What's new

NKZero's Sektor Match-Up Chart

IKizzLE

BloodHound
You know why I think it's a 5/5?

You b34 whiffs on Jax unless buffered by a blocked d3. Why wouldn't you poke back after a d3... thus you can never make b34 not whiff. When it does whiff, Jax gets a full combo punish.

Same thing goes for jax's string as well... so I think they even out.
In terms of Jax, Sektor is one character that severely limits his options.
His best options are his f4? string, ground pound cancels, dash punch and projectile.
Sektor blows up the f4 string cuz you can uppercut everytime after the first hit. Jax can't ground pound cancel cuz you can iTU on reaction fairly easy. Dash punch is a high and its easiest to punish with sektor. His projectile is fast, but throwing more than one out at a time is suicide from full screen.

So I can beat jax close range, full screen and mid range is Sektors comfort spot.

Death
Same thing applies to subzero. I played tom brady at Power up in casuals....and you can ask him how that went LOL.
I honestly don't know how sub zero can get in or advance sektor into the corner if I can uppercut him everytime he does the 21 string. D4 isn't gonna push me in the corner either. d4 is neutral on block so one dash back and b34 blows up all of subs options.

Trying to zone sektor is a no-no. The hardest part about the fight is sub getting a life lead and then hiding behind a clone until time runs out.

Altaire

Noob
A good noob will teleport everytime u do a missile or whiff anything. If they are not, they arnt playing noob at the highest level.
Here is my revised chart.

Scorpion: 6-4
Sub-Zero: 6-4
Reptile: 5-5
Ermac: 5-5
Noob: 5-5
Smoke: 4-6
Rain: 5-5
Mileena:4-6
Kitana:6-4
Jade: 5-5
Skarlett: 5-5
Cyrax: 5-5
Cyber: 5-5
Kenshi: 4-6
Freddy: 4-6
Sindel: 5-5
Sonya:4-6
Jax: 6-4
Cage:5-5
Stryker:5-5
Liu Kang: 5-5
KL:5-5
Kano:6-4
NW:5-5
Kabal:4-6
Baraka:5-5
Shang:5-5
Quan:5-5
Raiden:5-5
Sheeva:7-3

Sektor is the most balanced character in the game. Great tools and footsies. No armor and has whiffing problems.
Nothing cheap, and nothing that can completely expose him. Same number of good matches that he has bad matchups.

He is no higher than 10th and no lower than 15th in the overall tier list.

AND PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP THE .5 SHIT. ITS A COP OUT!!!!

And my baraka experience has come from Permodius AKA RM_LikeMike.
I don't see how Sektor loses to Kabal. Hell, REO thinks it's 6-4 in Sektor's favor, though I think it's even.

I also don't really see how he loses to Mileena, but I don't have a whole lot of experience in that matchup, so perhaps I'm just missing something. In Smoke's case, I think it's only a bad matchup if Sektor tries to zone, and while that's his primary focus, he can press the offense when needed. His normals are quite a bit faster than Smoke's, so I do think he wins up close. I realize he does have to catch up to Smoke as well, but if that was so hard, no one would think Cage is a bad matchup for him. 5-5, IMO.

NKZero

Noob
I don't see how Sektor loses to Kabal. Hell, REO thinks it's 6-4 in Sektor's favor, though I think it's even.

I also don't really see how he loses to Mileena, but I don't have a whole lot of experience in that matchup, so perhaps I'm just missing something. In Smoke's case, I think it's only a bad matchup if Sektor tries to zone, and while that's his primary focus, he can press the offense when needed. His normals are quite a bit faster than Smoke's, so I do think he wins up close. I realize he does have to catch up to Smoke as well, but if that was so hard, no one would think Cage is a bad matchup for him. 5-5, IMO.
I think the issue here is that Sektor wasn't designed to press the offense. Now consider that you have a great whiff punisher like Smoke and that presents a whole new problem. Sektor cannot trap Smoke either and Smoke negates his footsies. I don't think it is as bad as 3-7 as STH suggested but certainly warrants a 6-4. You do make a good point about his normals though. They are quicker in general.

I actually agree with you on the Kabal match. I don't really think he loses. He forces Kabal to play up close and if the Kabal player makes a mistake or two he's in big time trouble.

