What's new

Northeast Championship (NecXII) in Philadelphia Pa -- A New Life - Dec. 3rd & 4th

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Are you in Philly? There's a hand full of great players around here man. We get together around once a week.

Aside from KL and Reptile you see an even balance of every character in my opinion. Perhaps the next most popular would be Sub Zero? Kenshi also looks like he could become a common sight. Even if you don't know the match up well make sure you know how to punish each character since some have unique punishes.

Again, if you live in Philly PM me. We got a lot of characters covered for some good practice here and could use a good Cyrax player.
Toms River is where I roam, sadly. But my family lives across the river in Maple Shade, so in the event I make any visits, i'll be sidequesting on the PATCO to come find some Kombat with you guys, for sure. I'd love to not be the ONLY person around for miles who's all about the fight, and you guys all seem pretty awesome.

Sub-Zero's the one guy out of everyone I practice against the most. When I first starting getting serious about competing, the first names I heard were "Tom Brady's Sub-Zero," and given my passionate hatred of the real Tom Brady (JETS FTW), it just stuck, but it also happens he's my favorite character to spar with and learn about.
Kung Lao's a crapshoot, because no matter how quality or lack thereof in the player, he's got about 575 ways to beat you.
Reptile scares me more than Lao. Seeing Michaelangelos and THTB's elbow dash around the block like its their normal pace of movement is some intimidating stuff. He's gonna be my focal point this week.
Kenshi...Kenshi worries me. Because someone with the proper versing in the telekinetics can tear you to bits without so much as touching you or giving you a chance to break. But there's always a way around the projectile game, just have to find it.

Like many others, I await the patch and its changes.
*prays he can still bounce people off the mid-grenade with the Sticky Bomb/Uppercut*

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Ok you guys convinced me to go lol

Since you guys are coming and chipping in I'll get the room again like last time.

I'm planning a round robin tournament in our room Friday night so that we all get the proper amount of casual games in. I'd like to do it for money as well. I'll post details in another thread later tonight.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I am in for this tournament (for MK2 and UMK3.) However if I show up and MK2 is not played, as was the case at SummerJam, I am going to be a very unhappy camper. I am not going to shell out $500+ for plane tickets, hotel room, food, venue fees, and not play my primary game. If I need to bring extra equipment to ensure MK2 is played, say so and I will try my hardest to make it happen.

edit: Well I guess you can just ignore the post above. Due to work commitments, I am forced to bow out of NEC this year (again.) This is the one tournament I wanted to do on the east coast from day 1 and of course work has to get in the way. Better to know now than later I suppose. :\

Alex_Smith

The artist formerly known as blueNINE.
I'm definitely in there for MORTAL KOMBAT! Also entering GGXXAC (of course), SSFIVAE, and probably UMvC3.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
So hyped for this :D.
I don't even care if I go out early (although I plan on at least being good enough by then to put on a good show...*knocks on wood*), this is gonna be monumentally awesome.
I'm on a mission to casual it up with anybody who'll take me to task. I welcome the beating. Simply because this is the biggest, and given my schedules and lack of traveling means, probably only chance I'll get to really put down some time with guys of this calibur and learn everything I can, because whether things change and I can eventually bounce around and MK it up or not, I've spent entirely too much time getting awesome at this to not wanna keep being awesome once it's over. So I'm gonna make like Shujinko and soak up all the knowledge and warfare and info and between the lines encrypted happy horseshit I can fit in my mind, and I'm gonna try and get a Kamidogu. And if I fail, I assure you, I'll go out with a bang.

(That was a grenade joke.)

(It's okay, I didn't laugh either. It simply had to be said. That's, like..."God would be mad if I passed on this" obvious.)

Shady

Noob
You know what, I'll actually spend 10 hours on the bus to be there, and it's far enough away that I can plan out actually coming to a US tourney.

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
I will be there if I can switch my on call week cause I happen to be on call for work the week of NEC.

Shady

Noob
Im booking my bus tickets as soon as they announce MK schedule and I get my passport in the mail. Will definitely be looking to split a room with people (obviously I'll chip) but a quick question, is everyone leaving Sunday night then? Cause I'm taking the Megabus and there is only one bus each day, and its at like 9AM and I really don't want to be missing the top8 or sleeping in the bus station.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Im booking my bus tickets as soon as they announce MK schedule and I get my passport in the mail. Will definitely be looking to split a room with people (obviously I'll chip) but a quick question, is everyone leaving Sunday night then? Cause I'm taking the Megabus and there is only one bus each day, and its at like 9AM and I really don't want to be missing the top8 or sleeping in the bus station.
You can stay at my place Sunday night if someone doesn't get a hotel room for that night and I'll drive you to the bus station before I go to work on Monday. I might have to drop you off around 6AM though, since I have work at 7:30 about an hour and a half outside Philly.

Shady

Noob
You can stay at my place Sunday night if someone doesn't get a hotel room for that night and I'll drive you to the bus station before I go to work on Monday. I might have to drop you off around 6AM though, since I have work at 7:30 about an hour and a half outside Philly.
Holy fuck, for real? That would be awesome. I just looked at the schedule and they're saying MK is Saturday only, and if that's the case there really isn't much of a problem to begin with since I can safely be on my way Sunday, but I mean casuals and if MK does leak over into Sunday that would be amazing if no one ends up staying for Sunday. I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there. Very grateful for the offer too.

Shady

Noob
Not my fault you're allergic to cute.

And no Problem Shady. Offers there if you need it. But yea, I have a cat, who sheds a lot. So if you have an 8/2 match up against cats like Snips, might wanna find plan B.
I'm like 8/2 the other way tho. I'm really cool with pets. As long as it's not a ninja cat... My old neighborhood had ninja cats. They would keep tabs on you walking down the street and sometimes jump at your door window when you went to turn off the porch light and scare the living shit out of you.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
I'm coming to this, Shady we should try and room or something.

I'll see how many Canadians I can get to come :)

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Shady, who are you going to get a hotel with there? As of right now I'm not sure who from MTL is going and I really don't wanna get a room alone

BigE

Elder God
players if your sure your coming please post here, i want to make a who's coming list.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I'm 99.9% sure I'm going to this one, even though I said the same for seasons beatings. The difference with this one being a relatively short, $5 bus ride.