What's new

Nitara General Discussion

darklightjg1

Lost Street Fighter Player
An issue I found out today when I was wondering why half the time my EX divekick wouldn't register after landing b+2:

Double or triple tapping the normal button before the special cancel will cause the special input to be ignored. Only thing I've found around this is turning release check on. So when I go for b+2 after landing reversal EX spit (standing hitstun that leaves you at +30), I'm actually pressing 2 more than once to make sure it comes out when Nitara recovers, but that can cause the issue above with ignoring the special cancel.

Is this a bug? It's extremely annoying. I don't like release check in MK games because overlapping special move motions tend to also screw you over after special cancelling a button or string (I know about holding down the last button in a string, but that's still annoying). Having release check on also hurts other cancel techniques with Nitara like 1,2,1,2 cancelling the third hit into d, b+2... or d, f+4 (instead of the third hit cancelling, usually the 2nd hit will cancel instead with the way I input it and messes up Kameo synergy), so I couldn't really play her properly with it turned on anyway.

Last edited:
Anyone know where I can find a Nitara guide that shows you how to do her instant air flight cancels like wave dashes. I seen Sonic and Deoxys do it, they jump into back air dash into air dash cancels super fast and it looks like she is going up then Diagonally down and it gives her very fast movement and I feel I can't main her without having that tool.
There has to be some input Shortcuts for it?

Do you have footage from them of the technique you're describing?
The beginning of Deoxys Guide on DashFight
He doesn't really give any tips on it just says it's her strongest tool. I'm mildly dyslexic so I have a hard time deciphering the button inputs on screen and they can be deceiving I've noticed they show strange depending on if you have Input Shortcuts ON/Off

Any tips?
I should be able to do this, I got all of Sindel's IAFC float cancel combos with Tremor resets down perfect and can wavedash with her pretty well. Not sure how to input this optimally with Input Shortcuts ON?

If you look at Deoxys and Sonics pro competition use of Nitara you will see some crazy wild movement to the point it's much faster than wavedashing and crazy hard to counter if just outside of neutral.
You can air dash out of instant air projectiles while doing this, I think after her MID projetile buff and her health syphon buff, she could potentially be very strong. I've heard several top players say she climbed above mid tier with Sonic of course saying she's S Tier(what character isn't broke to Sonic)?

But she is such a unique char and I feel this could be very fun and potentially strong with the right Kameos. Maybe Stryker/Lao/Tremor?

Last edited:

darklightjg1

The beginning of that video it just looks like the standard jump and then input diagonal direction+stance. Only thing to keep in mind with that is that the lowest she can perform it off the ground is about waist height. Was there something more specific?

The beginning of that video it just looks like the standard jump and then input diagonal direction+stance. Only thing to keep in mind with that is that the lowest she can perform it off the ground is about waist height. Was there something more specific?
Yeah how do you rapidly do that like a wavedash? Cuz I seen Sonic doing it crazy fast and it looked like an Anime fighter lol
I was able to do it but slowly, nothing like wavedashing, any tips?
I had to learn alternative inputs for Rains Jump Cancel Kombos like cancelling from EXDB1 into Jax into BF1 fully charged water beam for setups and high damage.
But instead of pressing BF1 I had to input B,U+F,1 and inputted Jax with the Back input of EX-DB1 before it(pressing Forward right off the DB1 input) and this made me able to input a jump into canceled jump to special moves.

There has to be some kind of input Shortcuts for her flight cancels? It almost looks like he is doing diagonal inputs instead of the B+L2 like the game states in moves list. Hoping someone knows how to use Nitara at a high level

darklightjg1

It's diagonal to move like that with Nitara (d/b or d/f+stance after you jump). You can input it pretty fast as long as you adhere to the height restrictions (otherwise it wouldn't come out).

It's diagonal to move like that with Nitara (d/b or d/f+stance after you jump). You can input it pretty fast as long as you adhere to the height restrictions (otherwise it wouldn't come out).
Maybe that's my problem is just getting down the height of my air dash cancels. So I don't need to do it as fast as I'm trying I just need to do it at the right height?

darklightjg1

Maybe that's my problem is just getting down the height of my air dash cancels. So I don't need to do it as fast as I'm trying I just need to do it at the right height?
Yeah, it's less about inputting it at hyper speed and more about knowing the timing for when you can jump again after landing... and then doing the air dash once you've reached the minimum height if you want to use it for that kind of movement.

