What's new

Noob Saibot General Discussion Thread

Erron is awesome wtf... What don't you like about him?

But yeah noob has alot of trouble winning vs ppl with even a little experience vs him but that's ok
Many EB's in KL just do the usual vortex and flying kick or slide mindgame. When you counter those strategies it's like their brain shuts off and they don't know what to do lmao. But yeah, with Noob we still have to work a lil bit harder to win against the top tiers. A Reborn Scorpion that knows what's up is a nightmare.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
But yeah noob has alot of trouble winning vs ppl with even a little experience vs him but that's ok
That's not true at all. I met a lot of good people and there was rarely a match I couldn't have won. Those games I've been destroyed, I lost because the players where a lot better than I am.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Made it to GrandMaster on XBL primarily using Noob.

I've gotten pretty decent at the Liu Kang, Sub Zero, Scorpion match ups. Even starting to pull even with Erron Black.

Skarlet, Jade, and Kitana are rocking my freakin world. Kitana fan spammers especially. I just can't get in with Noob. Also I guess my reactions suck bc I rarely am able to get a teleport in unless it's a hard read but that also leads me to getting blown up D2 KB'd.

The Skarlet matchup is a work in progress, just gotta practice FB'ing her gaps.

Jade and Kitana though seem very tough for me, granted I jump a lot to open up opponents and have to play more linearly against them.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Sick skin, but why did NRS not code Noob's shadow to replicate what he is wearing. It is a clone of him after all.

I've gotten pretty decent at the Liu Kang, Sub Zero, Scorpion match ups. Even starting to pull even with Erron Black.

Skarlet, Jade, and Kitana are rocking my freakin world. Kitana fan spammers especially. I just can't get in with Noob. Also I guess my reactions suck bc I rarely am able to get a teleport in unless it's a hard read but that also leads me to getting blown up D2 KB'd.

Jade and Kitana though seem very tough for me, granted I jump a lot to open up opponents and have to play more linearly against them.
Skarlet, Jade and Kitana give Noob problems. Against Skarlet I would advise that you'll need to out neutral her and make her wife her normals. It's hard because she controls the midrange game super well. 2,1,2 is punishable on block. B3, 4 has a nice gap to FB or poke out of. You can teleslam her projectiles, but the timing is tight. You'll be able to land one easily if you know it's coming which requires a lot of skill points in ones yomi skill tree.

Jade I do not have a lot of experience fighting, nor do I have any experience fighting Kitana.

Scorpion I personally see as a 5-5. It's not bad of a matchup at all. It just requires patience. We can punish teleport and ex teleport with standing 1. When they teleport and you block there is a brief moment where the amplified animation can come out. If you don't see the amplified animation startup for this move you can punish it with a standing 1 into 36%-40% depending on your execution. Again, it's a brief window, so it requires a lot of paying attention to moves and their animations. Scorpion's chain swing into kick can be punished by f2,21,2. Lastly, some of his mixups options are also unsafe. He is a good character, but scorpion's still have to commit.

Sub-Zero can be a pain since he can punish our b1, 1+3 on block with a full combo at the right distance or just punish with slide; however, it's not as bad as ot might seem. Sub doesn't net too much damage and only has mixups if he has meter, so this is another matchup that requires patience.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta

I wouldn't worry about FB gaps in Skarlet...as you don't really get much benefit.

My advice would be to lab up her projectile frame traps, and learn when you can jump, when you can walk and why you shoudl block.

If anything... you should learn to FB her projectiles to not eat the chip that can build up.

Noob CAN trade, and take over the projectile game if you're smart and pay attention.

Once you force HER to move... then you can be a bully again. Remember that her TP to "get away" costs a bar of defensive meter... so at that point you can catch up or take over damage.

This is also a MU where I'll just randomly toss sickle ports to just mess with their heads.

The one MU that i've basically given up on is Cassie. I feel like she literally is better in all the spaces Noob is supposed to be good in.

Zer0_h0ur

Skarlet, Jade and Kitana give Noob problems. Against Skarlet I would advise that you'll need to out neutral her and make her wife her normals. It's hard because she controls the midrange game super well. 2,1,2 is punishable on block. B3, 4 has a nice gap to FB or poke out of. You can teleslam her projectiles, but the timing is tight. You'll be able to land one easily if you know it's coming which requires a lot of skill points in ones yomi skill tree.

Jade I do not have a lot of experience fighting, nor do I have any experience fighting Kitana.

Scorpion I personally see as a 5-5. It's not bad of a matchup at all. It just requires patience. We can punish teleport and ex teleport with standing 1. When they teleport and you block there is a brief moment where the amplified animation can come out. If you don't see the amplified animation startup for this move you can punish it with a standing 1 into 36%-40% depending on your execution. Again, it's a brief window, so it requires a lot of paying attention to moves and their animations. Scorpion's chain swing into kick can be punished by f2,21,2. Lastly, some of his mixups options are also unsafe. He is a good character, but scorpion's still have to commit.

