What's new

No Injustice/MvC3 tourney at NLBC due to low entrants - first time ever

I loved and MK and I love Injustice! I support Injustice and even SSFIV every Sat. at my local tournament. Most if not all fighting games have broken things, it's just up to the players to keep it alive and make it enjoyable by supporting it with a positive attitude no matter what. Hey maybe some players just dont like Injustice because they aren't as good at is as they are MK. ;)

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I would love to go to the break on a weekend event. The last time I went there was back at one of the last ECC tournaments. The only way I can practically go to any of these outside of LI events nowadays is if they are on the weekend.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Man I wish I lived somewhere where a local scene could work. As it is, I think maybe 5 people in my entire county play IGAU, and I just can't justify driving all the way into the city for GGA when I have class tomorrow morning:(

As for nlbc, I'm gonna chalk this one up as a fluke until these numbers are proven by replication. Here's hoping it was just an off week.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
But MK has been out for about 2.5 years, while Injustice has only been out for almost half a year.

I think a lot of people don't really like the game too much, but since NRS made it, we try and support it. As expected around this time of the game's life span, people are slowly dropping it, while there are some who are 100% committed to it and actually like the game.
Their lack of passion comes down to them. ST lasted fifteen years. MvC2 lasted for ten. SSBM is going on twelve. SF4 is in its fourth year. Don't give me "it's been out so long!"

Lol you can dash and block though which makes up for the slow walk speed don't even go there. It's easier to get around zoning in mk fact, it's easier to whiff punish in mk fact, it's easier to corner your opponent in mk fact. Lol 80% of this community just don't get it.
So basically Injustice is too difficult for you to play?

Dark_Rob

Noob
I had a similar experience with VSM. After I started going there regularly, my skill jumped tremendously. My major tourny record, in order, is 0-2, 1-2, 2-2 and Lastly 3-2. #progress
Haha, yea I remember when you first started coming to VSM. You were pretty terrible at first but you kept coming and kept playing and you started getting better and better. That happened for a lot of people I think that got their start at VSM.
I miss VSM now that its gone. Not in the I wish we could bring it back or I wish I could go back in time and do it again kind of way, because Im not one to dwell on what might have been and Im not one to live in the past. More like, it brings a smile to my face when I remember it way of missing it.

Theres a lesson to be learned I feel from the demise of VSM. And that is, you never miss something until you don't have it anymore. If people want to see Injustice continue at places like The Break and Next Level, if they want to continue to see tournaments from hardworking TO's like Shock, Rapzilla and Swift Tom Hanks the best way to show your support is to go to these events and support the game now, while they are here, before they aren't here anymore.

Now Im not really into Injustice myself so it doesn't really matter one way or the other to me, but Ive been where these guys are at with Injustice myself with MK9 and VSM. When the players stop coming its time to pack it in and close up shop. So make the effort now Injustice players while you can, because 6 months from now these places might not have Injustice as an option anymore if they cant get turnouts back up between now and then.

I play the game usually online when I have the chance. I have a ton of other things I would rather do than travel for Injustice. Not trying to take shots at the game or trash it, just being honest. I don't have the passion for this sort of thing like I once used to. MK10 will hopefully bring it back.
Why are you hoping for MK10 when MK9 got stale for you after a year and you now don't seem to care to much for Injustice? It doesnt seem like your passion for nrs games last for more than a year? Just being honest. Capcom games last for years because their players support and love their games even when they have broken things. Us players that slightly prefer nrs games need to support our games. NRS has been very good to us and I feel like we are unappreciative and want a new game every year.

REO

Undead
Why are you hoping for MK10 when MK9 got stale for you after a year and you now don't seem to care to much for Injustice? It doesnt seem like your passion for nrs games last for more than a year? Just being honest. Capcom games last for years because their players support and love their games even when they have broken things. Us players that slightly prefer nrs games need to support our games. NRS has been very good to us and I feel like we are unappreciative and want a new game every year.

Because a one character game is boring and incredibly stale to me. Sorry, I don't have as much fun playing Kabal Kombat 9 anymore like I did the first year. I play other more enjoyable MK games on the side. But most of you wouldn't know that because apparently the gospel around here is MK9 and every other MK game is shit. Go figure.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Don't forget the most important part of what you quoted -- REO has to deal with real life. There's more to it than video games.

I completely understand where he's coming from; it's not a dig at the game, it's priorities. Everyone has their own choices to make.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
dude superman lex.. enough said i swear people pretend like mu's in this game arent as fucked up. imo this game is even morre mu dependent than mk
Pre-patch Injustice was very MU dependent, but with this new patch a LOT of bad MUs in this game either got better or became even.

At the end of MK9 there were a ton of 7-3s and quite a few 8-2s and 9-1s. They are not comparable in their current state, balance wise at least.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Pre-patch Injustice was very MU dependent, but with this new patch a LOT of bad MUs in this game either got better or became even.

At the end of MK9 there were a ton of 7-3s and quite a few 8-2s and 9-1s. They are not comparable in their current state, balance wise at least.
I still think we have to wait to see how the patch plays out.. well see in the future hopefully youre right. still imo the fun factor is heavily in mk's favor.. there is hardly any hype in this game