What's new

NKZero's Sektor Match-Up Chart

NKZero

Noob
Well having looked at @Mr. Mileena match-up chart for Kitana, I decided to do one of my own, taking into full consideration that integers are the best way to go about the thing. Having .5 match-ups just makes it more confusing than it should be. So this is how I will go about it:

5-5=even (5.5-4.5 that is closer to even will become 5-5)
6-4=slight advantage (5.5-4.5 that is closer to slight advantage will become 6-4)
7-3=considerable advantage (I think that is as high as you get really)

anyways without further ado...
Baraka: 6-4
Cyber Sub Zero: 5-5
Cyrax: 6-4
Ermac: 5-5
Freddy: 5-5
Jade: 5-5
Jax: 6-4
Johnny Cage: 5-5
Kabal: 4-6
Kano: 6-4
Kenshi: 4-6
Kitana: 5-5
Kung Lao: 6-4
Liu Kang: 5-5
Mileena: 4-6
Nightwolf: 6-4
Noob Saibot: 6-4
Quan Chi: 6-4
Raiden: 5-5
Rain: 5-5
Reptile: 5-5
Scorpion: 6-4
Shang Tsung: 5-5
Sheeva: 7-3
Skarlet:4-6
Sindel: 6-4
Smoke: 4-6
Sonya: 4-6
Stryker: 5-5
Sub Zero: 5-5

TOTAL: 156/300

SwiftTomHanks' chart:

Baraka: 5-5
Cyrax: 5-5
Jax: 5-5
Kabal: 4-6
Nightwolf: 5-5
Noob Saibot: 5-5
Skarlet:5-5
Sindel: 5-5
Smoke: 3-7

IKizzLE's chart:

Sub-Zero: 6-4
Noob: 5-5
Mileena:4-6
Kitana:6-4
Skarlett: 5-5
Cyber: 5-5
Freddy: 4-6
Sonya:4-6
Cage:5-5
Stryker:5-5
KL:5-5
Kano:6-4
NW:5-5
Kabal:4-6
Baraka:5-5
Shang:5-5
Quan:5-5
Raiden:5-5
Sheeva:7-3

Ketchup's chart:

Kabal: 5-5
Kenshi: ???
Kung Lao: 5-5
Reptile: 6-4
Scorpion: 5-5
Smoke: 5-5

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
If we are going by these wacky lists with 8/2 and 7/3s everywhere, smoke and mileena are 3/7.

If we are being level headed, I couldn't agree more.

NKZero

Noob
If we are going by these wacky lists with 8/2 and 7/3s everywhere, smoke and mileena are 3/7.

If we are being level headed, I couldn't agree more.
I was thinking about that. I kinda had Smoke at 6.5 in his favour so it would either go 7-3 or 6-4 but I don't think Sektor has a truly bad match work crying about. Maybe Smoke is 3-7. I think Mileena is still 4-6 for me either way. Glad to see you agree though :).

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
I was thinking about that. I kinda had Smoke at 6.5 in his favour so it would either go 7-3 or 6-4 but I don't think Sektor has a truly bad match work crying about. Maybe Smoke is 3-7. I think Mileena is still 4-6 for me either way. Glad to see you agree though :).
I really do think smoke is so bad that it should be counter picked if at all possible.

Mileena must be played in a fashion that I've only seen Phase 3 play her. But when done so, she has tools if used with perfection shut down every single option Sektor has. I'll put it this way, ill always play sektor against a mileena in as tournament. But if I came across him or someone sale who has that playstyle... Id switch.

My pocket Kenshi has an easier time beating Sonya, but its not nessesary.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
I think the concern is that Sektor can punish Noob hard and he basically evades and destroys Noob's zoning with iaTU. Also rockets do surprisingly well in a trade with clones so that's effectively a cancel out.
A good noob will teleport everytime u do a missile or whiff anything. If they are not, they arnt playing noob at the highest level. Also noobs up shadow stuffs sektors advancing normals. It isn't that easy to tu low projectiles while playing footsies. Noob shouldn't be spamming projectiles anywho. I'm not saying its a bad match up, but noob has a really fair chance at winning this.

