What's new

Noob Saibot General Discussion Thread

xKMMx

Banned
My general game plan (Dark Sabbath) is to get distance to start my zoning game. Bf1 on its own isn't all great, but that's what you want them to think. If you read the jump, upknee. If they duckwalk, shadow tackle. Frustrate them at a distance so that when they do get in, you still have great space control normals and any hit leads to 35% restands for 1 bar.

Also, stagger EVERYTHING. We may be safe, but plus frames on block are not our strong suit, and we aren't gonna be killing anyone with 50/50s. Use your block pressure to create distance and set up spacing to make things like b2 or b3xxbf1 safe. And don't be sleeping on the sickle teleport. If you have offensive bar it becomes a damn near 50/50 with amplify/throw
Great input here. Thanks for it. I started playing him like this over the weekend and it feels really strong. It pisses people off and I get called cheap by tons of people but its an honest strategy.

One question about sickle port though. How do you control which side of the opponent you will end up on? I've been trying to figure it out in the lab so I can mix it into my gameplan but cant consistently land where I want and whiff the MB part in matches because of that.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Reminder that ghostball is not legitimate in anyway. You cannot use it for set ups or to force people to jump because it is a HIGH and has him literally flail his glowing hands around, its the biggest tell of all time and easiest high to react to of all time

There is absolutely no reason to get hit by this move in any scenario ever

F221 into teleport would be stupid good, if they buff klone to be usable (faster start up and fix the hitbox/ do NOT make it overhead) he should not have 35% combos off every single touch midscreen if they make him a legitimate zoner.

All they need to do is make running tackle fast enough to be used correctly and make ghostball a mid, then make the B3 1+3 KB requirement q punish or counterhit instead of a mix then he is good to go.

xKMMx

Banned
My thoughts so far:

Why does f221 not combo into teleport? or F22 I could hit confirm that. I think they should change that since he gets a lot of mileage of it but you have to keep it simple unless you're in the corner.

The shadow tackle krushing blow requirement is too much at least for his second variation which is the viable one. I have never gotten this yet I think it should be 5 instead of 10.

Also the shadow tackle should be a bit faster and not disappear when noob's hit.

His first variation, I hope they replace air teleport or the ghost ball for anti air sickle that would make it decent.

It's too bad he can't special cancel b2 because it's a really good normal. Use down 4 a lot it's really good to check players usually they'll want to jump this is where u can anti air and get some big damage.

Very important is to end combos with the reset this is the b1 grab restand or b1 grab and spirit ball leaves you plus but pushes them away. From here you can b2, b3, jump, jump air sickle, walk grab, walk d3, walk b1. There's a lot of options and it's much scarier in the corner. I think this restand is where he shines.

You get a b1 check after a d1 on hit. Use this if u getting outpoked after your d1 easy way to get the krushing blow off the string it's basically easy combo damage without using meter I'm hitting this almost every match now.

Off of krushing blows b3 grab and d2 you can get a lot of damage after the b1 grab restand into teleport, then you can do b1 grab into fatal blow for a lot of damage he does over 50%.

Did I mention he's a beast in the corner?

I still do better with Skarlet though I want to say it's familiarity from the beta but I think she's just better all around but I have the most fun with Noob. Not giving up on him yet.
Good stuff man. I have been nailing people that have me cornered and with a big life lead by getting this one.
B3 (1+3) -b1(1+3) xx Ex tele B1(1+3) into Fatal blow. its 61 % and easy

Dante

Noob
Reminder that ghostball is not legitimate in anyway. You cannot use it for set ups or to force people to jump because it is a HIGH and has him literally flail his glowing hands around, its the biggest tell of all time and easiest high to react to of all time

There is absolutely no reason to get hit by this move in any scenario ever

F221 into teleport would be stupid good, if they buff klone to be usable (faster start up and fix the hitbox/ do NOT make it overhead) he should not have 35% combos off every single touch midscreen if they make him a legitimate zoner.

All they need to do is make running tackle fast enough to be used correctly and make ghostball a mid, then make the B3 1+3 KB requirement q punish or counterhit instead of a mix then he is good to go.
I agree to all these points you make. I'd have ghostball either a mid or tackle clone be safe. Either way we can hitconfirm some strings. B31+3 could end up insane if used for punishment, so maybe some dmg nerf there.

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
Okay, I've been playing Noob a ton since release and I think a few minor changes would really step him up without making him too much.

1) Shadow Klone - I think we could go 1 of 2 routes here. A - Make this an overhead, keep everything else about this move the same. This change alone would help his 1st Variation a bunch. B - Change amplify timing to the startup of the move. When amplified Shadow Klone becomes an overhead. KB requirements changed from 10 to 5.

2) B3 1+3 - Separate from #1 i feel that the KB on b3 1+3 is stupid. I think it would make a lot more sense as a kounter instead of catching someone blocking high (which currently they never will)

3) Ghost Ball - Remove the meter requirements for Ghost Ball. Allow this move to be cancelled at any point in it's animation at the cost of 1 defensive bar (not sure if it should be dd or dash cancellable)

I think these changes would keep him roughly where he is tier-wise without making him too powerful. He would have more options to open opponents up but his gameplan would stay largely the same.

Let me know what you think.

F3 is probably best. It can lead to full combo. Recovery on db4 makes it not allow for follow up and d2 will do the job for more damage than it. Db4 only seems useful in corner combos.

What is your go to anti air on reaction from normal jip distance? I have not labbed anti airs yet (plan to do so tonight after kids are in bed). Do we have a good (and reliable)bnb off of an aa jab? Or is upknee/d2 the reliable go-to?

Sensator

Noob
Can anyone give me some tips on vsing Jade? Seems like every string she does is near unpunishable. My only success vs her is to keep her at mid range with B3 and occasional projectiles. If I get into a corner I have no idea how to escape, the vortex is real.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Huge hitbox/hurtbox inconsistencies in the corner with noob . B1 upknee randomly whiffs 21 as well most of his normals actually . I get it happens midscreen cause of push back but this isnt right they need to adjust upknees path or something

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Does anyone get Noob's B3, 1+3 CB off ever? Cause it seems like opponents have literally no reason at all to ever block standing against Noob in the neutral.