What's new

Match-up Discussion NKZero's Sektor MU Chart (NEW!)

NKZero

Noob
Well I've decided to renew the discussion really and maybe make a few amendments to the old chart. But instead of updating that one I thought we'd start afresh. You know the drill, discuss the MU's and if you have any objections to any no's just state what you think they should be and why. It would be nice to get some Sektor discussion going.

Baraka: 6-4
Cyber Sub Zero: 6-4
Cyrax: 5-5
Ermac: 5-5
Freddy: 4-6
Jade: 5-5
Jax: 6-4
Johnny Cage: 4-6
Kabal: 4-6
Kano: 6-4
Kenshi: 4-6
Kitana: 5-5
Kung Lao: 5-5
Liu Kang: 5-5
Mileena: 4-6
Nightwolf: 5-5
Noob Saibot: 7-3
Quan Chi: 6-4
Raiden: 5-5
Rain: 6-4
Reptile: 5-5
Scorpion: 6-4
Shang Tsung: 4-6
Sheeva: 8-2
Sindel: 5-5
Skarlet: 4-6
Smoke: 3-7
Sonya: 3-7
Stryker: 5-5
Sub Zero: 5-5

TOTAL: 151

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
I'll chime in on my MU chart.

Cyrax: 5-5 LBSH, There is no downplaying Cyrax in any matchup chart.
Ermac: 5-5 If Ermac's specials weren't as punishable as they are, it would be a 4-6 or even a 3-7.
Freddy: 4-6 I thought this was once a 5-5, but slowly I realized that if Shang is a 4-6, then this can't be a 5-5.
Jax: 5-5
Kabal: 3-7 Not being able to Tele-cut buzzsaw hurts in this MU.
Kenshi: 2-8 The worst MU. Beyond fucking stupid.
Kitana: 4-6 I'll just say this. Don't get cornered. Ever.
Liu Kang: 4-6
Mileena: 5-5 Life lead battle. His punishes hit so much harder than Mileena.
Noob Saibot: 6-4
Quan Chi: 5-5
Rain: 5-5
Reptile: 4-6
Scorpion: 5-5
Sheeva: 8-2
Skarlet: 4-6
Smoke: 4-6 (maybe 5-5) It's a game of life leads, really.
Sonya: 4-6
Sub Zero: 5-5

Total: 143

NKZero

Noob
xInfra Deadx interesting chart. Where we really differ is the Kenshi MU. I don't think it's that bad tbh. Kenshi's armour and Sektor's lack thereof is a high pain in the ass but note these two things:

1) Kenshi has a high ass hitbox meaning Sektor has EVERY pressure option available
2) UM/homing missile evades tele-flurry while buying time for Sektor to advance forwards while Kenshi is forced to block

I think Smoke is his only really bad MU and that's what I like about Sektor. Super solid character who needs a lot of work to get his wins but doesn't really get blown up much. According to you though this match is 2-8. Why is that?

Also if you or anyone else want me to expand on some MU's then I have no problem doing so...

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"
NKZero I don't agree with the Smoke number.. Why do you feel the match-up is in his favour? if it's because of smoke bomb then what about Rains lightening? Why does it affect that match? and I don't even think that is a "problem".

NKZero

Noob
NKZero I don't agree with the Smoke number.. Why do you feel the match-up is in his favour? if it's because of smoke bomb then what about Rains lightening? Why does it affect that match? and I don't even think that is a "problem".
It isn't just the smoke bomb although that is a problem. Also in comparison to Rain's lightning, smoke bomb has a bigger hit-box and comes out faster. Plus the damage potential off a smoke bomb is far greater.

Anyways Smoke cannot be zoned in this MU, he has all the tools to negative Sektor's footsies by using smoke bomb, smoke away. His standing 2 is so damn good it beats out JK so I cannot do JK-TU to try and catch out someone who is trying to AA me. So I cannot sustain pressure with missiles, I cannot throw out F2 and B1 as freely as I would like to and Smoke gets big ass damage off every whiff opportunity even off sometime like B34 if the 4 whiffs. Besides 3-7 isn't a horrible MU it's just stacked up convincingly in Smoke's favour. The most fucked up part, Sektor's 6 frame jab is useless to punish smoke bomb if spaced correctly as the 2 whiffs in 12B1.

Sektor has no real nightmare MU's (2-8 and beyond). But it is his most awkward MU and if Smoke has a life-lead it is awfully hard to come back.

