What's new

No Kombat Kast this week! (Kotal Kahn tease)

Lun

proud TERF!
I'll skip it as I don't need to spoil myself Kotal's gameplay.

There's only two things I wanna see before release. 1) D'vorah gameplay; 2) Shang Tsung pls!

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Kotal Kahn, D'Vorah, Cassie Cage and Erron Black were the best newcomers in my opinion and they should stick around for long.
Don't forget Takeda! There's a place on the MK roster for a true modern day ninja, and his weapons are bad-ass. And he's the only new Shirai Ryu we've ever had!

Only part about him that's a bit questionable IMO is his personality, but that could change.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
One thing which could finally let me sleep well: They will show us Kotal's customization, confirming it's him or not on the KONQUEST tab. If they don't do this, then I will still wish for my boy Rain to be secret unclockable.

Killusion

Stream addict
Great to have Kotal back!

If I had to rank the new characters MKX introduced:

Good:
D'Vorah - Bug gimmick is something that works surprisingly well in MK setting. Nice, memorable character.
Kotal Kahn - Cool personality, fighting style and looks. Instant classic.
Takeda - Absolutely the coolest Kombat Kid. His fighting style was really unique and awesome. Personality was little bland but still a great character.

Ok:
Erron Black - Cowboys are always cool. He ended up being little bland IMO, hopefully he has more personality in MK11.
Jacqui - I might be in the minority here, but I liked Jacqui a lot! Cool weapons and decent personality (mostly displayed through her animations during fights, that back walk was 10/10). I'm pretty sure she's going to be even cooler in MK11.

Bad:
Cassie - Hated her in MKX. Personality was ok but her looks and fighting style were super boring to me. She seems to be great in MK11 though.
Ferra/Torr - Would have been cooler if it was only Torr IMO. I hate little kid characters like Ferra.
Kung Jin - Usually I'm a big fan of archers. I didn't like how Kung Jin used his staff probably more than his Bow in fights. He also had super unlikable attitude. Hopefully he gets redesigned at some point.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
You’ve got to be kidding me. The worst character hands down. Along with D’Vorah , Erron and Kotal Kahn.
Tbh every newcomer except Takeda and Cassie was shit, but Ferra/Torr takes the cake
Shut up human lover, nobody wants to think like you. Ugh. lol

D'Vorah, Kotal, Erron and Ferra were the best things that ever happened to Mortal Kombat, and I'm sure Cetrion and the Kollector join that list soon.

Spare for Kung Jin (hate the name though) and Takeda, the girl SPecial Forces kids sucked as newcomers for me... I still would have rather seen those weapons of Takeda on Mavado or a villain, they don't suit a hero.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
I'll also give my opinion on new characters from MKX (not counting this piece of crap named Triborg and Tremor which is technically not new at all)

Great:
D'Vorah - design-wise: original as hell and really fitting MK world. Plot-wise: responsible for the biggest twist in the story and most memorable killings. Overall: badass, grose and great. We need more of her!
Kotal Kahn - great design, cool backstory showed in the comics. He spreads the feeling that he is someone more than just and antagonist, and can become more like an anti-hero moving forward.
Erron Black - cool design, even if he is ONLY human, he is not bland and he covers cool archtype. Should have been more explored in the story, but maybe this time it will work better. If NRS really want to create more human characters, that's the path they should follow.

OK:
Cassie - I can't say I dislike her, eventhough I still don't get how she can beat Shinnok in his supersayian form. It's just too many Cages in one game. But she was well received, so I don't mind having her in MK11.
Takeda - when I saw the comics, I though that he would be main protagonist. Turned out other way, but still he has a good potential to be explored, cool backstory and I have hope that he will look less like generic SF character and more like ninja
Ferra/Torr - great idea, but potential a bit wasted. First of all, I can't remember any significance in the story. Secondly, personality was kinda weird. Maybe we should have seen more of their breed to get into they're story more. Well, maybe in future games, but I'm afraid that NRS gave up on them which would hurt me.

