What's new

Noob Saibot Tournament Variation Combo Thread

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
yo, I am just foolin around with noob to get some MU knowledge. What do you guys do typically after ending combo in restand spirit ball? Saw someone saying they got blown up for doing that.
Its only plus 5 so always use b2 first as that gets them to stop jumping then u can start using other stuff b3 spirit ball dash throw dash 212 etc

DeftMonk

Noob
Its only plus 5 so always use b2 first as that gets them to stop jumping then u can start using other stuff b3 spirit ball dash throw dash 212 etc
noob one of the first characters actually kinda clicking with me other than johnny. I like how he has lots of moves like standing 2 with lots of hit stun.

fr stack

noob one of the first characters actually kinda clicking with me other than johnny. I like how he has lots of moves like standing 2 with lots of hit stun.
Hes also forcing me to not play like a manaic cause hes very punishable so u have to pick your battles . Mkx finally leaving my system 8b

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
yo, I am just foolin around with noob to get some MU knowledge. What do you guys do typically after ending combo in restand spirit ball? Saw someone saying they got blown up for doing that.
I usually try to mix them up with these options:
  • Grab
  • 112 since its safe
  • Stagers like 212, S1, S3, F2
  • Go for the low B3 into projectile or B3,1+3
  • F221 to continue my pressure
  • Hop attack if they have been crouch blocking a lot

TheGlow

Retired Noob
Dash in throw or B2 usually. After I see how they tend to behave then might stick B3, spirit ball. If B3 is hitting often then B3, teleport. Or hop punches.

What I noticed after doing the Spirit Ball restand is that if I do D4 on hit I can jail 212 without problems or make them expect fwd throws or back throws. Pretty scary if you ask me. This applies in the corner.

DeftMonk

Noob
I usually try to mix them up with these options:
  • Grab
  • 112 since its safe
  • Stagers like 212, S1, S3, F2
  • Go for the low B3 into projectile or B3,1+3
  • F221 to continue my pressure
  • Hop attack if they have been crouch blocking a lot
If u do hop attack u mean u do projectile after restand then dash hop attack? Shit that’s a long time for someone to be scared to press a button. You must be whipping that ass or they don’t know anything.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
SIAP

New Noob optimal off d2KB midscreen
D2KB dash 113 b11+3 port b11+3 ball /tackle
Shadow tackle amp ender gives 497.27
Spirit ball restand gives 488.72
Given scaling I think this is the max off the d2 without a FB
Holy shit imagine how pissed someone would be getting hit with that LOL

Dante

Noob
SIAP

New Noob optimal off d2KB midscreen
D2KB dash 113 b11+3 port b11+3 ball /tackle
Shadow tackle amp ender gives 497.27
Spirit ball restand gives 488.72
Given scaling I think this is the max off the d2 without a FB
Holy shit imagine how pissed someone would be getting hit with that LOL
Ain't new. Strict timing even i didn't bother to learn :p

Last edited:

Dante

Noob
Needs to hit 11 high enough so that the 3 hits at the 2nd active frame but yeah. I dub it not with my time cause breakaways

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
If u do hop attack u mean u do projectile after restand then dash hop attack? Shit that’s a long time for someone to be scared to press a button. You must be whipping that ass or they don’t know anything.
So basically, I'll end in a restand with B1,1+3~spirit Ball. While they are stunned, I just do a hop attack. I dont abuse it because it's hella punishable but it can catch ppl off guard sometimes

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
The only thing that reaches and can't be escaped from after the restand is b2. Everything else they can simply start walking back and it'll whiff. I'd advise to not do these things.
I'd also be very careful in abusing the b2, because it can be FB destroyed. Good players will have that timing down... and will react to the other options (most being a high).

If you mix up the damage enders and the restand you'll be fine.

I'd also advise to NEVER use a hop attack at that range, They're legit just awful. His is like 13 frames on top of the dash that has to occur, it is painfully obvious what is about to transpire. This is just my plan of attack though.

Always abuse people who don't know.

Just remember that after someone blocks any of these options your turn is over. The only time you can continue offense is if they respect b3~spiritball, because the distance makes it like -4 or -3 and NO ONE can reversal punish this.

DeftMonk

Noob
The only thing that reaches and can't be escaped from after the restand is b2. Everything else they can simply start walking back and it'll whiff. I'd advise to not do these things.
I'd also be very careful in abusing the b2, because it can be FB destroyed. Good players will have that timing down... and will react to the other options (most being a high).