Yeah, it's less about inputting it at hyper speed and more about knowing the timing for when you can jump again after landing... and then doing the air dash once you've reached the minimum height if you want to use it for that kind of movement.
I kinda started to get it down and applied Deoxys Guide to make some pretty good damage.
Not sure if it's optimal but it's higher than Deoxys "Optimals"

490.51 DMG off 1212 but costs 2Bars because of Blood Sacrifice but you get 15% health back and half a bar back.

440 DMG 1BAR off 1212:

Any better options off 1212 and what else you use to start?

An issue I found out today when I was wondering why half the time my EX divekick wouldn't register after landing b+2:

Double or triple tapping the normal button before the special cancel will cause the special input to be ignored. Only thing I've found around this is turning release check on. So when I go for b+2 after landing reversal EX spit (standing hitstun that leaves you at +30), I'm actually pressing 2 more than once to make sure it comes out when Nitara recovers, but that can cause the issue above with ignoring the special cancel.

Is this a bug? It's extremely annoying. I don't like release check in MK games because overlapping special move motions tend to also screw you over after special cancelling a button or string (I know about holding down the last button in a string, but that's still annoying). Having release check on also hurts other cancel techniques with Nitara like 1,2,1,2 cancelling the third hit into d, b+2... or d, f+4 (instead of the third hit cancelling, usually the 2nd hit will cancel instead with the way I input it and messes up Kameo synergy), so I couldn't really play her properly with it turned on anyway.
You just have to input it once and change timing. I've had that issue with several characters but fixed by changing timing. If you do the move before it will tell you the cancel advantage which is how long you have to input special after, some buttons are just harder to link specials
Hope that helps

darklightjg1

It's an issue and nuisance for me because double tapping is a habit that doesn't punish me in this way while playing other fighters (I play on arcade stick and this is common). The recovery after landing spit is a very unintuitive window, so going for a b+2 special cancelled into EX d, b+4 (and then Stryker grenade for both coverage/saftey and continuing the combo) and making sure it comes out early to take advantage (so you don't get mashed on) is crucial.

If I try to time it and press it once in this scenario, it's even MORE likely I won't get the b+2 to come out at all or it will be too late.

It's going to be something that annoys me about the game no matter which way I approach because either I have to do something unnatural, or have settings that punish me in other ways (which results in also playing unnaturally for other techniques). If you look at the inputs for this trade combo, I actually double tapped f+4 after the spit hits them, out of habit, and got lucky the input interpreter didn't read 2 circle inputs before the EX divekick.

Last edited:
It's an issue and nuisance for me because double tapping is a habit that doesn't punish me in this way while playing other fighters (I play on arcade stick and this is common). The recovery after landing spit is a very unintuitive window, so going for a b+2 special cancelled into EX d, b+4 (and then Stryker grenade for both coverage/saftey and continuing the combo) and making sure it comes out early to take advantage (so you don't get mashed on) is crucial.

If I try to time it and press it once in this scenario, it's even MORE likely I won't get the b+2 to come out at all or it will be too late.

It's going to be something that annoys me about the game no matter which way I approach because either I have to do something unnatural, or have settings that punish me in other ways (which results in also playing unnaturally for other techniques). If you look at the inputs for this trade combo, I actually double tapped f+4 after the spit hits them, out of habit, and got lucky the input interpreter didn't read 2 circle inputs before the EX divekick.

That's mad good damage, I haven't really explored the Sareena punishers because it doesn't get used much at a higher level. But definitely want to learn the combo.
Hey why can't I combo off blood spit BF1? It's +30 and I'm doing a 11F mid to no avail?

darklightjg1

Nitara doesn't recover on her own fast enough to combo off of spit. Hitstun in MK isn't always going to allow you to link after (typically that just means the opponent is stuck for 30 frames where the only defense they have is blocking). You need special situations in order to combo off of it like a trade (like getting yourself hit by Sareena's boomerang in the above video) or using Motaro Kameo's teleport. Deoxys shows the teleport combos in that video you linked.

darklightjg1

I really want to land this in an actual match one day. I usually forget to do the sacrifice part in the heat of the match though (you get like 80+ health back if you do it):

Edit: Here's the coverage part if blocked. Easy enough:

Last edited:
I really want to land this in an actual match one day. I usually forget to do the sacrifice part in the heat of the match though (you get like 80+ health back if you do it):

Edit: Here's the coverage part if blocked. Easy enough:

So what's your best mix to open up good players without potentially being UpBlocked, I'm not liking the air dash into jump in risk. I'm starting to get into her and all I've got is Jump-in's from Flight Cancels/Lao HTB costing Meter and wiff-punishing with F1xxBF2 and I don't like it not being hit confirmable?