Not sure about Jax...dat corner :eek:
Once you stop living in fear of the dash punch, Jax's isn't so scary. Sektor as a lot of tools (including his hitbox) to work Jax over and if he's having to burn meter on EX Dash Punch to get in on you, that means he doesn't have it for the corner. I would probably err on the side of even myself now, though.

I am curious as to why you feel Skarlet is a bad match-up. I have zero experience with her, so I wouldn't know.

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
Well having looked at @Mr. Mileena match-up chart for Kitana, I decided to do one of my own, taking into full consideration that integers are the best way to go about the thing. Having .5 match-ups just makes it more confusing than it should be. So this is how I will go about it:

5-5=even (5.5-4.5 that is closer to even will become 5-5)
6-4=slight advantage (5.5-4.5 that is closer to slight advantage will become 6-4)
7-3=considerable advantage (I think that is as high as you get really)

anyways without further ado...
Kabal: 5-5
Quan Chi: 5-5
Sheeva: 6-4

TOTAL: 149/300
I agree with pretty much every one of these except Skarlet and Jax, both of which I think are 5-5.

NKZero

Noob
Mileena/Sektor is even. Sonya/Sektor could be worse.
think Sonya is a 3-7? I could see that in a way but I thought Sektor had the tools to at least make this match respectable.

I agree with pretty much every one of these except Skarlet and Jax, both of which I think are 5-5.
Skarlet gives Sektor problems on wake-up. She can stuff out many of his options and he has no surefire way to escape her pressure.

As for Jax it's the low hitbox fiasco. Jax's options are severely limited and he is punished by Sektor worse than anyone else in the cast simply because of the 6 frame launcher. Corner is a different ball game but Sektor controls most of the screen imo.

Death

Noob
I dont know. I fought every sektor out there with the exception of Maxter and it felt really tough for Sektor. Maybe I just know how to fight Sektor really good cuz Im so confident in that MU with Sonya.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
care to explain why?
They both can outfootsie each other. Sektor's zoning becomes really irrelevant when I can just walk up to you whil taking minimal chip. I guess it does build some meter for you, but Baraka can build meter the faster than 90% of the cast so that evens out very quickly. Flamethrower and Charge are both great footsie tools and kind of counteract each other. Baraka's D4 outpokes sektor's down 4 or down 3 and keeps him out of b3,4 range. In the corner Baraka has the advantage because he can do 40% and reset you to get at least one more blockstring in(possibly many others if you guess wrong or don't punish) which also builds him more meter. Sektor can do some pretty damaging stuff but he still cannot reset Baraka. Sektor has a great 1 jab into a combo or up missile set up but Baraka has frametraps that can give Sektor trouble as well. Sektor blows up Baraka in the AA department but anyone who jumps in on Sektor is crazy anyway.

So it basically comes down to this:
Footsies(most important in the matchup)-even
Zoning(next to useless)-Sektor
Meter Building(pretty important)-Baraka slightly
Up close pressure- Sektor(slightly)
Pokes- Baraka
Corner- Baraka
Damage and punishes(pretty important)- Sektor(although most of my punishes will lead to an F4 reset into more pressure)

This is just my personal experience, IKizzLE or 1man3letters may have completely different opinions on why it is 5-5. This is just my take.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
They both can outfootsie each other. Sektor's zoning becomes really irrelevant when I can just walk up to you whil taking minimal chip. I guess it does build some meter for you, but Baraka can build meter the faster than 90% of the cast so that evens out very quickly. Flamethrower and Charge are both great footsie tools and kind of counteract each other. Baraka's D4 outpokes sektor's down 4 or down 3 and keeps him out of b3,4 range. In the corner Baraka has the advantage because he can do 40% and reset you to get at least one more blockstring in(possibly many others if you guess wrong or don't punish) which also builds him more meter. Sektor can do some pretty damaging stuff but he still cannot reset Baraka. Sektor has a great 1 jab into a combo or up missile set up but Baraka has frametraps that can give Sektor trouble as well. Sektor blows up Baraka in the AA department but anyone who jumps in on Sektor is crazy anyway.