If you mix up the damage enders and the restand you'll be fine.

I'd also advise to NEVER use a hop attack at that range, They're legit just awful. His is like 13 frames on top of the dash that has to occur, it is painfully obvious what is about to transpire. This is just my plan of attack though.

Always abuse people who don't know.

Just remember that after someone blocks any of these options your turn is over. The only time you can continue offense is if they respect b3~spiritball, because the distance makes it like -4 or -3 and NO ONE can reversal punish this.
ya I noticed that about the hop. the+on hit high number attacks on this game all have hella knock back so the hop requires a dash. If you dash and didnt immediately throw or normal for sure ur hop is getting at the least d1 into float combo im assuming. Let me ask you tho, just when I started to get some interest into noob I saw that thread about shadow tackle. In high lvl play is that move useless? if so damn im second guessing my man atm. Seeing that thread as a johnny main made me realize my options to beat it extend to shadow kick not just forceball. This means walking noob to the corner just got way easier. Also main problem I see is, if some char like johnny who is also great at whiff punishing gets a life lead and ducks on u hella far away wtf do u you do? Walk in and do some shit that hes just gonna block and get pressured for? Sounds fun.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
ya I noticed that about the hop. the+on hit high number attacks on this game all have hella knock back so the hop requires a dash. If you dash and didnt immediately throw or normal for sure ur hop is getting at the least d1 into float combo im assuming. Let me ask you tho, just when I started to get some interest into noob I saw that thread about shadow tackle. In high lvl play is that move useless? if so damn im second guessing my man atm. Seeing that thread as a johnny main made me realize my options to beat it extend to shadow kick not just forceball. This means walking noob to the corner just got way easier. Also main problem I see is, if some char like johnny who is also great at whiff punishing gets a life lead and ducks on u hella far away wtf do u you do? Walk in and do some shit that hes just gonna block and get pressured for? Sounds fun.
until they fix his KB requirement for it, it is def. useless. Spirit ball is a better overall projectile.

If they change the requirement for its KB... i can see people using it as an ender to stack upt he hits. Once its loaded... that KB makes any starter into shadow tackle KB a 300 damage punish that can't be escaped.
so things like... 113, b3, b1 1+3 become even deadlier in the neutral.

Noob actually does struggle against that tactic. You have to basically chase and force a whiff of your own. The good thing... is that just one whiff and you basically catch up to the damage dealt to you.
And to your credit... anyone who can punish b1 1+3 on block is an automatic "well shit" for Noob. Taking away a very easy hit confirm, and huge pushback block string.
My hope is that they either allow that move to special cancel on block, or change frames to make it universally safe. I doubt either happen.

DeftMonk

Noob
until they fix his KB requirement for it, it is def. useless. Spirit ball is a better overall projectile.

If they change the requirement for its KB... i can see people using it as an ender to stack upt he hits. Once its loaded... that KB makes any starter into shadow tackle KB a 300 damage punish that can't be escaped.
so things like... 113, b3, b1 1+3 become even deadlier in the neutral.

Noob actually does struggle against that tactic. You have to basically chase and force a whiff of your own. The good thing... is that just one whiff and you basically catch up to the damage dealt to you.
And to your credit... anyone who can punish b1 1+3 on block is an automatic "well shit" for Noob. Taking away a very easy hit confirm, and huge pushback block string.
My hope is that they either allow that move to special cancel on block, or change frames to make it universally safe. I doubt either happen.
ya what I mentioned and that string being punishable seems rough.

fr stack

Seeing double meterless corner
F221 upknee f3 d1 d1 113 slide for 308
The amplify wont hit on the second slide unless u use only one d1

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
I really don't like how the amped shadow slide whiffs in the corner sometimes. What other amp move does that lol.

Nortnauq

QUAN CHI FOR DLC
Are we ever going to stop calling it "upknee?" Like, where tf did that even come from?

Last edited:

Nortnauq

QUAN CHI FOR DLC
Does anyone know if Downknee Slideknee whiffs on all characters in the corner? Trying to find ways around it but haven't labbed it against everyone yet.

Edit: Wrong name.

Last edited:
Haven't labbed it, but online if I hit with 212 & 11 it whiffs the mb slide. And with F221 it whiffs on certain characters. I stick with 113 for the meantime.