IKizzLE

BloodHound

This is copied and pasted from the kabal matchup thread. Have yet to have any1 dispute this either with evidence.

Kabal beats Sektor 6-4 when you truly understand the matchup. Kabal can effectively shut down nearly all of Sektor’s tools.

In order to play this match up, Kabal must play a mix of lame/footsie game. Sektor’s worst matchups come from characters he cannot zone or anti-zone(Kenshi,Smoke,Kabal). All these characters have projectiles that you cant trade nor ITU on reaction(unless your opponent is being predictable or spamming them.)

What Kabal needs to do is use a good combination of iAGB and ground saw to keep Sektor at bay, but not autopilot. For instance, throwing out one gas blast then ground saw, then 2 gas blasts, then a ground saw is a good way to lame out sector. Why u ask? ON REACTION, if you iTU the gas blast when you see it, kabal will recover and can block. If Sektor is trying to make educated guesses on when to iTU, you have already won the match.

Now mixing it with the ground saw is very important because iTU whiffs ground saw, so this has effectively made your zoning completely safe. You feel that your becoming more predictable and that in your next set of iAGB will get iTU based on a READ(not Reaction)?! Throw out a ground saw and watch me whiff, and watch me get full comboed.

Now your probably thinking, missiles? Don’t make me laugh. Try trading forward and up missiles with kabal and tell me how that works out for you. So I can’t trade, can’t iTU and have no armor to get in, so I must now play the same obstacle course character’s like cage and kitana play, but im no cage nor kitana.

And here comes the biggest 2 things kabal players say: Sektor’s low hitbox and cornering himself. First off, if your cornering yourself, that’s your own inability to the play the field. Mixing up your lame zoning game, armor and pressure against sector and you should always be where you want. You control the field

Now your probably thinking pressure???! Sektor’s low hitbox!!! Everytime I beat a kabal its because they tried to do a whole myriad amount of random strings. The only string you need to be doing is the 3,2(I think that’s the nomenclature) into either the overhead or saw. That string to the overhead or saw should be the only non armored pressure string you should do. Both give enough pushback that none of sektor’s strings that launch will hit.

Now here comes the guessing game, which is still in kabal’s favor. You can do one of two things after the overhead/low. Go straight into your iGAB and ground saw lame tactic or go for a armored dash cancel into combo.

-Positives for the first option
You begin to lame out Sektor once again.
You might have caught him doing any move besides a f2
-Negatives
If I do f2, you get comboed for around ~15%

-Positives for second option
You armor through all possible strings sector could do + F2 for a full combo.
-Negatives
Sektor blocks your armored string and your in his face. Then your block button ftw.

So if you plan to fight sector like all the other characters with all these different flashy block strings or spam 5+ iAGB in a row, by all means, give me that W. But when playing a footsie kabal plus laming it out, there is no way this in Sektor’s favor.
ALL OF THIS IS MY OPINION.

P.S. None of these tactics work against jax, but by no means is this matchup in jax’s favor. Kabal has no bad matchups IMO. His worst is 5-5. These 5.5’s need to retire and people need to start being brutally honest. It's either we are counter picking and giving 8-2s or we are being lazy and can't win 4-6s or to lazy to learn matchups.

P.S.S.
Order of best kabal’s I have ever played. Reo then Detroit then Soonk.
Order of who I got beat by the worst. Soonk then Detroit then Reo.

what's the status with Freddy's hit-box vs Sektor's strings? That could mean something as well if Sektor has more pressure options at his disposal...
Everything hits Freddy when he's crouch-blocking. Sektor's normals can will still mostly wiff if he's just neutral ducking or poking though.

Sheeva gets all her options completely destroyed by sektor.
You never want to be in sheeva's face so just lame it out. What can she do?
Everytime you see her telestomp, just mash out a regular TU and you get a free combo 100% of the time.
Her projectile is slow as hell, so a regular TU will be fine.

So she has to dash block to get in and even if she does get into jump range, Sektor completely outfootsies her. I mean, you can do literally everything. Mash out whatever block string you want. Mash the hell out of b34 over and over.

