What's new

No secret characters in MK11 - Daanish Syed

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Stan - an overzealous or obsessive fan of a particular celebrity.

It's not always negative though. I don't think a lot of people who call themselves stans are obsessive over people or characters. They just like them a lot.

I stan Nicki Minaj. I listen to all of her music and listen to her radio show and follow her on social media. But, I'm not obsessive. She's not on my mind 24/7.

I stan Mileena and Kitana. I really like these characters and love to see them in games, but if either of them weren't in it's not the end of the world for me. Some stans get a bit krazy with a k. Like the people who claim to cancel their pre-order or whatever. We don't claim the krazies.

But, when people refer to Mileena stans or Mileena fans in general for some reason it's always in a negative tone. "All these Mileena stans in denial" so on, so forth. But, there are Reptile stans, Rain stans, etc. If any 'stan base' is in denial it's the Reptile stans let's be real. I've seen way more pressed Reptile fans than Mileena fans. I feel like most Mileena fans I've personally seen are like "Eh, we got Kitana, Skarlet, and Jade. Other bad bitchez to choose from" Or they're waiting to see if she could end up DLC.
Interesting, back in my day we just called them fanboys or fangirls.

Man, I'm old. lol

Thanks for the info! :D

What ever it is, must be a MARVEL too look at haha... Ok I 'll take my leave now :D:p
lmao, I wasn't even thinking of Stan Lee when I said that!

I see what you did there! :p

It think it's supposed to be stalker+fan. I don't actually know, but it's probably the same meaning.
That actually makes a lot more sense when you lay it out this way! A mashup of stalker+fan.

Personally, I would have gone with "Fanker" lul

Last edited:

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
At the start of the game, and this is when you needed to play story mode to get him, Shinnok was low tier, he couldn’t MB his Sparks on block, and didn’t have an overhead.

Brainiac wasn’t as good at the beginning of the game, I wouldn’t call him extreme low tier, but he wasn’t good because he couldn’t hold his drones, even the held drone went away if you blocked something, and he did a lot less damage.
Shinnok wasn't good at the beginning of MKX either, for that matter.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
Yep. It's about a dangerously obsessed Eminem fan. I'm not a huge fan of rap myself, but I appreciate good storytelling when I hear it, and that song definitely has that.
Listened to it. Good song, but honestly, all I could think about during the Dido bits was that King of the Hill Episode where Boomhauer steals Bill's crush and takes her back to his house to make love to her. XD

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Why should a player be punished for liking a niche character? Why should they have to pick someone else due to an unnecessary practice? It's not like people are deliberately playing low-tier; they're trying to play who they like and are good with.
How are they being punished? These characters have always been available to play at tournaments. All you have to do to unlock them for yourself is play the game you paid for. I don’t see the issue for a couple characters being unlockable.

Sure if you started with just Scorpion and had to unlock every other character that would be stupid. But 1 character? Who cares.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
There will be secret characters, sure.

Not sure where the hell is this secret characters idea came from..

Shinnok wasn't good at the beginning of MKX either, for that matter.
That is what I said. Or are you implying Shinnok wasn’t low tier, but wasn’t good?
Shinnok without mb Sparks on block and without his b3 was definitely low tier, I played him exclusively during that period. Bone Shaper couldn’t 2in1 cancel his f22 1+3 string as well, his projectile was a mid, but like -25 on block)

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
That is what I said. Or are you implying Shinnok wasn’t low tier, but wasn’t good?
Shinnok without mb Sparks on block and without his b3 was definitely low tier, I played him exclusively during that period. Bone Shaper couldn’t 2in1 cancel his f22 1+3 string as well, his projectile was a mid, but like -25 on block)
I'm not even sure what we are talking about anymore.

Shinnok was ass until they buffed him. By the end of the game he was top tier. I think we both are agreeing with each other.

I mean, you were repeatedly told flat out there were 25 characters at launch. I don't really have any sympathy for people who willfully chose to ignore that because a nameless person on Gamefaqs said Mileena was unlockable.
It bothered me how people went "they're just lying" whenever they said the base roster was 25 characters.