What's new

Northeast Championship (NecXII) in Philadelphia Pa -- A New Life - Dec. 3rd & 4th

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Lol I'm going to have 8 people in my room lolol Last time I think more then that slept In the room lolol

Let people sleep on the floor.

What I do I s who ever chips in. i let them take the beds which could hold 2 people each And I sleep on the floor. There's a couch. I also have 2 air mattresses that I promise to actually bring this time.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
Yes you are which is why my room is full. 2 people, 2 beds = Full
feel free to have more people stay with us brother, i will deff chip inn to help with the costs, as is only fair :)
but is up to you if you want more people in, like Mr Cock said, theres the floor and people wouldnt mind, at least it will help you out costs wise :)
your call, just know that it wouldnt bother me,as you are doing me a big favor by: 1- letting me room so we can split the bill, 2- sleeping in a bed, which with my bad back? is gdlk from you :)

Dark_Rob

Noob
what if we donated? :)
i can donate by driving so you dont have to =]
My thoughts exactly. I'll gladly donate to this cause.
Thanks fellas. Im flattered you all want me there, but in truth if you guys wanted to donate to bring someone there I would much rather it be some young hot shot upstart whos been dying to go to a major tournament and just hasnt been able to.

While money is my biggest issue, it is not my only issue. I could go if I was really willing to spend the money. Im just not willing anymore. Im tired of treading water. Im tired of not even having TV because I cant justify the cost. Im tired of getting a little ahead and then reversing everything because a big tournament comes along every two months.
I know everyone has these kinds of problems, we all do. And people still make it out to tournaments, as I have for over 2 years.
I got to be part of the group who built the Northeast scene from the ground up, and I love Shock,9.95,Summoning,Storms,REO,Tom Brady and AC1984 like my own family. And the same goes for all my VSM brothers.

But I need a break now. Both to get myself out of the debt I allowed myself to get bogged down in over the past two years, and to attend to other matters in my life Ive for to long neglected.

Im not really going anywhere though. I love TYM and the community here. Ive been here since day 1 when the site was launched.
And of course I will still always be at VSM. VSM is pretty amazing. What started as a Thursday night get together between just Phil and myself to play UMK3 has turned into a group of the most elite MK players, recognized and respected around the world. Im very proud of those guys.

My goal is to get myself right by the time MK10 drops. This is very doable. I dont need to be completely out of debt by then. I just need to knock enough of it down to make it more managable. Until then, the tournament scene for MK is strong now, stronger than its ever been before. I have every confidence it will continue to prosper, whether Im there or not.

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
Thanks fellas. Im flattered you all want me there, but in truth if you guys wanted to donate to bring someone there I would much rather it be some young hot shot upstart whos been dying to go to a major tournament and just hasnt been able to.

While money is my biggest issue, it is not my only issue. I could go if I was really willing to spend the money. Im just not willing anymore. Im tired of treading water. Im tired of not even having TV because I cant justify the cost. Im tired of getting a little ahead and then reversing everything because a big tournament comes along every two months.
I know everyone has these kinds of problems, we all do. And people still make it out to tournaments, as I have for over 2 years.
I got to be part of the group who built the Northeast scene from the ground up, and I love Shock,9.95,Summoning,Storms,REO,Tom Brady and AC1984 like my own family. And the same goes for all my VSM brothers.

But I need a break now. Both to get myself out of the debt I allowed myself to get bogged down in over the past two years, and to attend to other matters in my life Ive for to long neglected.

Im not really going anywhere though. I love TYM and the community here. Ive been here since day 1 when the site was launched.
And of course I will still always be at VSM. VSM is pretty amazing. What started as a Thursday night get together between just Phil and myself to play UMK3 has turned into a group of the most elite MK players, recognized and respected around the world. Im very proud of those guys.

My goal is to get myself right by the time MK10 drops. This is very doable. I dont need to be completely out of debt by then. I just need to knock enough of it down to make it more managable. Until then, the tournament scene for MK is strong now, stronger than its ever been before. I have every confidence it will continue to prosper, whether Im there or not.
good luck brother.
tho we only met once, you seemed like a great dude, and your presence here at TYM will be missed, unless you are planning to sticking around? either way, good luck and i hope things get fixed for you the way it needs to get fixed, what ever that may be :)

P.S. I still hate your damn ice clones lol

Dark_Rob

Noob
good luck brother.
tho we only met once, you seemed like a great dude, and your presence here at TYM will be missed, unless you are planning to sticking around? either way, good luck and i hope things get fixed for you the way it needs to get fixed, what ever that may be :)

P.S. I still hate your damn ice clones lol
Oh Il still be on TYM. Its just the major expense of major tournaments I need a break from.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I feel you Rob. I'm actually in the same boat lol and taking a break as well. All the best of luck to you, man.

Guys me and a friend plan on coming to this tournament, the first for both of us. Are ps3 pads allowed and do you guys know if they have sticks for rent, or where someone could rent one. I play pad and my buddy plays stick, but his stick is for 360.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Guys me and a friend plan on coming to this tournament, the first for both of us. Are ps3 pads allowed and do you guys know if they have sticks for rent, or where someone could rent one. I play pad and my buddy plays stick, but his stick is for 360.
You will not be able to play on a wireless ps3 pad. Your friend can get a converter for his 360 stick(I got a cheap one off Amazon that doesn't have any noticeable lag), but you'll have to use a wired pad.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Yes PS3 pads are allowed, just make sure to turn them off and desync them from the system when your not playing. As far as sticks, the MK community has alot of nice people in it. Just ask someone to borrow one and they're anwser 99% of the time will be "sure no problem"

AC1984

Kaballin!
Rob....I don't know what to say......:-(....One of my arms dropped when I read the lines above. Man I can;t let you miss majors. We'll all do whatever it takes to keep you around. Without you it's not the same.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
So sad to read that Rob...I was looking forward to meeting you...

On a lighter note...Does anyone have a converter that they would let me use while at NEC? I got a TE for 360 :(

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Dan, although I'm chipping in I don't mind the floor/air matress, ima bring a sleeping bag

pherleece

Woolay

yeah i feel you. forget my PM then lol

Can anyone let me borrow a stick or ps2(3) controller during the tourney? It doesn't matter which I only use one move anyway. MOTHA FUCKIN DIVE KICK.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
i love you :) awesome you and your bud. and bring the blankets and pillow if you can ill bring the air mattress..
I was planning on bringing a pillow for myself and a sleepingbag already, so I'll fit a sheet in there or something for myself :)

ALSO, I love you too :D

BigE

Elder God
For NEC XII Attendee Entertainment…Namco Bandai Games Presents…

Playable beta builds for Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and Soul Calibur 5!
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 will be playable on an official arcade cabinet hosting up to 8 players and Soul Calibur 5 will be playable on the PS3 (number of set ups TBD). This is the FIRST and possibly the ONLY time TTT2 will be playable prior to launch on the east coast and the FIRST ever USA public beta for Soul Calibur 5. If you were ever on the fence about coming to NEC XII this should make your decision easy!

If you still cannot make it, don’t worry. Both games will be streamed over the weekend by 8WayRun. You can find a link to their stream here: http://www.twitch.tv/8wayrun

Most importantly, this is all possible to Namco Bandai Games and more specifically Rich “FilthieRich” Bantegui of Namco Bandai Games. This is an incredible opportunity they are giving us and all of our attendees so let’s make them feel welcome over the weekend by playing some of their games and stopping by their booth to check out some of their awesome Namco Bandai Games licensed merchandise for sale!

And as a special Bonus we will be Having the first Ever TTT2 Tournament, more detail coming later.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------