What's new

Not a Breakthrough, But Possibly Another Zod Glitch that Doesnt Matter

Guys, it isn't that it's character-specific. It works sometimes on the same character. Pig said it worked four of ten times on Lex. I tested it to work six of ten times on sinestro. It's not the character size. There's some weird stuff going on that has no visible pattern, and that is the problem.

Jon Berg

Noob
Guys, it isn't that it's character-specific. It works sometimes on the same character. Pig said it worked four of ten times on Lex. I tested it to work six of ten times on sinestro. It's not the character size. There's some weird stuff going on that has no visible pattern, and that is the problem.

Man, and I only get b12 into d1 on lobo 2 out of 10 times. Should I make a thread? Oh wait no, thats a timing issue, which I'm guessing is the same thing happening here. Or maybe a starting distance issue.

Could it be stance-specific?

At the rate they are releasing these dlc characters, i doubt any of them are being thoroughly tested before being released....we have a new dlc being released almost every 3 to 4 weeks....doubt they even test the character enough to notice the problems they might have with certain chars, hitboxes, and stages...stop being so lazy NRS.
"Guys, let's test this 3,2xxSpecial Move #4 link against every character in the game for any issues."
"Lazy" sounds a little rude. Testing takes a lot of work, 'specially when WB is probably breathing down your neck to get the DLC out for the fast money.
Man, and I only get b12 into d1 on lobo 2 out of 10 times. Should I make a thread? Oh wait no, thats a timing issue, which I'm guessing is the same thing happening here. Or maybe a starting distance issue.
Could it be stance-specific?
It could even be a breathing animation-related thing.

There's no timing issue. It's a basic "string cancel into special" case. I reset after every attempt, so it was the same distance. If you're going to flame us for trying to get our character fixed, we don't want you here. You can go back to the Lobo sub-forum.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
At the rate they are releasing these dlc characters, i doubt any of them are being thoroughly tested before being released....we have a new dlc being released almost every 3 to 4 weeks....doubt they even test the character enough to notice the problems they might have with certain chars, hitboxes, and stages...stop being so lazy NRS.
Lol this is so ironic considering the state of the community right now

Jon Berg

Noob
Just messed around with it, and seems to just be a character specific combo. Use it on the ones that it lands 10/10 and scrap it for the rest. Fixing this would require modifying hurtboxes I'd imagine, which at this stage is prolly too big to do.

Zoidberg747

I mean does he really have NO other options? Because it would be much better to go for a less damaging combo that is consistent anyway.

DarKNaTaS

Retired!
AK Pig Of The Hut also his b12 mb fireball only works on half the cast test with superman you will see it works then goto joker and see it doesnt work. you will understand what im saying when you do that make a video of thats also! it really is annoying to use zod as alot of his combos are broken and dont work correctly.

AK Pig Of The Hut also his b12 mb fireball only works on half the cast test with superman you will see it works then goto joker and see it doesnt work. you will understand what im saying when you do that make a video of thats also! it really is annoying to use zod as alot of his combos are broken and dont work correctly.
That's the issue I was talking about.

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Now I haven't read all the comments, but the reason I think that this is a problem (even though char specific stuff is common in fgs) is that in other games the specific stuff tends to be due to the size and shape of hit/hurt box and generally makes sense. The reason for zods problem I have no idea about, but it certainly doesn't look like a hit box issue. It just appears to me for whatever reason he experiences less hitstun or more push back from the starting string, which doesn't really make sense. I'm all for character specific stuff but some of the char specific stuff in injustice just doesn't seem consistent or reasonable.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Check this out AK Pig Of The Hut ...

I play Balrog in SF4 and he has some ambiguous setups from his headbutt. They are EXTREMELY character specific as are many of his combos that have to be adjusted per matchup. Here is a sheet that covers what you have to do vs each character to make it work:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20617091/hb_mxups_2012.pdf

This is not a big deal. The MB Ground Blast works vs Grundy and only nets 1% less damage from the Rifle combo.

Be glad you don't have to learn and test every combo for every matchup in Injustice like you do in SF4. Maybe now you do lol

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

I play Balrog in SF4 and he has some ambiguous setups from his headbutt. They are EXTREMELY character specific as are many of his combos that have to be adjusted per matchup. Here is a sheet that covers what you have to do vs each character to make it work:

This is not a big deal. The MB Ground Blast works vs Grundy and only nets 1% less damage from the Rifle combo.

Be glad you don't have to learn and test every combo for every matchup in Injustice like you do in SF4. Maybe now you do lol
Ok

but do you think this was by design?

Zoidberg747

And you have to do that for EVERYONE in VF.

Yeah, this isnt that big of a deal imo.