What's new

Nrs Is Listening guys..

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
LBSH, they made the grind intentionally bad, fully prepared to "fix" it after they already get their initial splurge of cash from whales who want cosmetic stuff now. They'll probably reduce it slightly and take the good PR. I don't even think that's being overly negative, I think it's a legitimate business strategy after EA with Star Wars Battlefront 2.

I do think they listen to the community more than a lot of companies do, but they prioritized the cash money over the quality of their game here. I get it, they have a lot of employees to pay and a publisher who probably has little qualms about stuff like this, but I wish it was better. I suppose the upside is that long term support for the game is more likely to happen when they can get continuous revenue from MXTs.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
LBSH, they made the grind intentionally bad, fully prepared to "fix" it after they already get their initial splurge of cash from whales who want cosmetic stuff now. They'll probably reduce it slightly and take the good PR. I don't even think that's being overly negative, I think it's a legitimate business strategy after EA with Star Wars Battlefront 2.

I do think they listen to the community more than a lot of companies do, but they prioritized the cash money over the quality of their game here. I get it, they have a lot of employees to pay and a publisher who probably has little qualms about stuff like this, but I wish it was better. I suppose the upside is that long term support for the game is more likely to happen when they can get continuous revenue from MXTs.
As one such whale, I can whalefully attest to the truth of your post LOL

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Oh, and NRS please update the tournament variations to be lesss....neutered

both Kabal variations seem so neutered that I'd rather select another character, and he is my favorite MK character of all time. SAD!

I do think they listen to the community more than a lot of companies do, but they prioritized the cash money over the quality of their game here.
I have to image this was probably set by WB.

Also, nothing wrong with complaining. But people going so far to nuke the Metacritic reviews? That HURTS the NRS community. As someone trying to introduce friends to their first fighting game... what do I say if they see that Metacritic score? It's still (potentially) the best fighting game made to date.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes

Also, nothing wrong with complaining. But people going so far to nuke the Metacritic reviews? That HURTS the NRS community. As someone trying to introduce friends to their first fighting game... what do I say if they see that Metacritic score? It's still (potentially) the best fighting game made to date.
I mean yeah no reason to do that, there's a lot of fun game to be had.

About what to say to your friends? Tell them websites like that are are trash for reasons you listed! Art criticism in general tends to be a joke but review scores? Review score aggregators? User reviews? It's silly at best lmao

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
Can anyone who actually has the game confirm for me what the micro transactions can actually buy? Someone confirm for me that they can be used for something other than that one little shop where time crystals can be dropped on time released RNG Kosmetics? I don't want to know about consumables unless they directly lead to immediate cosmetic drops be it gear, skins, or animations.

Searsy82

Noob
I earned 14k couns through 65 online games last night. I didnt do anything else besides online so I assuming that's a good chunk to get?
Yeah, no. That’s a single chest is some cases. I finished story mode with about 200k. The first room in the krypt has about 10 chests for a total of ~60k. I spent all my koins and got a single skin and about 50 “variation icons”. I’ll hold off final judgement till this alleged fix is in place, but I don’t have high hopes.

At the very least I’d like to see the krypt drops prioritize high value items like finishers and skins. Then let people keep grinding for the small stuff if they want.

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
We should be grateful MK11 is being supported longer than any game in NRS history. This wat MK won't be dead by it's second EVO appearance. Thank fuck.
The fighting is extremely solid. My main fighting game in-between MK's has always been Street Fighter. After playing the ENTIRE MK11 tutorial last night (my god it's long,) I'm confident that it's mechanically deeper thank SF5 in almost every way. I can't explain how happy I was to see that. That being said, the grind for skins/gear is definitely annoying. I'm sure it'll be adjusted in a timely fashion though. Relax.
Back in the day patches didn't even exist. You had to go out and physically BUY another copy of a game if you wanted the latest update (or go to the nicer arcades.) We should be happy with the game's state right now, not acting like toxic YouTubers.

My .02

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Yeah, no. That’s a single chest is some cases. I finished story mode with about 200k. The first room in the krypt has about 10 chests for a total of ~60k. I spent all my koins and got a single skin and about 50 “variation icons”. I’ll hold off final judgement till this alleged fix is in place, but I don’t have high hopes.

At the very least I’d like to see the krypt drops prioritize high value items like finishers and skins. Then let people keep grinding for the small stuff if they want.
Yeah that's ridiculous. The way the kept was in mk9 and MKX was great. Now it's a clusterfuck

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
Can anyone who actually has the game confirm for me what the micro transactions can actually buy? Someone confirm for me that they can be used for something other than that one little shop where time crystals can be dropped on time released RNG Kosmetics? I don't want to know about consumables unless they directly lead to immediate cosmetic drops be it gear, skins, or animations.
I'm also unclear on this. It looks like the store only has randomized skins available for limited periods of time? Am I missing something here and there is a way to buy specific pieces of gear when you want, or do you just have to wait for your 1 skin out of 600+ to show up?

LeoNatan

Noob

What does it matter if it's WB or NRS? As a consumer I don't care. These review bombs help. If your friend does not buy this game, it means he or she are voting with their wallet. If enough people do this, the company will make the necessary changes (not just fudge the numbers and call it a fix).

Review bombs work very effectively. It has been proven time and time again. That's the power of the consumer—hurt them where it matter most.

Well, they either patch or fix (from the get-go) offline PvP customisation sharing between local players on PC.

