What's new

No one's talking about the SKIN/GEAR update in patch!

POPTDP

Noob
these are not in the game yet ..... hackers had already datamined the game base, and discovered that some skins and gears, are not obtainable yet, no matter what .... :p

these 3 were on the list of "impossible to get" skins, so, only when NRS update the game and allow these to be picked up ;)
Then what does it say in requirements when you select the skin in the customise screen?

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Then what does it say in requirements when you select the skin in the customise screen?
that "can be found on Krypt" .... but none of them are there .... so, the text is just a temporary placeholder, until :

1. NRS make them really avaliable on Krypt, or through another method
  2. There is rumour about a future Krypt update, that would expand some hidden no accessible yet areas of it (kinda Living Forest, etc) .... this was datamined too, but , for now, is pure speculation, if , indeed , gonna happen , hehe
:D

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
(E.g. have you unlocked Edenian Blue for Kitana or Shao Kahn's MK9 skins?)
These are 2 of the only 3 skins remaining that I want. They both still just say the vague “Krypt” (which pretty much means they don’t exist yet). Irritating as a burning piss.

The third is Skarlet’s full red/black with ponytail, which just says “???” still.

It seems like the only ones they updated are the ones that you get from the Shrine. Unless they also added chest indicators, but maybe I already have all of those so I didn’t see any.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
These are 2 of the only 3 skins remaining that I want. They both still just say the vague “Krypt” (which pretty much means they don’t exist yet). Irritating as a burning piss.

The third is Skarlet’s full red/black with ponytail, which just says “???” still.

It seems like the only ones they updated are the ones that you get from the Shrine. Unless they also added chest indicators, but maybe I already have all of those so I didn’t see any.
That's not very reliable. Jade's white and green non-hooded skin called New Emerald is said to be unlocked in the krypt, but after this update, I got it from a ToT by beating a single-character tower with her. Her Promise Keeper glaive used to say "Krypt" as well, but it was actually unlocked in ToT. Now they've updated that requirement.

I also got Onaga Hunter mask, Staff of Majorika and another glaive that I can't remember the name right now, something along the lines of Final Gift of Jobashel. I'm definitely zeroing in on that True Friend (purple/green non-hooded) and True Edenian (all-green hooded) Jade skins right now, so pumped to unlock them!

POPTDP

Noob
That's not very reliable. Jade's white and green non-hooded skin called New Emerald is said to be unlocked in the krypt, but after this update, I got it from a ToT by beating a single-character tower with her. Her Promise Keeper glaive used to say "Krypt" as well, but it was actually unlocked in ToT. Now they've updated that requirement.

I also got Onaga Hunter mask, Staff of Majorika and another glaive that I can't remember the name right now, something along the lines of Final Gift of Jobashel. I'm definitely zeroing in on that True Friend (purple/green non-hooded) and True Edenian (all-green hooded) Jade skins right now, so pumped to unlock them!
That's awesome! Thank you!

Hopefully that means that we can unlock ANY skin/gear piece from playing ToT with that character..

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Is it possible that the items that just say 'Can be found in Krypt' are for the ones in the invisible chests? Re-spawned or otherwise?

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
That's awesome! Thank you!

Hopefully that means that we can unlock ANY skin/gear piece from playing ToT with that character..
I think it’s possible to do that now. I saw someone on the reddit post that they got the klassic kabal mask which until now was unobtainable

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I wonder if ANY skin and gear are included in this lottery, even the infamous 'prizes as your online rank increases' ones.

This is great but why is it a 50/50 chance to get gear in the towers? NOBODY WANTS AUGMENTS. I grind a tower hoping to get gear, and...augment. NRS obviously does this to keep us playing as much as possible. Bastards.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
This is how it should've been from the start. Getting skins and gear through playing the game instead of by chance through some RNG slot machine.
I love this change, and the fact it gives you skins/gear/augments for the character you're playing makes it so much better!

Benlo

PrayforSareena
First tower I do since yesterday and the patch : got Jade New Emerald skin as reward :eek: 3 months I was looking for :eek:

I finally have been lucky in this game .

POPTDP

Noob
Good to hear all round, I'm hoping this allows you to get any skin including Kombat League ones given it is random. Would make so many people happy.

Now to just wait for the patch to come on PC already!

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Good to hear all round, I'm hoping this allows you to get any skin including Kombat League ones given it is random. Would make so many people happy.

Now to just wait for the patch to come on PC already!
I don’t think it’s any skin. Derek specifically said the word “pool” of skins, so it sounds like it’s only a selection of them.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
What if the description of the gear doesn‘t specify where I can find it in the krypt? Every mask of kabal has details where to find it in the krypt Beside his classic mask which is the only one I want.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I still dont understand the gear that says you get it from AI battles. What is the requirement on those? How many battles etc?

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Speaking of skins, Sonya's boss tower from last night dropped a tower key which unlocks tons of skins, one of them being Jade's True Edenian skin which was the last one I wanted!