What's new

NRS and WB contribute a $5,000 pot bonus to Final Round XX!

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
The current patch is not even a half-year old. -_-
If a patch for mkx does not come out before injustice 2 release, it will never come out unless they surprise us with the will to support 2 games simultaneously, which I doubt a lot.
And god knows nrs fucked up some things in last mkx patch, that they should fix.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
If a patch for mkx does not come out before injustice 2 release, it will never come out unless they surprise us with the will to support 2 games simultaneously, which I doubt a lot.
And god knows nrs fucked up some things in last mkx patch, that they should fix.
The game doesn't need another patch. Stop

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I disagree, and many other people too.

Not gonna happen though, nrs doesn't give a shit about mkx balance anymore.
No fighting game (including tthe most popular games) is perfectly balanced. You can't "one more patch" to infinity; at some point you just have to accept the tiers for what they are, and just play the game.

It's balanced enough for a variety of characters to make Top 8 now, which is fine.

trufenix

bye felicia
I could give a shit what you and the voices in your head think. Game is balanced.
We seriously need to get a mandatory "my favorite fighting game is" field added to profiles here so you can check what sort of wild bullshit someone thinks is balanced before people replying to people who say something isn't.

edit: I think liking this post this the first @ismael4790 and @Rude have ever agreed on something.

Last edited:

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
No fighting game (including tthe most popular games) is perfectly balanced. You can't "one more patch" to infinity; at some point you just have to accept the tiers for what they are, and just play the game.

It's balanced enough for a variety of characters to make Top 8 now, which is fine.
When you say a variety, do you just mean a variety of the top 5? All I'm seeing is Sektor/Smoke, Shinnok, Mileena, Kitana, and the occasional Scorpion/Liu Kang/Cassie.

ismael4790

One has to take into account the context in which "one more patch" is said.

Last patch was by far the most radical in mkx life. And although it improved some things, the "one fits all" rule hurted many characters that were not designed to play in this meta (like armor launching dependant characters that didn't get 2 bar treatment), whereas others were indirectly buffed when they didn't need it (sektor, smoke, Liu...).

Such a big and ambitious patch needs a continuation to settle the new vision, now it feels unfinished.

Rude

Allow me to take that with a pinch of salt, since it comes from a Sorcerer player.:)

Players that main a variety of different characters feel the exact same way i do. But hey, you gotta go after something since your stance is shit.

Let me clue you in on something Sybil, all the patches in the world won't suddenly make you not shit at this game.

ismael4790

Players that main a variety of different characters feel the exact same way i do. But hey, you gotta go after something since your stance is shit.

Let me clue you in on something Sybil, all the patches in the world won't suddenly make you not shit at this game.
Thanks for proving you have 0 points to provide bringing to table the ability of a player you never faced.

And learn to count ;)

Bye.

Rude

Thanks for proving you have 0 points to provide bringing to table the ability of a player you never faced.

And learn to count ;)

Bye.
You said " learn to count" when you're the one that initially miscounted.

This is my PSN: jshipp39.

See me.

trufenix

bye felicia
When you say a variety, do you just mean a variety of the top 5? All I'm seeing is Sektor/Smoke, Shinnok, Mileena, Kitana, and the occasional Scorpion/Liu Kang/Cassie.
well, that's because its the same 10 guys in every top 5. That's not the characters fault, that's cause people pick their mains in tournament.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Characters that have recently made it to or been used in Major Top 8s:

Sektor
Smoke
Liu Kang
Takeda
Cassie
Predator
Shinnok
Ermac
Mileena
Kitana
Scorpion
Quan Chi
Kung Lao
D'Vorah
Tremor

This is just from December through February.

It's literally like half the cast. And it's keeping in mind that, as always, there are other characters that are decent enough to make a top 8, but don't have strong representatives playing them at the current time.

hayatei

Noob

Sektor
Smoke
Liu Kang
Takeda
Cassie
Predator
Shinnok
Ermac
Mileena
Kitana
Scorpion
Quan Chi
Kung Lao
D'Vorah
Tremor

It's literally like half the cast. And it's keeping in mind that, as always, there are other characters that are decent enough to make a top 8, but don't have strong representatives playing them at the current time.
i cant think of a character that cant make top 8

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11

Sektor
Smoke
Liu Kang
Takeda
Cassie
Predator
Shinnok
Ermac
Mileena
Kitana
Scorpion
Quan Chi
Kung Lao
D'Vorah
Tremor

I see where you're coming from and in no way am I suggesting top tiers are "OP" or "omfg broken pls NRS nerf", I like the game how it is and don't want another patch.
But honestly after making top 8, how far do the players using characters other than Triborg, Mileena, and Shinnok get? Very lucky to make top 4 as the characters mentioned above are just a notch or two ahead of the rest.
Also helps they're getting used by the likes of Scar, Sonic, SemiiJ, and Dragon.

hayatei

Noob
Leatherface, Kotal Khan, maybe Erron Black?
I'd like to think Sonya, J.Cage, and maybe Jax too but I really think they're just not represented well enough and could be great.
sonya basically won a major, lf and kotal are more than good enough

i agree jax/erron/johnny could be a bit weak relatively but even then that says a lot about how balanced the game is