What's new

Match-up Discussion NKZero's Sektor MU Chart (NEW!)

LEGEND

YES!
this is the most amount of action this forum has got in quite awhile, and of course it comes off a MU Chart >_<

Well here's mine:
Baraka: 6-4
Cyber Sub Zero: 6-4
Cyrax: 5-5 (Cyrax has ways of pressuring Sektor and Nets n bombs as footsie tools can't be iATUed)
Ermac: 5-5
Freddy: 5-5 (Human)
Jade: 5-5
Jax: 6-4
Johnny Cage: 5-5 (possibly 4-6)
Kabal: 4-6
Kano: 6-4
Kenshi: 3-7 (Not unwinnable but still a huge pain in the ass.)
Kitana: 5-5
Kung Lao: 6-4
Liu Kang: 5-5 (possibly 6-4. Went slightly better than even with Xblades in a long Session.)
Mileena: 3-7 or 2-8 (without a doubt Sektor's worst MU)
Nightwolf: 6-4
Noob Saibot: 7-3
Quan Chi: 6-4
Raiden: 5-5
Rain: 5-5
Reptile: 5-5
Scorpion: 5-5
Shang Tsung: 4-6
Sheeva: 8-2
Sindel: 5-5
Skarlet: 5-5
Smoke: 4-6
Sonya: 3-7
Stryker: 6-4
Sub Zero: 6-4

NKZero

Noob
BillStickers Jade limits or nullify the three areas where Sektor is strong: a) zoning b) footsies (especially the range of some normals) c) up missile and general wake-up set-ups.

Obviously Sektor cannot zone because of Jade's glow and anytime he uses a missile for set-ups it is completely negated by glow. His best move arguably (the homing missile) is thus rendered useless. So glow eliminates zoning and the up missile set-ups.

Now with the footsies, Jade has some very long reaching normals with the use of her staff and she actually out-reaches Sektor. So the only way in reality that Sektor can win this match is by capitalising on her mistakes by punishing with big damage (and finishing the combos with flame burner or TU).

Jade can also EX glow through a lot of Sektor's shit. Check out Mafia's new video and look at the Sektor part.

Now for Sektor, he has the damage output advantage and better low pokes as well as faster normals. Once he gets in he can give her a hard time, but even he cannot really pressure her because she has a low hit-box. This game is very footsie heavy and while Jade has more range on her pokes, Sektor's are quicker and more abusable. If Jade whiffs she can get punished big time.

Solid 5-5 imo.

Espio

Kokomo
lol fair enough. STB Espio can you weigh in on this one?
Sektor doesn't hinder anything Jade is actually good at, she outranges him and her footsies keep up with his nicely, coupled with the fact that flash is a good counter to Sektor's projectiles and can negate ex homing missle set ups as well.

This match up comes down to solid footsies and spacing.

This is a solid 5-5 in my opinion.

Also, NKZero made a lot of really good points too.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
b1? f2? b34? iatu?
B1? That's not a mobile move.
F2? Not quite.
B3, 4? You have to get the 2nd attack out if you can. That is if you can tolerate the 38 frames it takes for 4 to come out.
iaTU? Block kills this. You don't throw this out randomly or you die. Plain and simple.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
B1? That's not a mobile move.
F2? Not quite.
B3, 4? You have to get the 2nd attack out if you can. That is if you can tolerate the 38 frames it takes for 4 to come out.
iaTU? Block kills this. You don't throw this out randomly or you die. Plain and simple.
I think you might just be a party pooper.

For what my opinion is worth ( which likely isn't much), I think Sektor-Jade is probably 5-5, maybe 6-4 (I would say 5.5-4.5, but I guess we don't use decimals anymore).

Jade negates Sektor's long range tools, yes, but I don't think she wants to exactly be close either. Her normals are of average speed mostly and are mostly neutral on block, which is good for most characters but with Sektor you must always be mindful of the 6 frame jab, which can lead to 40%+ damage. Jade's also one of the characters who can get hit by 1 ducking and blocking and doesn't need buffering on b34, though she's no where near as bad off as Kenshi.

Which brings me to my second point; meter. Because Sektor doesn't need meter for zoning, he can save it all for EXTUs a breaker, which means that when Jade does catch him, he'll likely just break and still be able to put the hurt on her, because Jade needs meter to mount an offense.

I'd love to run some games with STB Espio once me Ethernet cables come in, but right now I feel like Sektor has a (slight) advantage.

Espio

Kokomo
For what my opinion is worth ( which likely isn't much), I think Sektor-Jade is probably 5-5, maybe 6-4 (I would say 5.5-4.5, but I guess we don't use decimals anymore).

Jade negates Sektor's long range tools, yes, but I don't think she wants to exactly be close either. Her normals are of average speed mostly and are mostly neutral on block, which is good for most characters but with Sektor you must always be mindful of the 6 frame jab, which can lead to 40%+ damage.

Which brings me to my second point; meter. Because Sektor doesn't need meter for zoning, he can save it all for EXTUs a breaker, which means that when Jade does catch him, he'll likely just break and still be able to put the hurt on her, because Jade needs meter to mount an offense.

I'd love to run some games with STB Espio once me Ethernet cables come in, but right now I feel like Sektor has a (slight) advantage.
I'd love to my good sir :).

I feel confident in this match up with Jade. Sektor's jab makes everyone play a lot smarter as it's one of the fastest punishes in the game, I'm not ruling anything out, but I do like Jade a lot in this match up.

I don't feel meter is required to launch offense with Jade, although it helps her a lot, this is all just my opinion though obviously.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Smoke really feels like a 5-5 match up. He kan't do much if you're patient. Even at the ranges where Smoke Bomb kan't be punished by full kombo you still get pressure since he's -9. If the Jab reaches you kan do 1 ~ Flamethrower for 10% like you kan against Stryker's roll.

