What's new

NRS development cycles and MK11 potential lifespan?

Predict the MK11 lifespan;

• 1 year

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • 2 years

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • 3 years

Votes: 34 33.0%
  • 4 years

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • 5+ years

Votes: 9 8.7%

• Total voters

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
would love to see this game surviving to the time (Kronika joke !) and having its life cycle extendend as long as possible, something as 4 years minimum .... but this is only possible if NRS could make effort and keep feeding NRS FG Community with new DLC content per year / all years before MK12 release.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Maybe to see if your are a visionary.
Voting whatever isn't going to change any outcome. It's not like NRS will look at the poll and go "Well, 26 people at TYM voted for 2 years, so I guess we should just stop supporting the game when we hit that 2 year mark!"

So it's not really important at all. But still interesting to see what people here think.

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
3+ years hopefully

What I WANT? 5+ years. What I think will happen? 2-3 years, and hopefully by then you'll have changed that avatar cause it's creepy AF bro.
This guy just created his account within the hour, pretty sure its that derico guy, the tattoos are the same on his arm(he'll prolly delete one the pics now to hide it lol) I'm guessing a new account to hide his past shame. @Scyther can be detective though

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
This guy just created his account within the hour, pretty sure its that derico guy, the tattoos are the same on his arm(he'll prolly delete one the pics now to hide it lol) I'm guessing a new account to hide his past shame.
Now it's getting interesting, and would explain all the sudden hate too. Who's this derico guy?

He said our votes were important. So I asked him why.
Turns out he was just lying.
He did say in another thread that he has some troubles with the language, he probably just worded it poorly.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
3+ years hopefully

This guy just created his account within the hour, pretty sure its that derico guy, the tattoos are the same on his arm(he'll prolly delete one the pics now to hide it lol) I'm guessing a new account to hide his past shame. @Scyther can be detective though
Why use the same photos then? Get your detective shoes on, we need to investigate!

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
Having time travelling already introduced in the game, bringing fighters from the past and mixing timelines is the PERFECT scenario to create Armageddon 2.0. And yes, based on how good this game looks like, I won't mind having it morphed into next Trilogy/Armageddon style game. No bloody guests, pure MK, huge roster of fan favourites and some revamped 3D era guys (Mavado, Hsu Hao because why not?, Ashrah, Hotaru, Havik and others). One can dream.

MDC

Noob
Just an off-topic to not open a new thread. I'll not reply quotes from this message.

First thanks TYM to approve my new account, and yes, its Derico here.

I got banned for the warnings on the political thread weeks ago, it was accumulated warning ban.

After that i avoided political discussions...

That girls thread was not about genre and politics, people insulted me for 8 pages, only a few got the spirit of what i said.

THEN, one guy tried to bring politics with quotes. I got mad and said some truth (What i think is truth) and got banned.

That's all.

Im on your hands mods.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Just an off-topic to not open a new thread. I'll not reply quotes from this message.

First thanks TYM to approve my new account, and yes, its Derico here.

I got banned for the warnings on the political thread weeks ago, it was accumulated warning ban.

After that i avoided political discussions...

That girls thread was not about genre and politics, people insulted me for 8 pages, only a few got the spirit of what i said.

THEN, one guy tried to bring politics with quotes. I got mad and said some truth (What i think is truth) and got banned.

That's all.

Im on your hands mods.
all right .... everyone deserves a second chance .... Advice? try to keep good positive attitude and friendly behaviour this time, and people here perhaps will engange in more cool and nice approach way toward your threads and posts, rsrsrs ;):)

MDC

Noob
@xenogorgeous

Im not disrespectful with people, look my historic here. I respect who respect me! (and yeah, i have zero tolerance with trolls)

Negative? No way! I love mk! :)

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
Boon is trying to get a new IP, Dev confirmed that they are supporting this game longer than they have any game.
Im saying about 4 years, especially with rumors of new consoles, and we will have a full on Komplete edition in the next year-2 years.

But, it also depends on WB studios. If they game sells really well, NRS could be put back into the grinder again for another MK.

MDC

Noob
Mortal Kombat 11 will be supported for a LONG time (NRS speak for one more year than usual)
If you think about it... People needs to love play it... Nrs can keep with dlc and patches, but if people don't like to play, there's nothing they can do...

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
Boon is trying to get a new IP, Dev confirmed that they are supporting this game longer than they have any game.
Im saying about 4 years, especially with rumors of new consoles, and we will have a full on Komplete edition in the next year-2 years.

But, it also depends on WB studios. If they game sells really well, NRS could be put back into the grinder again for another MK.
but 3 years are already longer then before. or do you count when the next game arrives? i talk about active content "developing"/additions. next game itself might come in 4-5 years

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
but 3 years are already longer then before. or do you count when the next game arrives? i talk about active content "developing"/additions. next game itself might come in 4-5 years
Content wise, They will have Kombat pack 1 this year, followed by kombat pack 2 next year, followed by a Komplete edition, with constant support and updates, aswell as adding new gear and customization.

3 years is likely, but it Depends on what WB wants NRS to do next.

Ed did confirm in a recent interview with GI that he would like to do something different, so if this is NRS last fighting game for a while, they will support it for a good 4-5 years depending if the community sticks with the game.