GGA Jeremiah thinks its 8-2
I actually have it as 7-3 Sektor right now. It could be worse though but we may never find out. I'm not going to use Sheeva against Sektor anymore.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
I also think Sektor vs KL is 5v5
Based off me vs Reo's KL

And here's a good way to approach the matchup if your KL....

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
This is my personal matchup chart. 6 being slight advantage. 7 being significant advantage.

Baraka: 6-4
Cyber Sub Zero: 5-5
Cyrax: 6-4
Freddy: 5-5
Johnny Cage: 5-5
Kabal: 5-5
Kano: 6-4
Kenshi: ???
Kitana: 5-5
Kung Lao: 5-5
Mileena: 4-6
Nightwolf: 5-5
Noob Saibot: 6-4
Quan Chi: 6-4
Raiden: 5-5
Reptile: 6-4
Scorpion: 5-5
Shang Tsung: 5-5
Sheeva: 7-3
Skarlet:4-6
Sindel: 6-4
Smoke: 5-5
Sonya: 4-6
Stryker: 5-5
Sub Zero: 5-5

PND_Ketchup

You gotta explain this...
straight missiles from fullscreen, footsies from midscreen. That's basically it lmao. So long as you mix up straight missiles with close missiles I seem to do alright. Just be weary about dash punches and it's not the hardest matchup in the world.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Chart average from tourny sektors(rounded to nearest whole number):
Baraka: 5-5
Freddy: 5-5
Johnny Cage: 5-5
Kabal: 5-5
Kenshi: 4-6
Noob Saibot: 5-5
Quan Chi: 6-4
Skarlet:5-5
Sindel: 5-5
Smoke: 4-6

So it looks like sektor is good against jax,kano,quan,sheeva.
bad against kenshi,mileena,smoke,sonya.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I don't understand how that can be his MU chart but he's outside top 10.

NKZero

Noob
I don't understand how that can be his MU chart but he's outside top 10.
he tends to struggle against the higher tier characters. but tbh he's borderline top 10 imo. i cannot complain about him though. very good character (so you don't include me in the sektor community blow-up :) )

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
That list says he only struggles against 3 top tier characters. On the other hand he beats Jax and goes even with Freddy, JC, Kung Lao and Kabal. That is a top 10 MU chart for sure.

NKZero

Noob
That list says he only struggles against 3 top tier characters. On the other hand he beats Jax and goes even with Freddy, JC, Kung Lao and Kabal. That is a top 10 MU chart for sure.
Imo he loses to Kabal but yes the rest I agree with as well. But then Raiden has a good match up chart (top 10 worthy) yet people want to put him mid tier. I dunno whether to base a tier list on what tools a character has or the actual match-up numbers. If it is the latter, then yes you very well could be right.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
personally:

Freddy: 4.5-5.5
Jade: 6-4
Jax: 5.5-4.5
Johnny Cage: 4-6
Kabal: 4.5-5.5
Kenshi: 4.5-5.5
Quan Chi: 5-5
Skarlet: not sure, possibly 5-5
Smoke: 3-7

NKZero

Noob
personally:

Freddy: 4.5-5.5
Jade: 6-4
Jax: 5.5-4.5
Johnny Cage: 4-6
Kabal: 4.5-5.5
Kenshi: 4.5-5.5
Quan Chi: 5-5
Skarlet: not sure, possibly 5-5
Smoke: 3-7
Interesting chart man thanks for posting. Can you explain the following? 5-5 vs Baraka and Cyrax.

NKZero

Noob
IKizzLE Ketchup-LK9T9 SwiftTomHanks

I noticed that we all had Stryker as 5-5 match-up. However if you check out his frame data Stryker's roll toss is -7 which means that it is technically full combo punishable by Sektor via. standing 1. Does this change the match-up in any way? I never knew it was punishable...

PND_Ketchup

Stryker goes even with sektor because neither player has an advantage over another. missiles get rolled. flame burner doesnt work too good. armored roll is a good mindgame tool. hes not going to use his meter for combo damage so he can save it for beating sektors zoning, as it goes through B1 and F2 as well armored rool can work a bit like sonyas cartwheel. plus instant airing gunshot is very difficult due to how fast it hits from fullscreen.