So it basically comes down to this:
Footsies(most important in the matchup)-even
Zoning(next to useless)-Sektor
Meter Building(pretty important)-Baraka slightly
Up close pressure- Sektor(slightly)
Pokes- Baraka
Corner- Baraka
Damage and punishes(pretty important)- Sektor(although most of my punishes will lead to an F4 reset into more pressure)

This is just my personal experience, IKizzLE or 1man3letters may have completely different opinions on why it is 5-5. This is just my take.
id call it 5.5-4.5 in sektors favor,i could see it being 6-4 but i think i have it right at 5.5-4.5

imo sektor has better footsies than baraka
i def wouldnt say sektors zoning is useless at all
on meter building,baraka can really only do it from blockstrings,trying to do it with spark will result in a TU to the chin,while sektor has more options for his meter building
up close sektor wins
both chars have good pokes but like i said i feel sektor out footsies baraka
on damage sektor can do midscreen what we can do in the corner and sektors corner game isnt half bad with up rocket pressure
sektor lack of armor really hurts him from baraka frame traps but he does has that 6 frame 1 for if your too slow with them

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Here is my revised chart.

Sub-Zero: 6-4
Noob: 5-5
Mileena:4-6
Kitana:6-4
Skarlett: 5-5
Cyber: 5-5
Freddy: 4-6
Sonya:4-6
Cage:5-5
Stryker:5-5
KL:5-5
Kano:6-4
NW:5-5
Kabal:4-6
Baraka:5-5
Shang:5-5
Quan:5-5
Raiden:5-5
Sheeva:7-3

Sektor is the most balanced character in the game. Great tools and footsies. No armor and has whiffing problems.
Nothing cheap, and nothing that can completely expose him. Same number of good matches that he has bad matchups.

He is no higher than 10th and no lower than 15th in the overall tier list.

AND PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP THE .5 SHIT. ITS A COP OUT!!!!

And my baraka experience has come from Permodius AKA RM_LikeMike.

Zoidberg747

id call it 5.5-4.5 in sektors favor,i could see it being 6-4 but i think i have it right at 5.5-4.5

imo sektor has better footsies than baraka
i def wouldnt say sektors zoning is useless at all
on meter building,baraka can really only do it from blockstrings,trying to do it with spark will result in a TU to the chin,while sektor has more options for his meter building
up close sektor wins
both chars have good pokes but like i said i feel sektor out footsies baraka
on damage sektor can do midscreen what we can do in the corner and sektors corner game isnt half bad with up rocket pressure
sektor lack of armor really hurts him from baraka frame traps but he does has that 6 frame 1 for if your too slow with them
Sektor's zoning builds him some meter, but I have never really struggled to get within blade charge range of him. If Sektor ntries to up missile in the corner I usually just wakeup spin and then dash forward to not get hit. I think Baraka has a clear advantage there. His damage is obviously better, but again all he has at the end of his combos are a POSSIBLE reset(depending on whether we tech roll or not) while we have a definite F4 reset that leads to frametraps and/or blockstring pressure to gain meter(which makes his zoning irrelevant with EX blade charge).