Bad:
Kung Jin - terrible name, terrible personality and mostly remembered by me from defeating Kotal. The thing that should not happen like EVER in MK Universe.
Jacqui - biggest NRS mistake IMO. Bland, boring without anything that can really save her. Let's not pay attention to the online stats, because they say shit. She was super annoying with her full-auto, therefore she was widely played - that's the whole story. Hoped not having her (and her dad) in next game, but seems that I need to live with that.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Since their isn't going to be a Kast this week, or possibly even a reveal, I think it'd be nice if we got Jade and Kabal in the Stress Test. Out of all the characters who have had Kast breakdowns, we've seen the least from them. It'd be nice to digest some new intros, win poses and combos from them while waiting for Kotal

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
Since their isn't going to be a Kast this week, or possibly even a reveal, I think it'd be nice if we got Jade and Kabal in the Stress Test. Out of all the characters who have had Kast breakdowns, we've seen the least from them. It'd be nice to digest some new intros, win poses and combos from them while waiting for Kotal
We likely getting kabal for the beta (Which im all for, really do want to lab him)

Not sure about Jade, hope they bring her in, along with JC, then you have a very diverse beta roster, as they all are quite different in base move sets.

Kratilim

Noob
I'm actually expecting the stress test to be part of the initial reveal roster. IE. Scorp, Subs, Geras and Sonya.

But it would be nice to get a gameplay vid this week, Erron Black perhaps?

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Looks like Rain to me!

:DOGE
Is the joke that this picture is CLEARLY Kotal and youre sarcastically saying its Rain? Cause wtf is that even? These jokes being made on Kotals threads are just blatant disrespect to the people making these very valid speculations and enjoying themselves pre-release. This is condescending and elitist and I cant see why only people who directly insult or swear are taken action against. This is provocative enough to be uncalled for.

The picture people say is Rain, DOES appear to be Rain from my perspective. This looks nothing like that. Same goes fro the Liu model. People STILL making this joke are cucks, its clear we were correct whether Rain is playable or not. Kotal will not be wearing purple outside of shader options and hes confirmed not 1 foot shorter with a new face and Liu Kang gear. Keep your attemtps at sarcasm to yourself and stay in that cramped, pathetic, unfunny lane of yours.

And to stay on topic:
ON YOUR KNEES.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Is the joke that this picture is CLEARLY Kotal and youre sarcastically saying its Rain? Cause wtf is that even? These jokes being made on Kotals threads are just blatant disrespect to the people making these very valid speculations and enjoying themselves pre-release. This is condescending and elitist and I cant see why only people who directly insult or swear are taken action against. This is provocative enough to be uncalled for.

The picture people say is Rain, DOES appear to be Rain from my perspective. This looks nothing like that. Same goes fro the Liu model. People STILL making this joke are cucks, its clear we were correct whether Rain is playable or not. Kotal will not be wearing purple outside of shader options and hes confirmed not 1 foot shorter with a new face and Liu Kang gear. Keep your attemtps at sarcasm to yourself and stay in that cramped, pathetic, unfunny lane of yours.

And to stay on topic:
ON YOUR KNEES.
It's obviously Kotal. There's some maniac on here who is claiming the Konquest pic (which is clearly Rain) is actually Kotal. I was referencing that, because it's completely and utterly absurd to look at that pic and see Kotal.

projectzero00

nomnomnom
I don't know what they're doing with such little time before release. I feel like I have barely seen anything and they decide to not have a Kombat Kast? Hell they haven't even been that interesting or full of info like MKX!

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
It's obviously Kotal. There's some maniac on here who is claiming the Konquest pic (which is clearly Rain) is actually Kotal. I was referencing that, because it's completely and utterly absurd to look at that pic and see Kotal.
I really don't know what this guy is on about, I see Mileena.

MK Led

Umbasa
Ferra Torr was by far my favorite newcomer. I was disappointed to see how poorly they were received though
Totally agree with you there, I though they were fantastic mk characters and super unique in the overall pantheon of mk haha.

They better play the pillar men theme in the trailer.
brb naming one of my Kotal variations after the pillar men and the game ain’t even out yet.