What's new

NO MORE FREE CANCELS

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
I think everyone in here calling for Jacqui nerfs have honestly never played her
I play her, I call for nerfs GIIIIIIIT RRREEEEEKT

JK, but seriously though, leave her as she is, give her a considerable damage nerf. She does not need 300 dmg meterless anti airs off s1, she does not need Baraka damage. It's super easy to open people up with this character, and her damage should reflect that. There's a reason Jade doesnt hit like a truck, cause she opens you up a lot. Baraka hits like a truck because he cant hit confirm off f4 into combo and relies on HIGH attacks to do so. Liu Kang doesnt hit like a truck midscreen for the very same reason. Cancels provide her with arguably the best throw mixups in the entire game and she gets hella oki.

She's too good, plays top level footsies, has insane rushdown, has to be respected in neutral, has top 3 damage, meterless conversions through the roof. People really underestimate her neutral lul. There's a reason Dragon has stated Jacqui is a bad MU - but oh look, it's a ZONER vs JACQUI???

Take Johnny, has a good projectile (when it works LUL). But in certain matchups it's just not gonna cut it, thus requiring him to close distance traditionally. Shadow kick is a good tool in this regard, but SUPER unsafe. I have no moves that can punish them for neutral ducking since the distances I can SK from doesnt apply to f4. Jacqui on the other hand can essentially do a mixup, and the defender can just block bf2 - she's STILL safe and in your face. Plus, the krushing blow demands respect. You guys need to stop acting like this is Robin vs Deadshot.

Just nerf her damage. Jax has to spend 2 bar to get what this bitch gets off meterless anti airs. Keep everything else

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
Why I think she is good is her tools, her weakness Is supposed to be No projectiles but she has B2/B22/Dash Punch which are all unreactable and her B22 a mid high jails into the high making it not duckable and the dash punch requires you to not play footsie and crouch instead of move. Both are safe on block. Add to that she gets amazing damage & KB and has amazing pressure with the fastest mid in the game (9f).
For me personally her B2 is the thing that makes her ‚too‘ complete of a character. Yes the startup is not the fastest but it’s decent and booooiiii does that shit have range. I cannot count the number of times I have outspaced the first hit only to be hit by the 2nd. For me it’s just too good of a get in tool.

The way her pressure is designed she should always need to be on top of the opponent to get good pressure, but once she is in b2 range she basically has it already. Her cancels are fine, dashpunch is fine, her b2 paired with all of this isn’t. I know there’s counterplay blablabla I really don’t care, a character with her strengths needs to have clearer weaknesses.

She simply gets in too fast, while it’s hard to keep her out consistently and she has to take too few risks in order to do so. Once she’s in, you’re fucked, that’s the way it should be. But that’s also the reason why she should have an ACTUALLY hard time getting in: people act like walking and ducking a little bit is her downfall, while a little patience gets 300+ for every combo.

There’s lots of characters she should get outzoned and space-controlled by, in reality she doesn’t. It’s because getting in with her is not actually that challenging.

musgrave000

Cyrax on rax on rax
I play her, I call for nerfs GIIIIIIIT RRREEEEEKT

JK, but seriously though, leave her as she is, give her a considerable damage nerf. She does not need 300 dmg meterless anti airs off s1, she does not need Baraka damage. It's super easy to open people up with this character, and her damage should reflect that. There's a reason Jade doesnt hit like a truck, cause she opens you up a lot. Baraka hits like a truck because he cant hit confirm off f4 into combo and relies on HIGH attacks to do so. Liu Kang doesnt hit like a truck midscreen for the very same reason. Cancels provide her with arguably the best throw mixups in the entire game and she gets hella oki.

She's too good, plays top level footsies, has insane rushdown, has to be respected in neutral, has top 3 damage, meterless conversions through the roof. People really underestimate her neutral lul. There's a reason Dragon has stated Jacqui is a bad MU - but oh look, it's a ZONER vs JACQUI???

Take Johnny, has a good projectile (when it works LUL). But in certain matchups it's just not gonna cut it, thus requiring him to close distance traditionally. Shadow kick is a good tool in this regard, but SUPER unsafe. I have no moves that can punish them for neutral ducking since the distances I can SK from doesnt apply to f4. Jacqui on the other hand can essentially do a mixup, and the defender can just block bf2 - she's STILL safe and in your face. Plus, the krushing blow demands respect. You guys need to stop acting like this is Robin vs Deadshot.