I have faced quite a few Sektors and I just usually find it is whoever makes the most mistakes, both have good tools to counteract each other. I could kind of see 5.5-4.5 I guess, but I still personally feel that it is 5-5.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Sektor's zoning builds him some meter, but I have never really struggled to get within blade charge range of him. If Sektor ntries to up missile in the corner I usually just wakeup spin and then dash forward to not get hit. I think Baraka has a clear advantage there. His damage is obviously better, but again all he has at the end of his combos are a POSSIBLE reset(depending on whether we tech roll or not) while we have a definite F4 reset that leads to frametraps and/or blockstring pressure to gain meter(which makes his zoning irrelevant with EX blade charge).

I have faced quite a few Sektors and I just usually find it is whoever makes the most mistakes, both have good tools to counteract each other. I could kind of see 5.5-4.5 I guess, but I still personally feel that it is 5-5.
if u wakeup spin to get out off corner up rocket setups, sektor can neutral duck it a full combo u.
im on a mission to get people to full combo punish raka's spin, im sick of seeing it not happen to be honest.

yes your right at certain distances charge does limit his zoning

unless resets in the corner your not going to get the best damage,and while baraka resets are good,if opp guesses right all raka is going to get is a few % chip and bit of meter and is either going to be a 0 or - frames,both were sektor will have the adv with his much faster normals

ex blade charge doesnt make his zoining irrelevant,baraka doesnt have a periment supply of meter and he still takes damage for the rocket,plus using meter means no breaker which bad idea with sektor damage.
damn i wish baraka didnt take damage while using ex charge, would help him so much

IKizzLE

BloodHound
m2dave, pretty much the same reasons why he loses to smoke. Limits Sektors zoning and antizoning. Glove toss and ground claw startup animation is too hard to discern so if you try to iTU on a read, you can eat the ground claw. If you try to iTU on reaction, you have time to block.

Zoning. Freddy obviously wins this.

So sektor pretty much has to play the same obstacle course game all the other characters who dont have a non hitting teleport has to play. But when he gets in, his pressure is no where like cage's or sonyas. And your teleport away is really good at laming out sektor. You will always have the life lead as well just based on the amount of chip damage.

Your nightmare stance is also a good way to continue to lame out sektor and make him whiff.
Sektor, who has great footsies, cant use them against freddy which hurts him a lot. Within jump range(right outside of sweep distance) is sektors comfort zone. I can throw out flamethrower, f2, b1, etc. NMS evades all of them except flame thrower, which is miniscule cuz you will be pushed right outside the range sektor needs you to be and right in the range where you can start doing ground claw and toss shenanigans.

Zoidberg747

if u wakeup spin to get out off corner up rocket setups, sektor can neutral duck it a full combo u.
im on a mission to get people to full combo punish raka's spin, im sick of seeing it not happen to be honest.

yes your right at certain distances charge does limit his zoning

unless resets in the corner your not going to get the best damage,and while baraka resets are good,if opp guesses right all raka is going to get is a few % chip and bit of meter and is either going to be a 0 or - frames,both were sektor will have the adv with his much faster normals

ex blade charge doesnt make his zoining irrelevant,baraka doesnt have a periment supply of meter and he still takes damage for the rocket,damn i wish baraka didnt take damage while using ex charge, would help him so much
Fair enough, I can still poke out after I block the up missile. They can only neutral duck the spin if they expect it, so I dont see why you could use it sparingly to get out of the up missile. If they neutral duck you can just stand up and f2 into slices or charge to get out of the corner as well. If you end with an F4 reset you can usually at least get one 2,2 1+2 string off, which can be canceled into slices for 75% of one bar of meter. That still leaves you on neutral frames but you can d3 afterward so that Sektor can at worst poke you before the d3 comes out. EX blade charge may take damage but it also pushes him towards the corner, which is in Baraka's favor. Plus Sektor has to respect you when you have meter because any missile can be EX blade charged on reaction.

We will just have to agree to disagree on this one I believe. I personally believe it comes down to the better player and who makes more mistakes.

IKizzLE it is not a copout it is a percentage.
4-6=40% chance of winning
4.5-5.5=45% chance of winning
I dont know why this is so hard for people to understand