Sub-Zero can be a pain since he can punish our b1, 1+3 on block with a full combo at the right distance or just punish with slide; however, it's not as bad as ot might seem. Sub doesn't net too much damage and only has mixups if he has meter, so this is another matchup that requires patience.
I feel better about the Scorpion matchup every day and use Skarlet to counter pick less and less, especially if it's Searing Rage. I patiently work him into the corner and punish the crap outta any teleports. Patience is key, like you said.

I wouldn't worry about FB gaps in Skarlet...as you don't really get much benefit.

My advice would be to lab up her projectile frame traps, and learn when you can jump, when you can walk and why you shoudl block.

If anything... you should learn to FB her projectiles to not eat the chip that can build up.

Noob CAN trade, and take over the projectile game if you're smart and pay attention.

Once you force HER to move... then you can be a bully again. Remember that her TP to "get away" costs a bar of defensive meter... so at that point you can catch up or take over damage.

This is also a MU where I'll just randomly toss sickle ports to just mess with their heads.

The one MU that i've basically given up on is Cassie. I feel like she literally is better in all the spaces Noob is supposed to be good in.
You can get a full U2 FB punish on Skarlet's F43 by FB'ing the low 3. U2 into B11+3 and boom.
But regarding what @Hitoshura said, I feel that her control of that middle space that Noob wants to use weighs the match up to her favor.
Cassie is hard AF, agreed. Her ex overhead green glow kick thing being a safe corner swap makes it near imposible.
But it appears she's top 1-2 tier so that'll happen i guess.

TheGlow

Retired Noob
Scorpion is a mixed bag. I've fought a bunch that play crazy defensive and I don't know what to do. Just crouch across the screen so projectiles pointless, or you get to happy with them and then eat a teleport. Searing Rage spams the chain and damn thing has beaten jump ins, teleports, even amped sickle port behind and I've been hit.

Does noob seriously onlyhave 3 brutals in his tourny variants? The universal uppercut, back throw where you need to win with over 50% hp and front throw that requires mercy?

TheGlow

Retired Noob
It's actually just kill with ex tele now smh
Im not sure. I know the killing one can be the 3rd tele. And I hope to hell you manage to land 2 more prior to that.
However I dont remember exact number but if amp tele does 150 damage, then it wont brutal if they had 140. If has to kill before the last 1 or 2 hits if I recall.

Y'all will probably think im dumb or something but the hardest thing to execute as Noob for me is the Spirit Ball after B1,1+3. I dont know what's wrong with me but it never works properly.
Doing neutral it works 100 out of 100 times but in a combo to go for the restand it simply wont come out even though the command list looks perfect..

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I decided to play some Noob today and while he is fun it seems like you gotta work pretty hard to open people up since he has like one OH that is easy to see coming.

I think ill keep playing him a bit since I have always liked him, he just wasn't at the top of my list to play in this game with the Kahns, Shang and Baraka also in it lol

Zer0_h0ur

Y'all will probably think im dumb or something but the hardest thing to execute as Noob for me is the Spirit Ball after B1,1+3. I dont know what's wrong with me but it never works properly.
Doing neutral it works 100 out of 100 times but in a combo to go for the restand it simply wont come out even though the command list looks perfect..
Try adjusting your input window timing.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
I decided to play some Noob today and while he is fun it seems like you gotta work pretty hard to open people up since he has like one OH that is easy to see coming.

I think ill keep playing him a bit since I have always liked him, he just wasn't at the top of my list to play in this game with the Kahns, Shang and Baraka also in it lol
The overhead argument is stupid. I mainly open up people with 212 and f22

Why does that work vs better opponents?
It doesn't, not realistically. To answer the other guys question. After playing the entire first season as Noob my opinion on the character is that he doesn't kill his opponents, they kill themselves, he just deals the killing blow. Meaning that the one true way to open people up is by forcing their mistake, making them push buttons and punishing with B1,1+3 and by the good ol' whiff punishing in general.
Granted, people online usually don't study the game as if they were paid to play it so B11+3 really shines in online ranked but when it doesn't you better be on point with your whiff punishing and to poke the opponent to death.

It doesn't, not realistically. To answer the other guys question. After playing the entire first season as Noob my opinion on the character is that he doesn't kill his opponents, they kill themselves, he just deals the killing blow. Meaning that the one true way to open people up is by forcing their mistake, making them push buttons and punishing with B1,1+3 and by the good ol' whiff punishing in general.
Granted, people online usually don't study the game as if they were paid to play it so B11+3 really shines in online ranked but when it doesn't you better be on point with your whiff punishing and to poke the opponent to death.
Can confirm on the B1 1+3 online. It does wonders against poke poke poke smashers.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
Why does that work vs better opponents?
You've several more options to open up people. Enemies have to respect every single option you have.

Grab a lot noob has 2 krushing blows

Some hop attacks let the enemy respect that they can not safely block low.

Mixing your options is the key to victory.

Sure you have to be patient, good anti airs and excellent punishing to win with noob.