What's new

NRS Introduces Enhanced Online BETA For MKX; Sign-Ups Are Now Live

Slymind

Noob
These SFV comments are funny, some people do like to live in their own bubble.

MKX already did what was supposed to do, it sold a lot. They could just move on to their next project call it a day and everything would be fine for them. MK brand is expanding with each game, SF is not going to change that, specially because they are very different games.

trufenix

bye felicia
/agreed,

imo.. if anything "scared" other fighting games it was Killer instinct. That games online is the best in the FGC, far better than any of the Street Fighters.... I think it really showed what you can do if you do it right and its immense popularity is (I think) directly because of the online play. i think that game proved to the money men what online play means to a game.
Well, KI wasn't the first rollback fighter, KI isn't even the biggest rollback fighter. The biggest was probably SFxT, and we all saw how that worked out.

Well, KI wasn't the first rollback fighter, KI isn't even the biggest rollback fighter. The biggest was probably SFxT, and we all saw how that worked out.
no but it arguably has the best online play in relation to off-line play. Regardless of how it is done.. in fact I would say that not only is it the best, it is also a model that is nearly entirely driven by online. It was the mark of a definite shift in focus in theFGC.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
I thought Sfxt netcode was perfectly playable before and after the patch. 100x better then MK9 and T6 which I was also playing at the time unless you are talking about sfxt other problems non netcode related lol.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I thought Sfxt netcode was perfectly playable before and after the patch. 100x better then MK9 and T6 which I was also playing at the time unless you are talking about sfxt other problems non netcode related lol.
SFxT was ass pre patch. However, it turned out to be one of the best fighters online after a couple of patches. The game was just DOA due to gems and etc.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
SFxT was ass pre patch. However, it turned out to be one of the best fighters online after a couple of patches. The game was just DOA due to gems and etc.
I never thought it was that bad at all mainly I remember people bitching about the audio glitches but I thought it was just fine. It was still at least 50x better than t6 and mk9 which I was playing and had no prob landing Kazuya combos and AA.

It is a matter of opinion though so no sense arguing :D

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"

MKX already did what was supposed to do, it sold a lot. They could just move on to their next project call it a day and everything would be fine for them. MK brand is expanding with each game, SF is not going to change that, specially because they are very different games.

I think you are the one living in a bubble. While the game did sell a lot, it still needs a strong community to continue to prosper. A strong community helps w DLC sales, which in turn comes back to us in the form of pot bonuses. tournaments turn into advertisement and sponsorship for them, which turns into more money.

With KP2 coming out along side with SFV, NRS needs something to draw people to KP2. SFV is a very big threat to NRS in sales because its a fighting game just like theirs, that has a bigger tournament presence, a strong casual fanbase worldwide (whereas NRS is mostly NA and EU) and the added incentive of "playing for DLC instead of buying" and "worked from the ground up with the most optimal online experience in mind." NRS needed something to bring their fanbase back in, and this is it. This will help bring A LOT of players back.

E

Eldriken

Does that work for the XB1 as well?
I would assume that it can. I mean, the hardware inside the PS4 and XB1 are very similar to one another.

Secondly, this would HAVE to be possible on the One because it's what ESL is run on. There's no way people would play on an inferior netcode if it got released for the PS4 and not the One.

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
being hype? you came in to this thread on a high horse expecting us to kiss ass, you were looking for a fight.

i've been playing games with good netcode for years. this isn't new technology for me. while it's great nrs community is in the 21st century now, my fanboyism for nrs doesn't cancel out the years of frustration with their previous games.

again it's good news but i'm not gonna pretend like 7 years didn't happen. go ahead and let me know when nrs invents a time machine, new injustice and mk9 netcode then maybe you'll have a leg to stand on about nrs being good listeners.
mk9 came out in april or may 2011, its january 2016. where are you getting 7 years from? are you counting mk vs. dc?

also (and it's really important that some people get this) there is not one person, not a single one who makes any decisions or in any way matters at WB and NRS who believes that a closed beta test for enhanced network features in a year old fighting game that was launched less than a month prior to its release is going to make even the slightest bit of difference in SFVs sales and playership.

There is not one shred of business logic that supports that theory.
Thannnnnnk You

I swear the next time i hear somebody say anything about sfv droping and mk sales im going to flip. Fact mk always have and always will outsell street fighter. Dont let the tournament scene fool you it is the exact opposite in the world and with all that said i'll be getting sfv

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
Wow.

Welp, I gotta hold that because I was one of those who thought that it was either impossible or just plum something they wouldn't do until the next game.

Definite kudos to NRS.

We got another winner in this thread

trufenix

bye felicia
no but it arguably has the best online play in relation to off-line play. Regardless of how it is done.. in fact I would say that not only is it the best, it is also a model that is nearly entirely driven by online. It was the mark of a definite shift in focus in theFGC.
KI's netplay is superb. Nobody is denying that but it is not the first to do it well or seamlessly. And most of the big boys were dabbling (if not implementing) rollback before KI came around. NRS is just the last horse to finish the race, and actually they aren't, Namco is. But Namco has never cared what anyone else is doing.

You're likely to see more games championing KIs success with the freemium model than its netplay.

Gito666

Ninjas > Special Forces
All the Scorpion hate in this thread makes me sad... I hate scrubby online scorps as much as the next guy, but SOME of us scorp mains actually know what we're doing :(

trufenix

bye felicia
Well it wasn't, but more to the point, having "superior" netplay didn't stop it from being destroyed by its numerous other issues. Which included getting its clock cleaned in sales by a bunch of games with shitty netcode.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Well it wasn't, but more to the point, having "superior" netplay didn't stop it from being destroyed by its numerous other issues. Which included getting its clock cleaned in sales by a bunch of games with shitty netcode.
Guess we will have to agree to disagree on that one cuz it was still better then pretty much anything else out pre-patch.

You're likely to see more games championing KIs success with the freemium model than its netplay.
I think KI's model is genius. I wish I actually liked that game... but my dream MK11 would just be called Mortal Kombat.. free with maybe Subs, LK, Scorp and Radian and then new characters released as paid dlc and the engine updated every few years.