What's new

Strategy Now That's What I Call An Entrance -- Green Arrow General Discussion Thread

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
0. I mean ZERO invincibility frames on wake-up DB2. WOW
Yea the slide is the best wake up if the oppent is doing meaty attacks from my exp.

Always have ice arrow stocked unless you want firearrows to end a match. End combos in ice arrow load. Reset with super, don't combo it. Wait for Marrtian Manhunter;)

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Yea the slide is the best wake up if the oppent is doing meaty attacks from my exp.

Always have ice arrow stocked unless you want firearrows to end a match. End combos in ice arrow load. Reset with super, don't combo it. Wait for Marrtian Manhunter;)
Waking up with slide terrifies me. They block and I'm toast.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Yes it is guaranteed and inescapable, but the timing is super strict, you basically have to load the freeze arrow at the first frame possible. Heres a trick that I haven't seen many people do. After you land a freeze arrow, do a backdash and immediately hit the super. It's inescapable and that way you get the damage scaling reset. Right after the freeze an immediate backdash into super takes just the exact time you need to wait to hit them with the scale reset It's easier to do it this way as opposed to manually delaying the super or loading a freeze arrow then doing super. This works well off of d1-ice arrow, f2d1-ice arrow etc. Basically any string into ice arrow that doesn't leave you far from the opponent like f2d13-ice arrow or a naked freeze arrow from out of distance for the backdash.
One thing I do to time it is do a D3 (sweep) and hit super, it also times it perfectly to make it inescapable, looks kinda cool too.

If I'm feeling swag and know they probably won't try escape i load the ice arrow then hit super, lol.

0. I mean ZERO invincibility frames on wake-up DB2. WOW
Yah man, I still have people try tell me it has invincibility frames and it doesn't. I was getting blown the fuck up by a flash player trying to use that wake up the other day.

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
I just thought of something. If that's plus 15 and the dash afterward puts you at neutral then that must mean Arrow has a 15 frame dash...

So Arrow has a 15 Frame Dash... Useful.
well yea, but doesnt that mean that he has another way to guarentee super on block after b13?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
well yea, but doesnt that mean that he has another way to guarentee super on block after b13?

Kould've sworn someone said that before..

It's not guaranteed though. Just tested it real quick and on block it's "backdashable"

Block Advantage does not equal Kancel Advantage...

SODA n SOAP

OOOGMF
Green Arrows wake up attacks are awful! I have such a hard time getting out of the corner when being pressured. Can anyone offer any tips on how to stop the pressure..? Especially in the corner. Thanks

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Green Arrows wake up attacks are awful! I have such a hard time getting out of the corner when being pressured. Can anyone offer any tips on how to stop the pressure..? Especially in the corner. Thanks
If pressuring you from up front, you can wakeup slide...but if they use armor then bow spin is best due to multiple hits. If they jump over you you can read it an do up arrow or dash out of corner.

The best alternative to those options is wait for a chance to d1 and reverse pressure.

SODA n SOAP

OOOGMF
If pressuring you from up front, you can wakeup slide...but if they use armor then bow spin is best due to multiple hits. If they jump over you you can read it an do up arrow or dash out of corner.

The best alternative to those options is wait for a chance to d1 and reverse pressure.
Thanks for the response. I'll try to implement these strategies into my gameplay.

BurdManJR270

Bigg Burd
Here's an escapable 100% Metroplolis reset combo by my friend HarmTheHomeless. The super can be escaped with a wake up with invincibility frames. I don't know if the interaction can be escaped by a tech roll or not.

P3irce

Noob
Hey guys I'm new to this board and stuck on mobile so reading past posts is a pain so bear with me, but is it known that after b2 and f2,d1 that instant jump arrow down hits and combos ? I haven't seen anyone do this but it kinda makes me want to get back into arrow since the mixups would be crazy . Sorry if this common knowledge like is said mobile reading is a force

P3irce

Noob
Continuing on my last post it seems character specific b2 is way easier and so far has worked on all and f2 seems to only work on the bigger characters while b2 works on most of the cast.

Neither work on superman I think because of his flying standing stance