play, especially with friends plus they have more new features coming soon.

wired

Noob
I wish I was getting a bribe. That might make it easier to read all these complaints about single player content. Multiplayer is the heart and soul of any fighting game. this is other stuff is just an added bonus

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
NRS is listening you guys!

excludes rain out of 2 rosters
implements more npcs into story more
condenses an entire character's moveset into a kitana variation
increases micro transactions from last 2 games
Kept throws as 50 50. Guess wrong 30%

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I can't stay on your loot support,
There's a shortage in the Switch,
I can't stay on your grindfest,
'Cause it's making me itch
I said I tried to call Ed Boon again
But he's being a little bitch,
I think I'll get outta here, where I can

Run just as fast as I can
To the middle of nowhere
To the middle of my frustrated fears
And I swear you're just like a shill
Instead of makin' things better,
You keep makin' me ill
You keep makin' me ill

agreed.
some people are being so annoying and spoiled...
what is people giving 0 in the reviews trying to achieve? wtf you have no respect whatsoever for others people job
this game looks amazing and its fun and everything a fighting game should be and this is the work of many people involved
this childish behavior for what should be a formal complaint isnt gonna help anyone, unless you really want to screw the game’s image and nrs
Like seriously what is the logic behind it?
  • what do we want?
  • the game to be better and develop
  • and how we gon get there?
  • boycotting it
??????

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Micro transactions are all OPTIONAL
This is an MK game. Fatalities and Brutalities should not be locked behind a random RNG loot box (because that's exactly what we got in the Krypt, even though we were told repeatedly and explicitly that loot boxes were NOT in MK11) and a store that offers NO INFO on how to get that bit of content you want IN-GAME.

"Obtained through AI battles" doesn't tell me shit.

I love NRS and the developers clearly worked their asses off on this game. The state that the unlockable content was released in needs to be fixed in a huge way immediately. It's shameful.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
This is an MK game. Fatalities and Brutalities should not be locked behind a random RNG loot box (because that's exactly what we got in the Krypt, even though we were told repeatedly and explicitly that loot boxes were NOT in MK11) and a store that offers NO INFO on how to get that bit of content you want IN-GAME.

"Obtained through AI battles" doesn't tell me shit.

I love NRS and the developers clearly worked their asses off on this game. The state that the unlockable content was released in needs to be fixed in a huge way immediately. It's shameful.
It sure isn't.

Enjoy your 2 chests filled with consumables you'll never use.
Yeah that's trash. I really enjoyed the Krypt in past games. Making shit RNG is a scumbag move.

SxS626

Noob
Rain was not played very much in MK9 by online standards. Most people who want him only kinda want him or just want him just cause he's a ninja.
With NPCs, there are considerably less than in MKX, to be fair. Those annoy me as well though, so I'm not gonna argue on NRS's side. I imagin they ran out of time: I mean, they are almost exactly lifted from MKX though.
Micro transactions are insane though and I won't defend those lol
yea you're right. no body wants rain, but sheeva and baraka were insanely popular

Syd Barrett Lives

Italian Psychopath
Skins, intros, and these other customizations don't affect core gamplay. I think that's fair game for DLC/grinding
Micro transactions are all OPTIONAL

That's exactly what I was talking about. It's supposed to be OK because "it's cosmetics", "it's optional", "it's just bonus". No, it's not, it's bullshit.
Until a few years ago when you paid 60$ for a game you had the full experience, optional content and all. Now you pay for the barebones "core gameplay" and everything else is locked behind paywalls, insane grinding and RNG mechanics. That's bullshit, it's stuff that it's on the disk and we already paid for it. It's a scam.

Imagine going to a fancy restaurant. You look at the menu and there's a picture of a nice steak with potatoes on the side. You order it, paying in advance and after 10 minutes a waiter comes to your table with a piece of meat in hand and says: "well, if you want a plate you need to pay it on the side. If you want toppings or sauces you pay it on the side. If you want potatoes we'll roll our vegetable dice and hope potatoes come out". Would you be ok with it?

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
yea you're right. no body wants rain, but sheeva and baraka were insanely popular
For one, Sheeva has never been DLC before. Rain has. Ed Boon has already stated that they won't do repeat DLC. And all we have is a supposed leak. And yes, Baraka was played more than Rain online in MK9. If everyone TRULY wanted Rain and he was so popular, they would've added him in the game. Remember that WB who owns NRS is greedy asf. Thet won't put in characters they have evidence to support the idea they won't sell well. That's just how that works. They want money, and a character that had already been DLC and wasn't played much when he was DLC does not do well for his future chances lol

Kusabi

Noob
I have to image this was probably set by WB.

Also, nothing wrong with complaining. But people going so far to nuke the Metacritic reviews? That HURTS the NRS community. As someone trying to introduce friends to their first fighting game... what do I say if they see that Metacritic score? It's still (potentially) the best fighting game made to date.
You tell them that most of those 1/10-3/10 reviews are complaining about "SJW" (code for "women don't dress in their MK 9 attire") stuff or that Jax has an arcade ending where he ends slavery which is... <checks white people notes, as a white person myself>... which is bad now?

SxS626

Noob
For one, Sheeva has never been DLC before. Rain has. Ed Boon has already stated that they won't do repeat DLC. And all we have is a supposed leak. And yes, Baraka was played more than Rain online in MK9. If everyone TRULY wanted Rain and he was so popular, they would've added him in the game. Remember that WB who owns NRS is greedy asf. Thet won't put in characters they have evidence to support the idea they won't sell well. That's just how that works. They want money, and a character that had already been DLC and wasn't played much when he was DLC does not do well for his future chances lol
first of all, he never said that. he was inferring to guests in the tweet that was stated. ed boon asked twice on twitter if people wanted rain, and both posts has extremely an extremely positive response. if rain had no chance of being in the game, he wouldn't have asked. it's clearly a plot conflict with rain especially being that he was in last game. but the sheer amount of requests for him guarantees a spot as DLC. it's foolish to think otherwise

Pizza

Thrill Kill
"Okay, so it looks like Rain, Mileena, Reptile, Sektor, Cyrax are characters with many fans and according to our marketing team these people are willing to buy a Kombat Pack if only their character is in. Besides, we could make a longer marketing campaign based on this and sell them as DLC. The numbers are showing profits...blablabla"

Ed Boon: "NO! NO WAY! Because I said on some tweet four years ago that we will never repeat DLC! Let's sell STRYKER and MAVADO as DLC right now!·"