In Injustice 2, P2 could not use the game's unlockable content (gear, special abilities) in local versus modes, unless (on consoles) a second profile was signed, or (on PC) not at all. This meant an inconvenience for consoles, but a broken product for PC... Even the TMNT DLC characters were locked out of P2's access.

Here's the related Reddit post:
GREAT NEWS FOR OFFLINE PLAYERS / LOCAL PvP (re. customisation)

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
Upset about the micro transactions, but I want to know how much of it is WB as opposed to NRS. Because it seems like an easy fix it makes me think NRS has more control than i thought

LeoNatan

Noob
Upset about the micro transactions, but I want to know how much of it is WB as opposed to NRS. Because it seems like an easy fix it makes me think NRS has more control than i thought
What easy fix? Fudging the numbers is not a fix at all. Removing the entire currency system and random krypt is the true fix that we will never get.

And in that regard, what does it matter if it's NRS or WB? As a customer, you buy a product, which has been put forth by WB+NRS. NRS will never release a proper patch without WB's financing and approval, so as a customer, they are one entity.

You'll never know that, due to NDA's, and NRS never daring to bite the hand that feeds them. Have NRS ever even spoken up about the repeated abuses of their game's content since MKX (if not before)...? I doubt any of them has ever found themselves a disgruntled enough ex-employee to warrant them whistle-blowing on the issue...

As for their effective ransomware-locked user content, those decisions are made at the whiteboard stage of game development, and underpin the product from day-1. So, they cannot always just "patch out" or "make fairer" systems explicitly designed to fleece consumers, without undermining their business model. Unless they copped so much heat (literally, legal action) that they decided that they had to cut their losses, and gave people an "unlock all code", little will change. What they will probably do is make infinitesimal "tweaks", and repeatedly, until the hubbub dies down and people move on to hyping DLC characters or their next shiny thing.

Protip: Go PC and wait for hacks.

Afumba

Noob
HOW TO GUIDE:you, the player, want to be pessimistic and negative at all times even if problems are clearly going to be addressed.

1)) Acquire the game ahead of launch when the company is focused on final advertising pushes and day 1 balancing

2)) Play the game but only remember the terrible things that you hate with a burning passion from your experience

3)) Post vitriolic responses on a forum of people to try get as many Likes and positive reactions as you can while still playing the game and getting infuriated at that thing you don't like about it.

4)) Make accusations against a company for a thing in their game that they said they are going to fix the day the game launches.

5)) Do not wait for a fix to be implemented before screaming about it more.

5)) Continue to harass the company of the game after they fix the issue because you wanted it fixed a different way, regardless of whether the community agrees the fixed version is fair.
Yeah no. You call it pessimistic, i call it realistic. I mean you probaly think your attitude on this matter is trusting/hopeful, i call it delusional. About your points...

1. Getting game early is totally irrelevant. It shouldnt have been this way to begin with. Mobile games are envious about the shit they pulled here.

2. Good/great things dont justify bad/terrible things. If he/someone has a complaint than its just that. Why should he soften the complaint by stating things he loves about the game. Why do the good things even matter for the stufd he criticized? They dont, at all.

3. This is an absurd point. So he is not allowed to crizise and demand changes to horrible shit because he is still playing the game? You are just being silly for the sake of it now.

4+5. While an accusation it is easily one of the most logical things about what happened. And being skeptical about the fix itself is a logical as well given how they implemented things. Why should anyone trust them before they see it with their own eyes after they pulled this crap.

6. You are assuming that his complaint comes from a minority; its not. To use your words... to make this "fair" their system needs a complete overhaul not some reward tweaks and store price lowering for the community to be fine with it. Nobody is fine with paying 7,50 for an intro they already bought. Lowering it to 6,00 doesnt change anything. Given me 5k coins instead of 3k doesnt either. And something like this is what we are going to get. Hell, even the grind is just tedious and unfair... nothing cool, challenging oe fun about it. Even beating things doesnt give aby satisfaction due to all the garbage.

After writing all this i am still not sure if your post was meant for real or just sarcastic...

Last edited:
What does it matter if it's WB or NRS? As a consumer I don't care. These review bombs help. If your friend does not buy this game, it means he or she are voting with their wallet. If enough people do this, the company will make the necessary changes (not just fudge the numbers and call it a fix).

Review bombs work very effectively. It has been proven time and time again. That's the power of the consumer—hurt them where it matter most.
Those who care to know the difference between WB and NRS choose to be informed consumers. Your justification sounds like some "ends justify the means" stuff. Watch any comic book movie ever to see how that turns out.

So, you do yo man. Personally, I prefer not to act like a 2 years old with a temper tantrum even if it gets me what I want.

As far as "review bombs work very effectively" - any real proof here or just take-at-your-word anecdotal evidence?

kantboy-2

Ripper
Shao Kahn should be unlocked after finishing story mode, not for preorders only.

He's in the damn story mode, for Grodd's sake!

NRS is listening because the backlash has been insane. I honestly didn't expect this amount of pushback.
I have no idea what's going on in the studio internally, but I am a bit tired of all this.
I disagree that it can't be easily fixed. Just make acquiring one skin get you all recolors of this skin. (Although that will make it obvious that the characters have around 4 skins each) Do the same for all 3 icon colors too. There are some Krypt chests that are not random, and I believe the community will find them eventually and make a handy guide for people who want it. The grind doesn't seem so bad anymore. The game will likely improve, but that's not a reason to stop worrying and complaining about the way things are right now. We didn't get the game early, we got it on release, when it's finished, and it's supposed to be up to standarts.

you could have Havik, Reiko, and Drahmin instead
You'd take Drahmin over Rain? :eek: