What's new

Match-up Discussion NKZero's Sektor MU Chart (NEW!)

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
sorry pero no me gusta eso solo se lo digo para que revise bien esos matches y los pueda arreglar!!!
Los ayudara si pusieras tus numeros para que tengamos una discusion.
It would help if you put your numbers so we kould have a discussion.

gross

Noob
My numeros sobre los matches de sektor:(W) is win (L) is loss and (T) is table

Baraka: 6-4 (W)
Cyber Sub Zero: 6-4 (W)
Cyrax: 6-4 (W)
Ermac: 6-4 (W)
Freddy: 4-6 (L)
Jade: 5-5 (T)
Jax: 6-4 (W)
Johnny Cage: 7-3 (W)
Kabal: 4-6 (L)
Kano: 7-3 (W)
Kenshi: 4-6 (L)
Kitana: 5-5 (T)
Kung Lao: 6-4 (W)
Liu Kang: 4-6 (L)
Mileena: 5-5 (T)
Nightwolf: 6-4 (W)
Noob Saibot: 5-5 (T)
Quan Chi: 6-4 (W)
Raiden: 7-3 (W)
Rain: 6-4 (W)
Reptile: 5-5 (T)
Scorpion: 6-4 (W)
Shang Tsung: 5-5 (T)
Sheeva: 6-4 (W)
Sindel: 6-4 (W)
Skarlet: 5-5 (T)
Smoke: 6-4 (W)
Sonya: 5-5 (T)
Stryker: 5-5 (T)
Sub Zero: 6-4 (W)

NKZero

Noob
NKZero
Sektor - Scorpion: 6-4? Explain
Red Reaper made some good points but let me put some down too.

Scorpion has a high-ish hit-box meaning that Sektor has access to some tools up close that would always whiff on low hit-box characters. Also with Scorpion having crappy pokes to escape pressure in addition to lack of safe armour, his only viable option if he is struggling to poke out is to use meter for EX take down. EX spear is risky and you could eat big damage for it.

Scorpion can be punished anywhere on the screen for whiffing a spear or hell fire by iaTU. Even a blocked spear from further distances is easily punished. I know that many characters can do likewise but not with the same amount of ease or even damage that they can capitalise with. Sektor's up missile set-ups work well against Scorpion because his wake-ups are nothing to ride home about. He can use them to sustain pressure. Not to mention as well that Sektor has better footsie tools.

On the other hand, Sektor has no real way of punishing a well spaced B2 on block so as long as it is spaced out correctly Scorpion players can really take advantage of this. Also Sektor cannot zone comfortably in this MU because Scorpion either has teleport or he can trade with EX spear which helps Scorpion.

I feel if Scorpion has a chance in this MU he needs meter and he needs to get lucky on the 50/50 mix-up. When Slips played iKiZZLe he just made the right guesses and that's how he won. He played a very good footsie game as well but as Reaper said, the risk-reward very much suits Sektor so I give the slight advantage to him.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!

Sektor es victorioso contra Smoke? Por que cree usted que esta en tu opinion? Y por que Sektor / Johnny Cage 7-3 para Sektor? Esta lista es muy optimista jaja

That seems about right.

Fairly large hitbox. So B3 4 pressure isn't too hard to establish.
Slow normals 12 frame jab is the same start up as B3 4.
Bad pokes, making poke pressure more viable.
Jumping back to bait Spear kould work since it's highly wiff punishable.
Even though Scorpion has armor the risk/reward is skewed more toward Sektor's Favor.
Red Reaper made some good points but let me put some down too.

Scorpion has a high-ish hit-box meaning that Sektor has access to some tools up close that would always whiff on low hit-box characters. Also with Scorpion having crappy pokes to escape pressure in addition to lack of safe armour, his only viable option if he is struggling to poke out is to use meter for EX take down. EX spear is risky and you could eat big damage for it.

Scorpion can be punished anywhere on the screen for whiffing a spear or hell fire by iaTU. Even a blocked spear from further distances is easily punished. I know that many characters can do likewise but not with the same amount of ease or even damage that they can capitalise with. Sektor's up missile set-ups work well against Scorpion because his wake-ups are nothing to ride home about. He can use them to sustain pressure. Not to mention as well that Sektor has better footsie tools.

On the other hand, Sektor has no real way of punishing a well spaced B2 on block so as long as it is spaced out correctly Scorpion players can really take advantage of this. Also Sektor cannot zone comfortably in this MU because Scorpion either has teleport or he can trade with EX spear which helps Scorpion.

I feel if Scorpion has a chance in this MU he needs meter and he needs to get lucky on the 50/50 mix-up. When Slips played iKiZZLe he just made the right guesses and that's how he won. He played a very good footsie game as well but as Reaper said, the risk-reward very much suits Sektor so I give the slight advantage to him.
- B3 4 hits everyone except characters with a notoriously low hitbox so I don't know why this would become any more of an advantage
- his standing 3 is 10 frames but since when was 12 frames slow anyway?
- you say his bad pokes make Sektor's pressure better as if Scorp players actually use D3 lol
- Why are people under the impression that Scorp players just chuck out spears for the hell of it, if they're doing it from midscreen they're obviously looking to stuff something.
- 30% vs 35%, Scorp has to respect more damaging punishes in other matchups that are 5-5.

This all just sounds like a colossal lack of MU exp.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
- B3 4 hits everyone except characters with a notoriously low hitbox so I don't know why this would become any more of an advantage
- you say his bad pokes make Sektor's pressure better as if Scorp players actually use D3 lol
- Why are people under the impression that Scorp players just chuck out spears for the hell of it, if they're doing it from midscreen they're obviously looking to stuff something.
- 30% vs 35%, Scorp has to respect more damaging punishes in other matchups that are 5-5.

-B3 4 wiffs depending on the spacing for a lot of characters. Some are harder than others. For Example. Johnny Cage is one of the most difficult characters to have both hits connect but it's still possible. While Liu Kang doesn't require much thought.
-12 Frames is pretty slow in closer ranges. 10 makes things better for him though. His kicks aren't as good for pressure though as I'm pretty sure they leave him minus on block.
-If they don't or kan't poke out then it allows for more options. D1 normally leaves you at much greater minus frames than a D3 does on block which thus limits the player further. Being limited to D1's and having a larger than average hitbox makes it much easier to get pressure in against him.
-I'm not under that impression. I'm just saying, that it further limits his options. Random EX Spears to keep me in check are limited even further. This isn't really my biggest point. You kan just forget about it actually.
-Sektor kan do 40% meterless or do less to go for a Set Up.

NKZero
You made good points, but a lot of them are moot. First of all, Scorpion doesn't really need armor in this MU. The only situation he would need it is to blow up straight missile. However, a good Sektor wouldn't try to zone Scorp because he has the zoning advantage. Secondly, Sektor's pressure isn't hard to escape. Overall Scorpion's d3 is his only bad poke, and that's only because of the range. His d1 is one of the best in the game. His d4 is a great spacing tool, and even though it's +0 on hit, there's a way to still get pressure. I can get out of Kabal's NDCs with d1, so there's nothing Sektor has to pressure him that hard.

Whiffed spear gets punished by the whole cast.

Scorpion has no trouble building meter in this MU. Sektor can never wakeup safely against Scorpion. Both versions of flamethrower can spear punishable on block/whiff. Tele Uppercut is easily punished, and the enhanced version is also punishable.

Plenty of Scorp's 5-5 MU are against characters that have better footsies tools like Raiden, but every advantage is also a disadvantage.

This MU is dead even.

NKZero

Noob
NKZero
You made good points, but a lot of them are moot. First of all, Scorpion doesn't really need armor in this MU. The only situation he would need it is to blow up straight missile. However, a good Sektor wouldn't try to zone Scorp because he has the zoning advantage. Secondly, Sektor's pressure isn't hard to escape. Overall Scorpion's d3 is his only bad poke, and that's only because of the range. His d1 is one of the best in the game. His d4 is a great spacing tool, and even though it's +0 on hit, there's a way to still get pressure. I can get out of Kabal's NDCs with d1, so there's nothing Sektor has to pressure him that hard.

Whiffed spear gets punished by the whole cast.

Scorpion has no trouble building meter in this MU. Sektor can never wakeup safely against Scorpion. Both versions of flamethrower can spear punishable on block/whiff. Tele Uppercut is easily punished, and the enhanced version is also punishable.

Plenty of Scorp's 5-5 MU are against characters that have better footsies tools like Raiden, but every advantage is also a disadvantage.

This MU is dead even.
Having a shitty D3 is a big deal against a character that can rush you down, and in this instance because of Scorpion's hit-box, Sektor can play the role of a rushdown character. The fact that standing 1 nearly always connects on a crouch-blocking Scorpion is a big deal since it's a safe 6 frame jab which can be looped or mixed it 12 etc. D1 is good and all but you can't reverse the roles if D1 hits. D3's normally allow you to counter and start your own offense but Scorpion can't do that. Forget the range of D3, the frame advantage is shitty as well. As for D4, it's disadvantage on block and Sektor can freely approach again with F2, or he can use B1, or B21 to get in Scorpion's grill again. Not to mention B34 always connects on Scorpion in crouch block.