Espio

Kokomo
Really, awesome chart NKZero, agree on Sindel, Jade, Rain, and Stryker :).

I'd like to run Sheeva versus Sektor some more, it's bad, but I don't know about 8-2, I was thinking more along the lines of 3-7, but it could be that bad. My issue is that I don't have enough MU experience with Sheeva versus a high level Sektor, so I don't know it that well.

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"
You did not just compare smoke bomb to rains lightning like they are the same :mad:
I know smoke bomb does significantly more damage but that's only if you get hit..... Like every other move in the game. Its only a factor in this match-up if you are TU happy, just like vs Rain. maybe it's just my style that makes me feel this way because i only use it to whiff punish outside of combos or ex to escape the corner.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
xInfra Deadx interesting chart. Where we really differ is the Kenshi MU. I don't think it's that bad tbh. Kenshi's armour and Sektor's lack thereof is a high pain in the ass but note these two things:

1) Kenshi has a high ass hitbox meaning Sektor has EVERY pressure option available
2) UM/homing missile evades tele-flurry while buying time for Sektor to advance forwards while Kenshi is forced to block

I think Smoke is his only really bad MU and that's what I like about Sektor. Super solid character who needs a lot of work to get his wins but doesn't really get blown up much. According to you though this match is 2-8. Why is that?

Also if you or anyone else want me to expand on some MU's then I have no problem doing so...
Kenshi having a high hitbox is something that normally would factor in Sektor's favor, but kenshi, with his insane walking speed (front and back) and the overpowered Spirit Charge puts Sektor right back at full screen and you have to block an incoming far TKS on top of that. As far as up missiles/homing missiles, tele-flurry whiffing on up missile is only going to go so far as they might as well just harass you at spirit charge's max range. It pains me that no notices or realizes the levels of fucked up that Kenshi is. Compared to Kabal (in terms of learning curve), Kenshi is much much worse as far as balance goes.

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"
I'd like to run Sheeva versus Sektor some more, it's bad, but I don't know about 8-2, I was thinking more along the lines of 3-7, but it could be that bad. My issue is that I don't have enough MU experience with Sheeva versus a high level Sektor, so I don't know it that well.
Sheeva vs Sektor = don't tele stomp lol. It's probably 7 - 3 Sektor.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
I know smoke bomb does significantly more damage but that's only if you get hit..... Like every other move in the game. Its only a factor in this match-up if you are TU happy, just like vs Rain. maybe it's just my style that makes me feel this way because i only use it to whiff punish outside of combos or ex to escape the corner.
Smoke also neutralizes huge parts of sektors game in the missiles. Smoke bomb also trades way better than lightning. Rain in no way can play sektor like smoke can. Sektor rapes all of rains pressure with a 6 frame jab for full combo. Sektor could almost be considered bad for rain if it werent for my damage and armor.

NKZero

Noob
Kenshi having a high hitbox is something that normally would factor in Sektor's favor, but kenshi, with his insane walking speed (front and back) and the overpowered Spirit Charge puts Sektor right back at full screen and you have to block an incoming far TKS on top of that. As far as up missiles/homing missiles, tele-flurry whiffing on up missile is only going to go so far as they might as well just harass you at spirit charge's max range. It pains me that no notices or realizes the levels of fucked up that Kenshi is. Compared to Kabal (in terms of learning curve), Kenshi is much much worse as far as balance goes.
Yeah well it's bad because Kenshi completely fucks up any footsie game that Sektor might have. So you really have to space it out properly at all times or Kenshi will dominate. This is possibly 3-7 but I cannot say it's 2-8. I think people underestimate just how badly Sektor can abuse high hit-box characters up close. All you have to do is pressure with the 1 string and Kenshi cannot TKS. He has to use armour or poke out at the right times. If you stay full screen then you launch an up missile/homing missile and you will have time to get in. Sometimes I use EX teleport just to get next to him and I hope he doesn't throw me back full screen lol.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Baraka: 5-5
Cyber Sub Zero: 5-5
Freddy: 4-6
Jade: 6-4
Kabal: 3-7
Kenshi: 4-6
Mileena: 4-6
Nightwolf: 6-4
Noob Saibot: 6-4
Raiden: 6-4
Sheeva: 7-3
Sindel: 6-4
Skarlet: 5-5
Smoke: 4-6
Sub Zero: 6-4

NKZero

Noob
Really, awesome chart NKZero, agree on Sindel, Jade, Rain, and Stryker :).

