What's new

Noob Saibot Tournament Variation Combo Thread

Block ball part 2-

was just screwing around today getting down some muscle memory stuff vs the AI, and I feel like sometimes the block ball would leave them super - instead of leaving me -. Anyone know if it's got some special property on CH? I realize i'm scraping the bottom of the barrel (might test no bar KD setups) but i feel like that's the only option.

Want to do my due dilligence before concluding that yes NRS did actually give us a variation where one move could've been literally anything else from his movelist and it'd would've been better.

Matix218

Get over here!
anyone having problems with the b1,1+3? I pull it off really inconsistently.
I hate and have always hated "button + another button" inputs. I find them very difficult, especially on certain controllers. Ps4 it is not bad, switch joycon it totally sucks.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
lol yes guys 1+3 and L1 are the same input. You've always been able to press grab instead of the macro buttons for grab in NRS strings.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
lol yes guys 1+3 and L1 are the same input. You've always been able to press grab instead of the macro buttons for grab in NRS strings.
Yeah...I always change my L1 to the trigger L2 on xbone controller, and throw all the freakin time...but never made the now obvious conclusion to use it for my 1+3 on combos. Well thanks again. You made my noob more efficient lol

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
anyone having problems with the b1,1+3? I pull it off really inconsistently.
I can get it everytime on its own its when its in a kombo shit goes south im playin fighters for years i have execution lol i think im inputting everything too fast 8(

Matix218

Get over here!
I cant believe i have been playing competative mk since mk9 day 1 and never realized that strings with "1+3" inputs could just be substituted by pressing the throw button... :p

TheGlow

Retired Noob
Yea l1 is fine for 1+3. However I still dont get it to come out sometimes
It seems if you panic and spam 1 like b1 b1, b1 and see the move come put its already buffered a b1 which doesnt combo so when you 1+3 it's already ruined.

Nutz

Noob

Highest damage fb i could find midscreen
This kind of thing is really useful in situations where you're really behind and they're out of defensive meter especially. Knowing you still have your crushing blow on the b3>1+3 and they're conditioned into blocking high for that now free 65%. Nasty!

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
What is it about Noob's FB timing in combos...seems so damn inconsistent. I've seen that damn portal open up at their feet right as they hit the ground off a juggled 113 or even a B11+3 and nothing.

Nutz

Noob
What is it about Noob's FB timing in combos...seems so damn inconsistent. I've seen that damn portal open up at their feet right as they hit the ground off a juggled 113 or even a B11+3 and nothing.
I've never tried it off of the 113 on an airborne opponent, but I know with b1>1+3 you can really just keep tapping L2+R2 if you're truly having trouble.

DoDaMuSiC

Ermac ftw
The timing in an airborne is really tricky, i always do it after b1 1+3

zHawken

Would you settle for me sausage?
Doing some labbing in the corner...man he's got some swaggy combos but they scale so hard to the point they do less damage than simple stuff

212, 4xxdb4, f3, d1, 113xxdb4 - 328.66

212, f3xxdb4, f3xxdb4, d1, 113xxdb4 - 312.32

Last edited:

Spo5000

The nerf hammer is thirsty for your main
Is it possible to connect 212, 4~db4, 113~tele amp in the corner with black sabbath? I haven’t been able to hit it yet, but it would be a ton of one bar dmg with the right ender.

iAmOME

Worst NRS player
Is it possible to connect 212, 4~db4, 113~tele amp in the corner with black sabbath? I haven’t been able to hit it yet, but it would be a ton of one bar dmg with the right ender.
You'll have to b1~Grab~tele amp instead of 113