What's new

Tech Nightwing's Multi-Option Setup by STB TakeAChance

Haha!I knew there was something up with flying graysons hit box! Good shit! Lol my friend will be relieved to know he wasn't crazyfor getting hit with meaty FG . Man can't wait to get home and see how else we can set this up. Anybody thought about after j.3 in escrima doing raw 4xfg? There is alotta untech time to j3 and I was wondering if this would catch them roll teching . Won't be able to test anything till Monday night though =/

Was that a baby during the video, or did I subconsciously imagine whiners complaining about that tech?

Also looking at that tech makes me wanna drop Deathstroke and Doomsday to pick up Nightwing again, a character I actually wanted to main, when the game first came up, but decided not so, because he doesn't seem like a beginner-friendly character.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Was that a baby during the video, or did I subconsciously imagine whiners complaining about that tech?

Also looking at that tech makes me wanna drop Deathstroke and Doomsday to pick up Nightwing again, a character I actually wanted to main, when the game first came up, but decided not so, because he doesn't seem like a beginner-friendly character.
That was my boy Cohen. He was just waking up from a nap lol Shoutouts to Cohen for the part of whiny players who get beat by the setup :p

RexyWrecks

RTSD All Day. I'm going in. No Vaseline.
Judging by the vid, a simple low block followed by a backdash will get you out of the situation.

Edit: Why didn't you set the AI to wakeup instead of trying do it yourself? Makes it easier to demonstrate lol.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Judging by the vid, a simple low block followed by a backdash will get you out of the situation.
Mayo pointed this out in the comments. I will respond the same way. This setup still forces you to do SOMETHING. If you start backdashing, I can just do another grayson and still get my 45 percent. It's a situation where Nightwing holds all the cards.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight

Edit: Why didn't you set the AI to wakeup instead of trying do it yourself? Makes it easier to demonstrate lol.
If you read my OP you will see that the AI has more invincibility frames than a human does. Check discovered this a few weeks ago. In order to properly test the setup, I recorded myself doing it, and then tried to wake up out of it with various characters.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Any Nightwing players looking for some tech to improve their game plan?

Look up this interesting tech video by STB TakeAChance and be ready to visit Training Mode afterwards. He calls this setup "Surrender to Dick" and it's appropriately named given what his topic covers.

The rest of this post will be italicized to reflect that it was made by Chance himself. Please read on.

The following video shows and explains the setup. It cannot be techrolled, and most characters cannot do anything including wakeup. This will work on ALL characters except for the big body characters (Bane, Lex, Doomsday, Grundy etc).

The notation for the setup is: 1F1~Ground Pound (meter burn) J3 1D3 = 32%. Follow this up immediate with a flying crossup grayson. If it hits, you just did a 45% bnb.

If it doesn't hit, you are safe and at perfect position to pressure with 1f1 and 2.

This setup CANNOT be:

Tech rolled
Neutral Ducked
Back to Blocked
Down Back to block

The only thing you can reliably do in this setup if you are the opponent is hold down...which will BLOCK the crossup, leaving you in wonderful position.

Normally, neutral crouching the flying grayson allows you to full combo punish it. In this setup, it's impossible. Wakeups in this game actually stand before they crouch. I in theory believe that is why it is so hard to wakeup. It's like an input bug for wakeups.

Also, if you go into practice and test this against the ai, they can wakeup. The ai invincibility on wakeups far surpass the humans. That was confirmed weeks ago by Check. Test this against a human opponent, or record the setup and try to wakeup yourself like I did in the videos.

Once again, I hope everyone uses this as motivation to go to the lab and learn your character. So much dirt has yet to be found in this game and it is amazingly fun to find it, test it and realize it works.

Here is the video:

MortySeinfeld
GuamoKun
Pig Of The Hut
REO
Tom Brady
partyeagle
STB Shujinkydink
STORMS
Chongo
Saitsu

Article edited and promoted by GamerBlake90