It's bad my man :p. TU fucks up tele stomp. High hitbox which means Sektor can pressure for free. Sheeva is far too slow as well so Sektor can run circles around her. He can use all up missile set-ups available to him. Oh and in the corner? GGS! Even Sheeva's fireball can be iaTU on reaction.

NKZero

Noob
Stopped reading at Smoke 3-7 when you do like 45% off smoke bomb on block. I would say it is 6-4 Smoke though.
Sektor cannot fully punish a well spaced smoke bomb on block off a block string. I only do 45% if you just stand right next to me and throw it out there. 21-smoke bomb, B23-smoke bomb cannot be punished. Even tip of D1 range into smoke bomb cannot be punished when Sektor's limbs have shitty range.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
At most instances where Smoke uses smoke bomb, such as after moves with even the slightest pushback like d1, Sektor can't punish with 12b1 due to his t-rex arms.

EDIT: l0l0l NK ninja'd me

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
May aswell give my final thoughts while I still remember the matchups..

Freddy: 4-6 (5-5 w/ Steve)
Johnny Cage: 5-5
Kabal: 4-6 (robo is better here)
Kano: 7-3
Kenshi: 4-6 (I can only really speak from Kenshi's perspective on this one, I think the way it's currently played it's 7-3 for Kenshi, but Sektor players show Kenshi so much undue respect =/)
Mileena: 3-7 (4-6 w/ Steve)
Noob Saibot: 5-5
Skarlet: ??? (seems 4-6)
Smoke: 4-6 (depending on the pace of sets this can swing between 5-5 and 3-7 in a heartbeat so yeah evens out as so imo)
Sub Zero:6-4

xInfra Deadx - I see what you're saying but Freddy doesn't really have anything that outprioritizes Sektor like Shang does, at least you can still get relatively safe trades using Human Sektor, neither costume changes the Shang match at all..

NKZero

Noob
May aswell give my final thoughts while I still remember the matchups..

Freddy: 4-6 (5-5 w/ Steve)
Johnny Cage: 5-5
Kabal: 4-6 (robo is better here)
Kano: 7-3
Kenshi: 4-6 (I can only really speak from Kenshi's perspective on this one, I think the way it's currently played it's 7-3 for Kenshi, but Sektor players show Kenshi so much undue respect =/)
Mileena: 3-7 (4-6 w/ Steve)
Noob Saibot: 5-5
Skarlet: ??? (seems 4-6)
Smoke: 4-6 (depending on the pace of sets this can swing between 5-5 and 3-7 in a heartbeat so yeah evens out as so imo)
Sub Zero:6-4

xInfra Deadx - I see what you're saying but Freddy doesn't really have anything that outprioritizes Sektor like Shang does, at least you can still get relatively safe trades using Human Sektor, neither costume changes the Shang match at all..
You make a good point about Steve MU being even with Freddy I forgot to mention that. Curious to know why Mileena is 3-7 and why Sektor beats Sub Zero?

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Sektor-Kenshi isn't that bad because he can't duck b34 or every string off of standing 1 with his high-ass hitbox. Abuse the jab in this matchup :p

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Robot Sektor vs. Freddy is 4:6.

Human Sektor vs. Freddy is 5:5.

Maxter even says Human Sektor beats Freddy 6:4.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Sektor cannot fully punish a well spaced smoke bomb on block off a block string. I only do 45% if you just stand right next to me and throw it out there. 21-smoke bomb, B23-smoke bomb cannot be punished. Even tip of D1 range into smoke bomb cannot be punished when Sektor's limbs have shitty range.
Yeah, I hear what you are saying because I rage about that 12b1 string all the time, but Sektor definitely has enough tools to make the match up is better than 7-3. He definitely needs to take more risks than Smoke to get his damage which makes it 6-4 in Smoke's favor in my opinion.

NKZero

Noob
Robot Sektor vs. Freddy is 4:6.

Human Sektor vs. Freddy is 5:5.

Maxter even says Human Sektor beats Freddy 6:4.
Can you talk about how the costume change affects the MU? I have some idea but I don't really use Sektor for Freddy so a brief analysis would help :)

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Can you talk about how the costume change affects the MU? I have some idea but I don't really use Sektor for Freddy so a brief analysis would help :)
Freddy cannot spike under Human Sektor's straight missile. So when you have a life lead, you can win without having to take risks approaching Freddy.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I hate Human Sektor - he looks retarded... but I guess the only time I guess I'll use him now is against Freddy in tournaments .