Just nerf her damage. Jax has to spend 2 bar to get what this bitch gets off meterless anti airs. Keep everything else
A nerf to overall damage/scaling is the only nerf I could see that would actually make sense, but if it's too drastic, I think it could cripple her. Either way, it would bring her down lower to meet with the rest of the cast, but I'd prefer to buff the lesser characters.

Also, I just want to specify since the other guy brought up Injustice also...I'm in no way comparing this to Deadshot vs. Robin, or saying that IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO GET IN ON OPPONENTS. Simply saying, you can't just brush off the fact that every match you indeed have to constantly fight your way in with absolutely no ranged tools. I don't think things should be said like "It's so easy to get in on your opponent" or "It's not like it's hard to get in". Sometimes, against some players, against certain characters, it can be difficult. That's all.

DeftMonk

Noob
You want to tell me that against Skarlett (a good skarlett) it´s not hard to get in? And even when you are in she can teleport and you start from Scratch.

Nobody said it´s like injustice, they just said Jacqui has to work to get in against zoners
There are what two characters that are slightly more difficult to get in on than the rest. If I mained jaqui id probably pocket some character with a teleport for them. But let’s not sit here and pretend it takes all day to get in on someone in mk11. The drawback to this character for sure is she has no zoning tools but almost every character in this game has a weak spot.

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
A nerf to overall damage/scaling is the only nerf I could see that would actually make sense, but if it's too drastic, I think it could cripple her
They could give her 250 dmg on her regular bnb and she would still be really damn good. Thing is, there's no doubt she outshines every other rushdown oriented character as of this moment, and that's not even taking damage into account. She has solid neutral (something Jax and Liu Kang, to an extent, lack). She's also much more versatile than Kung Lao - he lives and dies by his throws whereas Jacqui is an extremely layered rushdown character. Best staggers in the game? Check, Tricky cancels? Check, Throws with insane oki? Check. On top of everything, she is super consistent - everything is straight forward, the only thing demanding execution is the third knee in Clinch, but even that's not too hard. Her air game is top tier too. She literally destroys you in two touches when she has KB in clinch ready.

You can easily justify a considerable damage nerf. She has an overhead, she has a low starter, she has plus frames, she can turn a throw escape into oki. I know the OH is not a starter, but hey it crushes low pokes, hefty advantage on hit and is just a conditioning tool very few characters have. I don't think you can actually cripple the character by taking even a considerable amount of damage away from her.

musgrave000

Cyrax on rax on rax
They could give her 250 dmg on her regular bnb and she would still be really damn good. Thing is, there's no doubt she outshines every other rushdown oriented character as of this moment, and that's not even taking damage into account. She has solid neutral (something Jax and Liu Kang, to an extent, lack). She's also much more versatile than Kung Lao - he lives and dies by his throws whereas Jacqui is an extremely layered rushdown character. Best staggers in the game? Check, Tricky cancels? Check, Throws with insane oki? Check. On top of everything, she is super consistent - everything is straight forward, the only thing demanding execution is the third knee in Clinch, but even that's not too hard. Her air game is top tier too. She literally destroys you in two touches when she has KB in clinch ready.

You can easily justify a considerable damage nerf. She has an overhead, she has a low starter, she has plus frames, she can turn a throw escape into oki. I know the OH is not a starter, but hey it crushes low pokes, hefty advantage on hit and is just a conditioning tool very few characters have. I don't think you can actually cripple the character by taking even a considerable amount of damage away from her.
Hmmm, that’s interesting. Personally, if there was a considerable damage nerf to her, then I simple wouldn’t play her anymore. If I can easily get higher damage with another character AND have more neutral tools, why would I play Jacqui? She would have only low damage pressure and nothing else.

I’m no expert and really have no idea what’s best for the community, but I’ve always been an advocate for buffing the lesser characters instead of nerf some good characters into oblivion just because they’re performing well. I’m still maining half the cast, so I’m not particularly attached to a Jacqui, but if there was a drastic damage nerf, I’d simply drop her.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
You betta Not cause trouble for sexy lips Skarlett and my 1 KO Queen!! Young Briggs has no projectile, so it's all fair. Skarlett is the Queen at mid range fighting. Let my ladies be great!