One of the ones that works is jump over into instant D+F+L2 diagonal flight cancels into Throw/Jump over into instant JIP2xx1212(hit confirmed from 12) into Dash Forward instant canceled S4xxDB2xxEXDB4, JIP124xxD+F+L2xx242xxBF2.
But there is a large risk if they UpBlock and some characters get crazy damage off it like 60% or more.

Last edited:

TH3DISTURBED1

"Never say 'never'
I kinda started to get it down and applied Deoxys Guide to make some pretty good damage.
Not sure if it's optimal but it's higher than Deoxys "Optimals"

490.51 DMG off 1212 but costs 2Bars because of Blood Sacrifice but you get 15% health back and half a bar back.

440 DMG 1BAR off 1212:

Any better options off 1212 and what else you use to start?
That 440 damage one only works because you got to the corner. If you start the combo on the left end of the stage facing right, it'll drop near the end.

darklightjg1

Is this bug still a thing (specifically the overhead in this string (f+1, 2) being blocked low sometimes)? It happens a few times in the video (the player mentions in the description this happens with lows blocked while standing too. It's already hard enough to open people up without this potentially getting in the way:

Last edited:
I haven't played in almost 2 months because so many new games came out, but was messing around in training and thought this was pretty cool:

Nice. You can get in just as easy air dashing forward/up at max height and making the uppercut wiff for full punish if you have that read. Sometimes even just air dashing straight up and making the screen shift makes people panic and open up as well. Sometimes I do that and kick while coming down canceled into EX Quick Taste. If you do it high enough its even safe, it goes right over a blocking opponent, but you still see the impact so it would have connected.

Stylish though!

UghGetOuttaHere

Number Cruncher. Jack of All Trades.
An issue I found out today when I was wondering why half the time my EX divekick wouldn't register after landing b+2...Double or triple tapping the normal button before the special cancel will cause the special input to be ignored...Is this a bug?
I dont think this is a bug. Im pretty sure its forced execution. There are other moves with [what I'm calling] "Mash Detection".
Correction. It appears that this penalty is in effect for ALL 2in1 cancel scenarios. You can mash for strings but if you mash before the cancel, the 2in1 is nullified.
Tanya's F2,1,1 for example. Despite its lengthy animation & generous confirm window, it can never be cancelled into anything other than an ambush [NRS calls this "2in1" canceling] if you press the press the 1 more than twice. Same for Kitanas 2,4. Oh and Haviks B22 has it too, which screws me over alot.

I also searched all the patch notes and theres only 1 change to mention 2in1 canceling so far. Its to Ashrahs f3 being cancelable on up block. This leads me to believe its intentional design. They want you to learn the timing if you want a proper reward

Last edited:

UghGetOuttaHere

Number Cruncher. Jack of All Trades.
What are everyone's thoughts now that we've had some time post patch?

This isn't patch related, and I haven't heard anyone else bring it up so it must just be me, but I feel like the window to cancel 12 into 1212 is shorter than most other characters. I don't have much trouble after a jump in (likely becuase of the extra hit), but I have a much harder time with a grounded 12. I feel like a couple extra frames would go a long way here in making it a little easier to react and be safe. Maybe I'm just getting old...
I tested your theory as well. For clarification Ill refer to this string as 1,2 for the first two hits and [12] for the launching final 2 hits.
This string actually wont let you confirm after the 2nd hit of 1,2 if you input [12] after 2nd hit makes contact. To rectify this, input the [1] before the 2 comes out. If you successfully input 1,2[1] then youll get a "couple extra frames" after the 2 makes contact to confirm with the final button.

That should help your consistency.
Edit: Oh and btw this string also has Mash Detection after the 1,2. So even if you follow the example above, youll still be denied if you input 1,2,2[12]
Edit (2): Correction. It appears that this penalty is in effect for ALL 2in1 cancel scenarios. You can mash for strings but if you mash before the cancel, the 2in1 is nullified.

Last edited: