What's new

Noob Saibot General Discussion Thread

Matix218

Get over here!
What is your go to anti air on reaction from normal jip distance? I have not labbed anti airs yet (plan to do so tonight after kids are in bed). Do we have a good (and reliable)bnb off of an aa jab? Or is upknee/d2 the reliable go-to?

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
What is your go to anti air on reaction from normal jip distance? I have not labbed anti airs yet (plan to do so tonight after kids are in bed). Do we have a good (and reliable)bnb off of an aa jab? Or is upknee/d2 the reliable go-to?
S1 for close jumps, f3 is goldlike into combo for mid jumps

zHawken

Would you settle for me sausage?
I'm sure you can get some stuff on s1 aa, but I haven't labbed it as I've just been defaulting to d2. Not a bad idea to test

Matix218

Get over here!
S1 for close jumps, f3 is goldlike into combo for mid jumps
What do you follow up the s1 or f3 with as your bnb combo? I assume you can get at least a f2212 but if you can connect b1 1+3 into ghostball restand that would be awesome

zHawken

Would you settle for me sausage?
Off of f3 you for sure can get a b1, but for s1 I think it might be s1, dash 113xxtele
You might even be able to wave dash a few extra s1's in there for corner carry

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
What do you follow up the s1 or f3 with as your bnb combo? I assume you can get at least a f2212 but if you can connect b1 1+3 into ghostball restand that would be awesome
S1, dash, b1 1+3 into spirit ball for restand or ex tele for damage

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
D2 crushing blow kombo i havent labbed yet but aa standing 1 works too so 1 dash 113 amp tele into restand does around 30%

Dante

Noob
d2 dash d1, b11+3 bnb works.
i have alot of trouble against kabal jump kick jump projectile (its actually broken) dammit

TheGlow

Retired Noob
Also, let me introduce you to the most godlike thing in the game.

B3 - Ghostball thing.

Unff
So I hear but what the hell is the timing on it? I b3 and wait 4 weeks and bf1 and nothing comes out.
Also trying to zone I seem to be against other zones shooting me harder like Sonya or Erron.

Last edited:

BookBurning

Voidwards
So I hear but what the hell is the timing on it? I b3 and wait 4 weeks and bf1 and nothing comes out.
Also trying to zone I seem to be against other zones shooting me harder like Sonya or Erron.
Don't zone with noob, space with him. The general mindset is a bit different, I rarely ever want the opponent full screen from me, I usually want them just a bit beyond footsy distance from me. Noob's not a true zoner, he's a space controller.

Is there a general guide to proper playstyle tactics? Since the roster is changed so much I find myself re-learning basics every new game. I've never actually been good with Noob, but the character in general is what draws me to him. Is spacing generally making use of his long reach, kinda like Vega in SF?

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
Why on earth does enhanced shadow tackle do nothing? It has just a few frames higher frame advantage and deals like 8 or 9 more damage. Not 8 or 9 percent, but just 8 or 9 flat. Unscaled.

Hello. First post on TYM and first time trying to ‘git good’ at MK.

I’m really enjoying Noob but struggling with a few things. I understand he’s a zoner but getting in close with spacing and punishing other fighters in finding hard. My go to bnb is 113~TeleSlam Amp ~113~TeleSlam but I’m finding that 113 doesn’t have a far reach for punishing. What other strings are people using with a decent range in distance? Ie against Scorpions teleport amp what are people using to start a combo to punish him with?

iAmOME

Worst NRS player
Why on earth does enhanced shadow tackle do nothing? It has just a few frames higher frame advantage and deals like 8 or 9 more damage. Not 8 or 9 percent, but just 8 or 9 flat. Unscaled.
I feel like they need to fix that. Spending a bar for 1% is a joke and the Krushing Blow requirement isn't the easiest to get

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
My thoughts so far:

Why does f221 not combo into teleport? or F22 I could hit confirm that. I think they should change that since he gets a lot of mileage of it but you have to keep it simple unless you're in the corner.

The shadow tackle krushing blow requirement is too much at least for his second variation which is the viable one. I have never gotten this yet I think it should be 5 instead of 10.

Also the shadow tackle should be a bit faster and not disappear when noob's hit.

His first variation, I hope they replace air teleport or the ghost ball for anti air sickle that would make it decent.

It's too bad he can't special cancel b2 because it's a really good normal. Use down 4 a lot it's really good to check players usually they'll want to jump this is where u can anti air and get some big damage.

Very important is to end combos with the reset this is the b1 grab restand or b1 grab and spirit ball leaves you plus but pushes them away. From here you can b2, b3, jump, jump air sickle, walk grab, walk d3, walk b1. There's a lot of options and it's much scarier in the corner. I think this restand is where he shines.

You get a b1 check after a d1 on hit. Use this if u getting outpoked after your d1 easy way to get the krushing blow off the string it's basically easy combo damage without using meter I'm hitting this almost every match now.

Off of krushing blows b3 grab and d2 you can get a lot of damage after the b1 grab restand into teleport, then you can do b1 grab into fatal blow for a lot of damage he does over 50%.

Did I mention he's a beast in the corner?

I still do better with Skarlet though I want to say it's familiarity from the beta but I think she's just better all around but I have the most fun with Noob. Not giving up on him yet.

Last edited:

M2Dave

Zoning Master
As many players have already mentioned, the shadow tackle is severely lacking. The start up and recovery are too long. The tackle also disappears when Noob gets hit. The krushing blow requirement is hence too strict for a special move with all of these weaknesses. You would assume a character who was advertised as a "premier zoner" would have a far superior signature move, especially when he has no access to long-range, special-cancelable normal attacks. Fortunately, the spirit ball is much better. However, some characters have slightly inferior zoning but excel in many aspects in which Noob struggles. I respect the handful of high level players who are trying to make the character work, but once they fight Geras and Sub Zero, they will be switching in no time. LOL.

Matix218

Get over here!
I think it is safe to assume that shadow tackle will be buffed in general in the future. Likely made faster, less recovery, and allow it to stay if noob gets hit during the animation. I think they will also reduce the # of shadow attacks required for the crushing blow on the enhanced version. They should make the enhanced version an overhead if they leave its damage as is IMO

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Have u guys noticed u can use an interactable after a special i did it by accident using cassie . Im gonna test noobs specials when im home and see if its a universal mechanic

xKMMx

Banned
Before I knew about the preset area I was going into local tournament mode to see what was equipped and manually setting it up.
I cant count how many "tournament viable" Noob vids I've seen with sickle snag since it's in the other defaults misleading g you that its tournament.
Yea since day one I’ve been working on Total blackness based off YouTube vids thinking he was going to be my main for ranked and tournaments. I think probably most people don’t even know about this weird way of having the presets set up.

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
What is everyone's favorite loadout for abilities? I feel like the quick high projectile really helps him since tackle obviously cant do anything by itself. Aerial clone also seems really good. Shadow strike looked meh at first but it's nice for a safe on hit special that can frame trap and has one 50/50.