What's new

No one's talking about the SKIN/GEAR update in patch!

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Jade players who don't use green colors on her are not true Jade players. ;)
And now I finally have all her skins in her green colour, so I'm happy. :D
When the non-Revenant version of her main costume is available, that will probably be my default skin to use though.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
One other thing that I've noticed while doing the Towers of Time, the AI difficulty seems to have been increased. The AI is doing Flawless Blocking and throw techs on a more consistent basis

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I think they increased drop rates too.. I like got tons of skins/gear while looking for the shit I wanted.
I think it's because it only gives you shit you don't have. So in my instance with jade, I have maybe 10 gear pieces missing and like 7 skins. The pool is pretty small.

It's a very nice addition considering it looks like they added the unobtainable stuff in here as well. If I can just get Cassie's yellow jacket variation I'll be a happy man in the skin departments.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
What if the description of the gear doesn‘t specify where I can find it in the krypt? Every mask of kabal has details where to find it in the krypt Beside his classic mask which is the only one I want.
By the looks of things anything that say its in the krypt with no detailed description isn’t available in the krypt, however you can get them through the towers. Someone on the reddit got the klassic kabal mask that way.

That's not very reliable. Jade's white and green non-hooded skin called New Emerald is said to be unlocked in the krypt, but after this update, I got it from a ToT by beating a single-character tower with her. Her Promise Keeper glaive used to say "Krypt" as well, but it was actually unlocked in ToT. Now they've updated that requirement.

I also got Onaga Hunter mask, Staff of Majorika and another glaive that I can't remember the name right now, something along the lines of Final Gift of Jobashel. I'm definitely zeroing in on that True Friend (purple/green non-hooded) and True Edenian (all-green hooded) Jade skins right now, so pumped to unlock them!
Just an FYI, True Edenian is in a summoned tower called "Crack The Vault." You summon it with the "Infernal Contract" Tower Key.

The tower key was in the "At Ease" tower yesterday. So, if you can't get it by just beating towers with Jade, that's an alternative way, whenever the tower pops back up.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
Just an FYI, True Edenian is in a summoned tower called "Crack The Vault." You summon it with the "Infernal Contract" Tower Key.

The tower key was in the "At Ease" tower yesterday. So, if you can't get it by just beating towers with Jade, that's an alternative way, whenever the tower pops back up.
Yeah, I figured that out... I wanted that skin ever since the game came out, but it was never appearing in any ToT. I ended up getting both skins eventually.

Just to add that I'm officially 2 masks, 2 staves, 2 glaives and 3 skins away from full completion. :)

Yeah, I figured that out... I wanted that skin ever since the game came out, but it was never appearing in any ToT. I ended up getting both skins eventually.

Just to add that I'm officially 2 masks, 2 staves, 2 glaives and 3 skins away from full completion. :)
I need 3 masks, 2 glaives, 1 stave and 5 skins for Jade. Currently focusing on Kitana, though... Looking to see if that Edenian Blue skin will pop.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Now if they would only upload more single towers in ToT. lol

It's a nice change for sure, but why can't we get skins/gear for playing online with our characters??
Awesome job NRS!
please add earning skins by playing online I'd say every 10 wins you get a skin for that character.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
I've noticed I'm getting random skins too, but mostly in towers/shrine. and I actually got 5 skins out of one Kronika Ball thing today I found in the krypt. I wonder if they plan on adding more colors or something. It also seems like I get an endless supply of Noob Saibot and Kabal skins but yet I'm wrong as I was looking today and I really don't have that many. lol. I am supportive however if them adding more color schemes to updates as some are just ugly. I don't know what it is, but so many characters look awful in Yellow. It just does not work. Yellow with Green IMO is about the only colors that work together. I mean....who wants to play as a yellow revenant Kitana. well wait. Yellow works well for D'vhora of course. it just depends. Just goodness.....a yellow Raiden. Golden is fine but bright yellow. ugh. Characters need more Rainbow or Military-ish outfits. I think the bright pink outfits are fun too. By Rainbow I mean something like how Jaqui has her jacket. I mean seriously. A Raiden/Kitana/Cassie/Jade with one of their outfits with tons of colors would be awesome. I mean, something darkish. Nothing blinding. But Sonya's yellow outfits are just ugh. gross. Like seriously everyone has a yellow costume. It's like did they all stopped time and invented post its on their way to battle. If we get a yellow Sindel then I'm done. The yellow Skarlet already has me losing sleep. Oh well...at least we have other options. Scorpion and Tanya are the ones who own Yellow.

Last edited:
I absolutely love it and easily my favorite patch for this game thus far. It really makes grinding so much more enjoyable, especially after wasting millions upon millions of coins for rewards I didn't want.

kantboy-2

Ripper
I finally have all the Kano gear/skins without having to play the multiplayer tower.

Only thing I'm missing are the skins and gear not yet available in the game.