Yes flame burner can be punished and obviously TU is punishable but how d'you punish the EX version? The best thing you could get out of it is forcing me to respect the fact that I'm at -7 and you can try and sneak in a 50/50 mix-up. To be honest Sektor's shitty wake-up game and the fact he loses the zoning battle/cannot zone consistently anyways is the only thing that makes this MU 6-4...it could be worse.

NKZero

Noob
Sektor es victorioso contra Smoke? Por que cree usted que esta en tu opinion? Y por que Sektor / Johnny Cage 7-3 para Sektor? Esta lista es muy optimista jaja

LBSH....a safe Scorpion isn't getting anything done and the fact that a risky Scorpion is easily blown up or put under immense pressure by Sektor makes it worse. Scorpion has crappy defensive options and his hit-box allows Sektor to rush him down. If you have a high hit-box versus Sektor life can be tricky. D1 is ok but still means you are on the defensive, D3 is shit so what else d'you have? You have to burn meter in the form of EX takedown.

As Reaper said, B34 doesn't always work but against Scorpion it's always guaranteed. That is a big deal because you can't just think of whiff punishing or poking out of B34. I can B3 stagger or if I release the 4 I know it'll hit. Plus Sektor gets 35% or so into up missile pressure which Scorpion can do precious little to escape, especially if Sektor is willing to burn another bar for guaranteed pressure by using a homing missile rather than a standard up missile.

NKZero I have a video I can upload if you want to see how Scorp punishes En Telecut:D.

His d4 is neutral on hit and block.

LBSH, the only characters that can go berserk on Scorp are Cage and Kabal. Every other character is manageable.

NKZero

Noob
NKZero I have a video I can upload if you want to see how Scorp punishes En Telecut:D.

His d4 is neutral on hit and block.

LBSH, the only characters that can go berserk on Scorp are Cage and Kabal. Every other character is manageable.
What? I swear his D4 is like -12 on block?

Anyways, yeah I'd be really intrigued about the EX TU punish. I'm guessing it's strict timing D1-teleport am I right? Also 6-4 man it's not bad at all. Definitely manageable. Maybe from a Scorpion players' perspective you can ask MIT about this MU too.

What? I swear his D4 is like -12 on block?

Anyways, yeah I'd be really intrigued about the EX TU punish. I'm guessing it's strict timing D1-teleport am I right? Also 6-4 man it's not bad at all. Definitely manageable. Maybe from a Scorpion players' perspective you can ask MIT about this MU too.
nope!
d1 - +1|-12
d3 - -7|-7
d4 - 0|0

That works, but nope it's waaaaaaaay easier than that.

I know lol. His only 6-4 that's hard is Kitana. It's practically a 7-3

NKZero

Noob
nope!
d1 - +1|-12
d3 - -7|-7
d4 - 0|0

That works, but nope it's waaaaaaaay easier than that.

I know lol. his only 6-4 that's hard is Kitana. It's practically a 7-3
Yeah no kidding I just checked his frame data. The Scorpion's I play always freeze after D4 on block as if it's -1000 lol. Alright so scrap that point out I made earlier about D4, but I'll add a new one :). Scorp is fucked in the corner!

Bring out the video man I really wanna see it.

LEGEND

YES!

as ridiculous as your chart is, i would still like to hear why you think Liu beats Sektor

and what Cages have you played to make you think its in Sektors favor by 7-3?

NKZero

Noob
NKZero

Scorpion actually has enough time to whiff standing 1 then dash forward. Like I said earlier, any advantage can be turned into a disadvantage.
Very good stuff man. To be honest though I thought you meant punish it on block which is pretty fucking hard if not impossible. But yeah if you can bait it out it's a very useful whiff punish.

In that sense Sektor has two options.

Flame burner: Scorpion can stay out of range and get a spear punish OR if he anticipates EX TU on wake-up instead he stays in range of flame burner and Sektor is safe.

EX TU: Scorpion can try and cross Sektor over in anticipation of flame burner and get blown up by EX TU or he can expect it and whiff punish as you have just shown.

I think it's impossible on block lol.

This works everywhere on the screen. The only time it doesn't work is if Sektor is in the corner, and Scorpion is right in front of him.

I made this up while I was working on Scorpion's throw 50/50. The only way the dodge the hellfire is to wakeup with Telecut or En Telecut. I like to maximize damage lol.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I think it's impossible on block lol.

This works everywhere on the screen. The only time it doesn't work is if Sektor is in the corner, and Scorpion is right in front of him.

I made this up while I was working on Scorpion's throw 50/50. The only way the dodge the hellfire is to wakeup with Telecut or En Telecut. I like to maximize damage lol.
It might be possible. Ex Teleport is -6.

ryublaze

Noob
I don't think it's possible cuz I think he lands before you can d1 tele him. Either that or I wasn't just framing it. If it is punishable then only P1 can do it.