What's new

Tech Nightwing's Multi-Option Setup by STB TakeAChance

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
but how? im blocking bothways?

even then i can always pushblock.
Back =you get hit
Forward = you get hit.

Down is the only way you can block. Not Down Back, Not Down Forward, Not Back Down forward not

Up Up Down Down Back Forward Back Forward B A

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Back =you get hit
Forward = you get hit.

Down is the only way you can block. Not Down Back, Not Down Forward, Not Back Down forward not

Up Up Down Down Back Forward Back Forward B A
that don't make sense! its like pressing down without pressing down o-o isn't it?

I'm having trouble getting a feel for the cross-up timing. I'm doing it immediately but flying grayson rarely crosses up. It seems to have advantage after it they block it though.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
that don't make sense! its like pressing down without pressing down o-o isn't it?
As I said, I am pretty sure it's because of the wakeup system. When you get up, your character stands before they can crouch. This happened in MK. The meaty Grayson is actually hitting on that very 1st standing frame...the only one available for any wakeup attack.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Thank you based pig. I really appreciate that. Awesome showing at UFGT tho...Sinestro was amazing from what I heard.
Thanks

Too bad my only streamed MU was a blow up

Learned the MU too late but sadly I'm ready for it now lol but doesn't help me now

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I'm having trouble getting a feel for the cross-up timing. I'm doing it immediately but flying grayson rarely crosses up. It seems to have advantage after it they block it though.
Are you doing it on a big body character? (The huge ones?) It will not work on them.

The best way to learn it is to make nightwing P2. Record/practice it with him and then do the grayson. To test if it is crossing up, as p1 hold back after the combo. If it hits, it is crossing up :)

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
As I said, I am pretty sure it's because of the wakeup system. When you get up, your character stands before they can crouch. This happened in MK. The meaty Grayson is actually hitting on that very 1st standing frame...the only one available for any wakeup attack.
i'll have to test pressing bothways to block for myself then to see if it works. and even if it doesnt, pushblock is a lifesaver.

Are you doing it on a big body character? (The huge ones?) It will not work on them.

The best way to learn it is to make nightwing P2. Record/practice it with him and then do the grayson. To test if it is crossing up, as p1 hold back after the combo. If it hits, it is crossing up :)
That is exactly what I'm doing with Nightwing on both sides. I'm just trying to get a feel for when it actually crosses up.
Edit:Sometimes I do FG early enough that it flies over their head even when I hold back
Edit2: I think I might have it now.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
It helps you for the bigger prize tho ;)
Yea before UFGT I looked at it as
1. A complete summer camp learning session for MUs for Evo in injustice
2. How much have u lost in mk9 not playing in 3 months
I did well enough to earn a seed point in each so I guess I'm alright w results for the bigger picture

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
That is exactly what I'm doing with Nightwing on both sides. I'm just trying to get a feel for when it actually crosses up.
Edit:Sometimes I do FG early enough that it flies over their head even when I hold back
Edit2: I think I might have it now.
The trick is to hit the 1D3 fairly low on the landing. Input the flying grayson as soon as you land. It's not execution heavy. I was hitting poor saps with it all morning online.

Its just an adjustment to the regular speed and tempo of his normal combos.

Yea before UFGT I looked at it as
1. A complete summer camp learning session for MUs for Evo in injustice
2. How much have u lost in mk9 not playing in 3 months
I did well enough to earn a seed point in each so I guess I'm alright w results for the bigger picture
That is a winners mentality. Beating the shit out of yourself does not help. I already expect big things out of you in the coming months. (I am sad that Porker was never allowed to live tho :( )

Saitsu

Noob
Alright it took me a while to get the damn timing and spacing right, but now I confirmed it. STD works off of his normal MB Ground Blast BnBs, just replacing 1 xx Flying Grayson with 1d3. However it requires proper spacing. You have to hit the b3 off the Ground Blast really early in order to keep them close enough. So for those who don't know or don't remember it's...

(starter) xx MB Ground Blast, b3, j2, 3, 1d3.

If you timed and spaced it correctly, you can get the crossup Flying Grayson off the above as well. It's also 37% pre-FG (with the 1f1 starter) so it's a 50% net if it all lands. And if you decide to go for other things or it doesn't...you're not giving up much damage at all, only around 2-3%.

In other words, with proper spacing and such, there's no reason not to go for this unless you want people far away from you (like for example, most of the big bodies this setup doesn't work on).

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
So mk9 CPU had too little invincibility and injustice CPU has too much. NRS plz.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Alright it took me a while to get the damn timing and spacing right, but now I confirmed it. STD works off of his normal MB Ground Blast BnBs, just replacing 1 xx Flying Grayson with 1d3. However it requires proper spacing. You have to hit the b3 off the Ground Blast really early in order to keep them close enough. So for those who don't know or don't remember it's...

(starter) xx MB Ground Blast, b3, j2, 3, 1d3.

If you timed and spaced it correctly, you can get the crossup Flying Grayson off the above as well. It's also 37% pre-FG (with the 1f1 starter) so it's a 50% net if it all lands. And if you decide to go for other things or it doesn't...you're not giving up much damage at all, only around 2-3%.

In other words, with proper spacing and such, there's no reason not to go for this unless you want people far away from you (like for example, most of the big bodies this setup doesn't work on).

It does work off the regular bread and butter, the only issue is it removes the mixup afterwards. It's still great for staying in, but you lose the ability to just jump 1 into another combo instead of graysoning.

At least if I remember it correctly from when I tested it :) If it doesn't then that's fantastic lol

Saitsu

Noob
It does work off the regular bread and butter, the only issue is it removes the mixup afterwards. It's still great for staying in, but you lose the ability to just jump 1 into another combo instead of graysoning.

At least if I remember it correctly from when I tested it :) If it doesn't then that's fantastic lol

No, you get the j1 afterwards as well. Worst case scenario is that you'd have to cancel straight out of stand 1 rather than 1f1, but you'll still get it. But if spaced right, you should still get the 1f1.

I can go back and test it harder. I didn't stay as long as I could since I just came out of a FT10 with Doc.

XBlades

To Achieve, You must Believe
Is there any more tech..? i am still looking for valueable rush ins such as ground spark feints f3 footsie related topics and exploiting super heroes..

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Is there any more tech..? i am still looking for valueable rush ins such as ground spark feints f3 footsie related topics and exploiting super heroes..

There is always more tech. ;) Ground spark feints mixed up with letting them go and flip kicks are essential in escrima imo.

I watched this video again and tried to take it a little further with the flying grayson cross up damage wise. Instead of doing the combo ending in sweep which does 32% do the normal bnb 1f1, mb ground spark b3, ji2, 3, 1f2 does 37% following with flying grayson which crosses up for extra 13% coming to 50%. like you said, no reason to not do this.