What's new

Nitara General Discussion

Temptress

Edenian Empress
I actually think the issue is more with NRS's direction or lack thereof. Megan Fox is no Meryl Streep, but in some lines she genuinely sounds fine and the characterization is solid ("I'll steal Datusha and kill you with it!"). Her ending is decent, too. At the end of the day, NRS is the one that's saying "good job, Megan!" after hearing those abysmal story recordings and approving them to be in the final version of the game instead of doing their job.

W40k Erron Black

Ready to eat lead?
Ok i got it. But i still dont know why. Instead of pressing LT once for the dash i held it, and that caused it to meterburn. But in the movelist it says it costs meter for consecutive dashes. So i don't really understand whats going on.

Last edited:

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Come on she ain't that bad lmfao

But what Kameo do y'all use with her? I feel like Sonya makes a lot of strings actually pop up without using her specials but idk what to do on block really. Maybe just rings hold pressure?

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Come on she ain't that bad lmfao

But what Kameo do y'all use with her? I feel like Sonya makes a lot of strings actually pop up without using her specials but idk what to do on block really. Maybe just rings hold pressure?
I use Sareena. Being able to convert into 40%+ from damn near full screen is insane. A majority of her strings are already safe on block, but if you end up doing 1212 on block, you can special cancel into sareena’s flip kick to make it safe. Ending combos into any of her HKDs sets up Sareena’s meter drain.

Nitara has so many ways to launch you and she already does crazy damage. I don’t think Sonya really does anything to enhance her gameplay

ApexPredator1509

☕️ ☕️ ☕️
I've found that swapping the kameo an flip stance buttons really help with Nitara. Much easier to do her air mobility stuff
Yeah me too I just flipped L1<->L2 and R1<->R2. My reasoning being I’m more accurate on the small buttons as L2/R2 have a longer range of motion. My air dashes and blockdashes are more crisp with this setup

ApexPredator1509

☕️ ☕️ ☕️
What Kameos are you guys using with her?
I’ve had the most success with Sareena (surprise surprise), but I’ve also had success with Scorpion (juggle capabilities) Frost (set play with orb and free ex blood sacrifice into a combo) and Darrius (nasty 50/50 situations into crazy damage)
With the divekick you can get ground pound resets using Jax, his projectile is useful enough for block safety and pushback though it’s not gapless using it with her 1212.

It breaks any armor and can’t be blocked, only way out is delay-wake up and you can just delay the setup.
Seems like a potent combination in general cause Nitara is so dominant in the air and Jax forces them to leave the ground. Found some midscreen resets with ground pound as well.
If I land a meterless punish and land a reset , with just 1 bar they lose like 70% total

xKhaoTik

With the divekick you can get ground pound resets using Jax, his projectile is useful enough for block safety and pushback though it’s not gapless using it with her 1212.

It breaks any armor and can’t be blocked, only way out is delay-wake up and you can just delay the setup.
Seems like a potent combination in general cause Nitara is so dominant in the air and Jax forces them to leave the ground. Found some midscreen resets with ground pound as well.
If I land a meterless punish and land a reset , with just 1 bar they lose like 70% total
I just labbed it. If you have a bar and you have them in the corner, it’s ggs. It’s a full 100% and there’s absolutely nothing they can do it about it lol

Reactions: jmt

ApexPredator1509

☕️ ☕️ ☕️
I just labbed it. If you have a bar and you have them in the corner, it’s ggs. It’s a full 100% and there’s absolutely nothing they can do it about it lol
Delay wake up avoids the armor-break setup, doesn’t it? Apart from that, yeah it’s ggs lol

xKhaoTik

Delay wake up avoids the armor-break setup, doesn’t it? Apart from that, yeah it’s ggs lol
Yea they have to delay wake up, but like you said, you can just delay the setup to bait out the delayed wake up lol

If you have 2 bars, and you do it midscreen too. Full 100%. It carries to the corner as well. This shit is so stupid lol

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Sektor and Nitara are kinda gross. It makes Sweep an annoying plus on hit pressure tool and the rocket on hit lets her convert anywhere anytime for a bar. You can also use it on meaty with her sweep for armor breaks.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
What exactly is bf1 (the blood spit) good for? At first I figured it was something to end block strings with but it’s -22 on block. Not seeing a use for it, or for her bf3 projectile either really

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
What exactly is bf1 (the blood spit) good for? At first I figured it was something to end block strings with but it’s -22 on block. Not seeing a use for it, or for her bf3 projectile either really
Ex has armour on it. It’s her armoured reversal/wakeup (although it’s a high).

bf3 I haven’t found a use for yet. Maybe as a chip out? Although it’s sooooo slow, you can’t even combo into it.

xKhaoTik

Ex has armour on it. It’s her armoured reversal/wakeup (although it’s a high).

bf3 I haven’t found a use for yet. Maybe as a chip out? Although it’s sooooo slow, you can’t even combo into it.
I hate her spit. It’s so bad lol
I have no idea what to use BF3 for. You can combo after it, but hitting with it is next to impossible

It’s a nice brutality tho lol

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
The Blood Spit is so plus on hit I was thinking Nitara players might use it in small ball punish situations when you don't have meter like maybe a F1 whiff punish

Interestingly, it's the one of the moves that Shujinko copies.

FortaySeven

I don't care
Just in case I am old and dumb I will ask, is there any way to deal with zoners as Nitara?
If I dash, it maybe works the first few times before they learn and then its over.
Damaging myself for 50 for a bf3 is not viable.

If her bf3 didn't have the buff requirement I would feel like there's something at least, but right now I can't figure it out.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Flight canceling from her strings shouldn’t cost a bar, her blood projectile shouldn’t rely on her buff and should be sped up, and they can balance her damage as necessary.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Flight canceling from her strings shouldn’t cost a bar, her blood projectile shouldn’t rely on her buff and should be sped up, and they can balance her damage as necessary.
Ehhh I think it’s too early to be asking for buffs.
I think it would be better if when in df4, she no longer required meter to air dash.

bf3 is useless in its current state so idgaf if I can use it or not haha.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Ehhh I think it’s too early to be asking for buffs.
I think it would be better if when in df4, she no longer required meter to air dash.

bf3 is useless in its current state so idgaf if I can use it or not haha.
I don’t think it’s too early when more and more people are putting her at the bottom of the tier list.

Her issues need fixing from a design standpoint, and at the very least, removing the need for meter for her to flight cancel from her strings would vastly improve her kit and overall game flow.