NKZero I don't agree with the Smoke number.. Why do you feel the match-up is in his favour? if it's because of smoke bomb then what about Rains lightening? Why does it affect that match? and I don't even think that is a "problem".
Rain's Lightning kan be punished with iatp on block FROM FULLSCREEN.. Does that sound the same as Smoke bomb? Not to mention it komes from above, not from the ground. Sektor's teleport has to go down into the ground and that's part of the reason why Smoke bomb stuffs it.

BillStickersNow for Sektor, he has the damage output advantage and better low pokes as well as faster normals. Once he gets in he can give her a hard time, but even he cannot really pressure her because she has a low hit-box. This game is very footsie heavy and while Jade has more range on her pokes, Sektor's are quicker and more abusable. If Jade whiffs she can get punished big time.
Agree with everything except for the idea that she has a low hit box.. She has a fairly large hitbox. Smaller than big ones like Liu Kang but only by a little bit. It's on par with Sindel and Cyber Sub..

Another thing to note EX glow allows her to get pressure and if timed correctly even a full kombo.

NKZero

Noob
Smoke really feels like a 5-5 match up. He kan't do much if you're patient. Even at the ranges where Smoke Bomb kan't be punished by full kombo you still get pressure since he's -7. If the Jab reaches you kan do 1 ~ Flamethrower for 10% like you kan against Stryker's roll.

Rain's Lightning kan be punished with iatp on block FROM FULLSCREEN.. Does that sound the same as Smoke bomb? Not to mention it komes from above, not from the ground. Sektor's teleport has to go down into the ground and that's part of the reason why Smoke bomb stuffs it.

Agree with everything except for the idea that she has a low hit box.. She has a fairly large hitbox. Smaller than big ones like Liu Kang but only by a little bit. It's on par with Sindel and Cyber Sub..

Another thing to note EX glow allows her to get pressure and if timed correctly even a full kombo.
Fair enough I thought it was quite low just didn't know what works or not. I use Sub in this match :). Thanks tho...

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Fair enough I thought it was quite low just didn't know what works or not. I use Sub in this match :). Thanks tho...
I actually looked into every character's hitbox at one point and it really helps to know how to pressure them and see how hard it is to space B3 4.

NKZero

Noob
I actually looked into every character's hitbox at one point and it really helps to know how to pressure them and see how hard it is to space B3 4.
Yeah true. I've learnt to get the right spacing for B34 almost every time now especially against characters with low hitboxes. Well Romeo made that thread about Sektor's strings vs hitboxes of all characters so that was useful.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Yeah true. I've learnt to get the right spacing for B34 almost every time now especially against characters with low hitboxes. Well Romeo made that thread about Sektor's strings vs hitboxes of all characters so that was useful.
Against Whatshername I once got both B3 and 4 to hit on block and I've been meaning to check into that.. I'm thinking it might be a stance specific thing... (combined with good spacing of course.)

Romeo's thread was really good. It's really an essential thing for Sektor. I was thinking of adding to that but have been lazy about it.

NKZero

Noob
Against Whatshername I once got both B3 and 4 to hit on block and I've been meaning to check into that.. I'm thinking it might be a stance specific thing... (combined with good spacing of course.)

Romeo's thread was really good. It's really an essential thing for Sektor. I was thinking of adding to that but have been lazy about it.
It isn't stance specific. A blocked D3 puts you in perfect range. Also a blocked B3 does likewise as well as other scenarios I cannot remember. I think F2 works if its in the corner or something. I have this in my guide.

CYracks

Command Grabber
Is it true that Freddy can't spike under Sektor's straight missile? That's a big game changer.

NKZero

Noob
Is it true that Freddy can't spike under Sektor's straight missile? That's a big game changer.
Well it only applies to Human Sektor and that's why that MU is 5-5. As for Robot Sektor the straight missile thing doesn't work and he loses 4-6. It's a pretty big deal but Freddy still out zones Sektor and the primary purpose of the hell spikes in this MU is to eliminate Sektor's TU.

It isn't stance specific. A blocked D3 puts you in perfect range. Also a blocked B3 does likewise as well as other scenarios I cannot remember. I think F2 works if its in the corner or something. I have this in my guide.
It's not stance specific no, but it is character specific. With some characters, a blocked d3 will work while others it's a blocked b3. I couldn't tell you who's what though.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Well I've decided to renew the discussion really and maybe make a few amendments to the old chart. But instead of updating that one I thought we'd start afresh. You know the drill, discuss the MU's and if you have any objections to any no's just state what you think they should be and why. It would be nice to get some Sektor discussion going.

Baraka: 6-4 (5-5)
Cyber Sub Zero: 6-4 (4-6)
Cyrax: 6-4 (5-5)
Ermac: 5-5
Freddy: 4-6
Jade: 5-5
Jax: 5-5
Johnny Cage: 5-5
Kabal: 4-6
Kano: 6-4
Kenshi: 4-6 (5-5)
Kitana: 5-5
Kung Lao: 5-5 (6-4)
Liu Kang: 5-5
Mileena: 4-6 (3-7)
Nightwolf: 5-5
Noob Saibot: 7-3
Quan Chi: 6-4
Raiden: 5-5
Rain: 5-5 (7-3)
Reptile: 5-5
Scorpion: 6-4 (5-5)
Shang Tsung: 4-6
Sheeva: 8-2
Sindel: 5-5
Skarlet: 4-6
Smoke: 3-7 (4-6)
Sonya: 4-6 (3-7)
Stryker: 5-5
Sub Zero: 5-5
I'll chit chat about any match ups that I put in quotes if you want.