What's new

NRS development cycles and MK11 potential lifespan?

Predict the MK11 lifespan;

• 1 year

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • 2 years

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • 3 years

Votes: 34 33.0%
  • 4 years

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • 5+ years

Votes: 9 8.7%

• Total voters

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
If you think about it... People needs to love play it... Nrs can keep with dlc and patches, but if people don't like to play, there's nothing they can do...
truthfully ..... this counts a lot for this life span / cycle for MK11 .... if people don't play a game, why support it ?

Reactions: MDC

MDC

Noob
Voting whatever isn't going to change any outcome. It's not like NRS will look at the poll and go "Well, 26 people at TYM voted for 2 years, so I guess we should just stop supporting the game when we hit that 2 year mark!"

So it's not really important at all. But still interesting to see what people here think.
That's also why its important!
Visionary is that guy who see years in our front. But in this case, he needs to be visionary and fighting game player... Lol

MDC

Noob
Circumventing a ban is typically not rewarded or encouraged.
You can send your feedback to mods and adms, nobody is telling you to not to do.

But i have SURE, on my heart that they know my last thread was not about offense, on the contrary, i got offended cose people didn't get what i was trying to say.

Feel free to hate, i made enemies cose im honest and transparent.

I trust on the adms here.

Last edited:
Cannot answer until I get an hour or two with the game. If its gameplay is shallow, it won't last much past its DLC ransoming period. If its gameplay proves to be as or more engaging than MKX's, then it will last 1~2 years after the DLC period / "support" dries up (esp. if 12 characters are being added + abilities + variations).

Of course, NRS-Warner might not even want it to last so long -- if they have an Injustice 3 or the like on the release calendar...

portent

Noob
This is all about money. Don't ever forget that. IF there is money in supporting MK11 past the 2 year threshold, then that's what will happen.

Likewise, we may also see development cycles increase because the quality of games is getting better. They will need to invest more time.

Lastly, it will also have to do with how many more games sell AFTER the "Komplete" version of the game is out.

I'm SURE that WB has a release schedule for NRS. Don't think that Injustice isn't an advertisement for WB/DC's movies and TV shows. They're not going to pass up the opportunity to cash in.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
NRS has been pumping out a new game every 2 years and they've said they want to dabble in other genres.

I think that in 2021 they will come out with that instead of Injustice 2.
If anything, I think the game that'll be another genre in 2021 might be a DC based adventure game or something (quote me on that).

This new game will come out and it wouldn't conflict with MK11's ongoing fighting game sales for the Komplete addition so they will be making tons of money from the new adventure game and MK11 at the same time.

I think the next fighting game will be another MK in 2023 or 2024.

portent

Noob
NRS has been pumping out a new game every 2 years and they've said they want to dabble in other genres.

If anything, I think the game that'll be another genre in 2021 might be a DC based adventure game or something (quote me on that).

This new game will come out and it wouldn't conflict with MK11's ongoing fighting game sales for the Komplete addition so they will be making tons of money from the new adventure game and MK11 at the same time.

While I think we may see a secondary game from NRS, they have a story to complete with Injustice, and I don't think we're going to have to wait more than 2, MAYBE 3 years for it.

D

Deleted member 59910

If anything I think the game that'll be another genre in 2021 might be a DC based adventure game or something (quote me on that).

I agree. This new game (another genre) will probably be launched for the next generation of consoles, imo. What do you think?

xenogorgeous

Totally predictable. He turned the ban into a warning lol
poor dude .... maybe suffer from bipolar disorder ? It's kinda almost as he made account in TYM only to pose as an attention whore for his weird nonsense political ideas "what the hell" threads .... :confused:

anyway, tried to give a last chance and advice him, but he just dug up his own tomb .... so "coup of grace" .... :p

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I agree. This new game (another genre) will probably be launched for the next generation of consoles, imo. What do you think?
The new generation is scheduled to come out late 2020, so yeah, that'd make sense! If it comes out even a bit later, I wouldn't be surprised if NRS pushes back their next project for it.

Still though, I think that the new project will replace Injustice 3, at least for now. Just a hunch.

poor dude .... maybe suffer from bipolar disorder ? It's kinda almost as he made account in TYM only to pose as an attention whore for his weird nonsense political ideas "what the hell" threads .... :confused:
Damn, harsh lol. He can't even defend himself now.

The dude was the kind of person that thought everyone that disagreed with him was on the side of extremist SJWs, but in reality he just said some really awkward things sometimes.

Aside from the obsession with the whole SJW thing though, the one thing he said that really irked me was:

"If we get a 3rd world war we will have soldiers battling with dildos and womens with hairless armpit throwing laptops with wall of text to explain why fat girls are beautiful (oh wait, girls don't go to war...)".

As someone currently in the US Army that has hundreds of sisters that'd die for our country, yeah, that's not cool or true. They'd put you to sleep if you'd call them an SJW for disagreeing with them too. That's so far off, politically and otherwise, from what they are that it's laughable.

Last edited:

xenogorgeous

Damn, harsh lol. He can't even defend himself now.

The dude was the kind of person that thought everyone that disagreed with him was on the side of extremist SJWs, but in reality he just said some really awkward things sometimes.

Aside from the obsession with the whole SJW thing though, the one thing he said that really irked me was:

"If we get a 3rd world war we will have soldiers battling with dildos and womens with hairless armpit throwing laptops with wall of text to explain why fat girls are beautiful (oh wait, girls don't go to war...)".

As someone currently in the US Army that has hundreds of sisters that'd die for our country, yeah, that's not cool or true. They'd straight up put you to sleep if you'd call them an SJW for disagreeing with them too.
yeah yeah .... thinking before saying can make miracles on social interactions, bro .... :D