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
She has many ways to open up the opponent, Staggers, Plus Frames, OH/Low, Number of hit mix off 9f mids that advance and beat out many buttons and footsie.
Plus frames? She has plus frames off 11 and b24, which has a gap in it and some people barely use it because of his safe she is.

An overhead? What overhead? B1? Please tell me, guy who doesn't play Jacqui, what her overhead is.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
There are 10 pages of this

and the only reason it shoudl cost defensive meter is to mitigate how LONG she can stay on offense... and then just drop out of the punish combo.

That is the key here. She wont' change hardly at all... it just makes MY punish actually matter when I get it in there.

Sanjo

Noob
First, I don't think it should cost meter.
On the other hand, it could be -3 or -4, so that the opponent has the option to use a reversal throw and not be stuck with just d1.
Furthermore, I don't understand how a 10f long reaching hit confirming launching mid with mix up potential can be only -6 !? It should be -10... at least.
It's a formidable whiff punish tool as well as a very good pressure tool.

What?

You can’t merge her two variations and talk about them as if they’re one.

She doesn’t have a throw KB in her cancel variation.

Her b34 is her plus frames; with a massive gap to interrupt in between.

Her overhead (b1) is super slow and reactable and not used. Her hop attacks are better honestly.

Her projectile is not unblockable in any variation. The DOT is unblockable; as is any damage over time lol.

Please stop posting.

Jacqui’s pressure is good. It’s top tier, but it’s not broken. It is ok for characters to have strong tools, as long as those tools are compensated for with weaknesses. Jacqui has a complete and utter lack of full screen presence. In every matchup she has to work her way in. It makes sense that when she’s in, she should be threatening.

If you read the cancel full combo punish her for it. Unless the jacqui player blocks, you’re gonna hit (and if they block, you take your turn back). Go into training mode and figure it out yourself.

Essentially, get good.
Bf2, bionic hop and b22 are amongst the best anti zoning/neutral tools in this game to get in. Stop downplaying her quote on quote “lack of full screen presence” lol. Long and short bionic jump should cost 2 defensive bar btdubs. If cetrions mobility move cost 2 bars, so should hers. Just saying. This character is nuts.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Bf2, bionic hop and b22 are amongst the best anti zoning/neutral tools in this game to get in. Stop downplaying her quote on quote “lack of full screen presence” lol. Long and short bionic jump should cost 2 defensive bar btdubs. If cetrions mobility move cost 2 bars, so should hers. Just saying. This character is nuts.
Uh, no. It’s obviously because Cetrion has extremely strong zoning. If Jacqui bounces away she’s not going to do much until she’s point blank again. 2 bars for a hop would be silly.

Uh, no. It’s obviously because Cetrion has extremely strong zoning. If Jacqui bounces away she’s not going to do much until she’s point blank again. 2 bars for a hop would be silly.
Yea, and Jackie has extremely strong rush down, what’s your point? She can cancel out of hop with other specials too. Cetrion tries to get out while Jackie tries to get in. Application per character archetype is the same.

Yea, and Jackie has extremely strong rush down, what’s your point? She can cancel out of hop with other specials too. Cetrion tries to get out while Jackie tries to get in. Application per character archetype is the same.
The health nerf was a joke, I wouldn’t mind this character having so many tools if I could swat her like a fly in return.

She uses short hop all the time in pressure. She doesn’t just use it to get away.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The point is that you can fight Jacqui and she risks something to start her offense, but Cetrion was risking practically nothing against a bunch of chars to throw things and then teleport away when you finally got close enough to fight her. Thus the cost for the tele.

The point is that you can fight Jacqui and she risks something to start her offense, but Cetrion was risking practically nothing against a bunch of chars to throw things and then teleport away when you finally got close enough to fight her. Thus the cost for the tele.
cetrion still super safe though and this is why imo shes the best character in the game. insane neutral plus frames out of corner in an instant and safe as fuck.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I’m sorry to necro this thread again but I have to reply.

The original post was made in June 2019; long before her v3 was even announced. Please don’t be stupid and actually use some sense.