What's new

Match-up Discussion Nightwing Match-Up Discussion (1.06 and on)

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
I wana say 5-5 but im slowly starting to think its in her favor. @AK SaltFace What do you think> I have the hardest time zoning Harley but when im in her face I get all the pressure possible.

Ive only ever played good/decent harleys in ranked.. Kitana prime, phish head etc. I think its 5-5..

Dick can beat her at her own game. Wing dings are more annoying than gun shots ;) IF, you get ur zoning off first, dick wins in the zoning department.. If she gets a rhythm first, duck and return fire. That's all i do is zone harleys, get as far as I can, ground spark goes under ground gun shots.
If i know im about to get cornered, I go to staff and get ready to defend << MY whole mindset is to defend, punish when i can, then get out of dodge. Any knock down and im out of there. Staff cancels are always a plus, from gs to fg if she tries jumping in certain situations, then back to zoning.

Ps.. I just try to be more annoying than harley is :)

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
Ive only ever played good/decent harleys in ranked.. Kitana prime, phish head etc. I think its 5-5..

Dick can beat her at her own game. Wing dings are more annoying than gun shots ;) IF, you get ur zoning off first, dick wins in the zoning department.. If she gets a rhythm first, duck and return fire. That's all i do is zone harleys, get as far as I can, ground spark goes under ground gun shots.
If i know im about to get cornered, I go to staff and get ready to defend << MY whole mindset is to defend, punish when i can, then get out of dodge. Any knock down and im out of there. Staff cancels are always a plus, from gs to fg if she tries jumping in certain situations, then back to zoning.

Ps.. I just try to be more annoying than harley is :)
I dont play HQ's much. Ive played Kitana Prime at NEC but that's the only good HQ I've played offline. Uhh I played a friend online in some sets but thats really all. After I told Kitana to keep the zone up it became a struggle. You probably know more about the match up But I dont play any HQ's to know how to do anything outside of theory fighting. :\ lol

gpmoney

We just played a set the other day.. You had me like 12-7, then you had to leave at 15-16 you. arrrggg lol
oooooooooooh ok, I remember now cause I was raging at my Lil bro. He Freakin gets online and downloads like 50000000000000 different anime's at once. >_> Weabu mayne lol. GG's btw my bad for lag I hate online but no one in MI plays that much. I dont lag like that unless my bro is Killing bandwith, my internet is Good. I wasnt looking at the games I didnt realize the score lol. I usually just play till I get tired, I hopped on halo after our set.

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
oooooooooooh ok, I remember now cause I was raging at my Lil bro. He Freakin gets online and downloads like 50000000000000 different anime's at once. >_> Weabu mayne lol. GG's btw my bad for lag I hate online but no one in MI plays that much. I dont lag like that unless my bro is Killing bandwith, my internet is Good. I wasnt looking at the games I didnt realize the score lol. I usually just play till I get tired, I hopped on halo after our set.

I love that attitude man, i would rather just play till one of us gets tired, bored.. I rarely get to play that mu "nw vs nw", annd i have mello on my fl lol! Lets do more homie. ggs

gpmoney

I love that attitude man, i would rather just play till one of us gets tired, bored.. I rarely get to play that mu "nw vs nw", annd i have mello on my fl lol! Lets do more homie. ggs
Mello is so much better than me lol He stopped playing for like 3 months cause of Work and life shit. Comes back and beats my ass at our locals. lol uh the match up is mostly first NW to go staff mode gets raped by frame trap zone. I tend to read my opponents but go brain dead at times. In my head im like 'ok I can beat that by doing xxx' then Ill forget and just throw shit lol. I play all games like this >_> freakin ADD. Feel free to add me Im always bored in ranked somewhere. Mello has been playing alot of Street fighter he's one of those naturally talented ppl who can play everything and come back like 10 years later and remember everything lol.

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
Mello is so much better than me lol He stopped playing for like 3 months cause of Work and life shit. Comes back and beats my ass at our locals. lol uh the match up is mostly first NW to go staff mode gets raped by frame trap zone. I tend to read my opponents but go brain dead at times. In my head im like 'ok I can beat that by doing xxx' then Ill forget and just throw shit lol. I play all games like this >_> freakin ADD. Feel free to add me Im always bored in ranked somewhere. Mello has been playing alot of Street fighter he's one of those naturally talented ppl who can play everything and come back like 10 years later and remember everything lol.

Will do.
And yea, Mello's a monster. haa

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Yeah Raven mu is 6-4 Raven. Chongo gave a good description. Couple other things though, shadow ravens kill staff. Staff pound loses trades and can waste a bar if mb, flying Grayson gets hit by it. If nw blocks a soul crush he gets a free staff pound check and the zoning advantage until I put a projectile on screen. Demon stance does better vs escrima, regular bodies staff. Also what Chongo was saying about using flying Grayson after pillar on a read that pillar will be next does not ever work. Autocorrect pillar will rape it for 39% and soul crush will hit it for 9%-31%

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Yeah Raven mu is 6-4 Raven. Chongo gave a good description. Couple other things though, shadow ravens kill staff. Staff pound loses trades and can waste a bar if mb, flying Grayson gets hit by it. If nw blocks a soul crush he gets a free staff pound check and the zoning advantage until I put a projectile on screen. Demon stance does better vs escrima, regular bodies staff. Also what Chongo was saying about using flying Grayson after pillar on a read that pillar will be next does not ever work. Autocorrect pillar will rape it for 39% and soul crush will hit it for 9%-31%
If NW does 1 ~ ex ground pound, can you soul crush him if you backdash the second pound?

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
What do you fools think about the Dick vs harley mu?
she can totally zone NW out completely, it's basically a journey of getting through pistols.
Ground spark in Escrima is like 29-31 frames but Harley's projectiles hit HIGH at about 20 frames I think(correct me if I'm wrong) They're plus on block and it's hard to interrupt because Ground Spark is slower and a good Harley won't let you get ground spark out. I have yet to figure out the best approach to Harley's zoning.

Meter advantage will always be to her because she only needs to spend it on zoning or clashing.

Her d1 is 7 frames and +1; if blocked she has advantage to do F2(overhead) B2(low) or neutral J2.

Her F2 is 26 frames and reactable, her B2 is 12 I believe. IMO Just be ready for anything, Harley has a quick J2 at 6 frames that can catch you if you're expecting the B2(low).

I like to play this match @ Atlantis.

I'm going to see if 113 can punish Tantrum Stance Cartwheel, I believe it should since the Cartwheel is -7

SaltFace NS

Ultimate Mileena Exterminator
I wana say 5-5 but im slowly starting to think its in her favor. @AK SaltFace What do you think> I have the hardest time zoning Harley but when im in her face I get all the pressure possible.
I got it as a 5-5 MU. Use Escrima to close the distance and make your way in due to the fact it has great mobility & from there use the range & frame advantage Staff offers to bully Harley once your in.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
I played a set with Kitana Prime at NEC and felt the MU wasn't so bad for NW.

Ground spark is actually pretty useful once you get going, and once you get it Harley's tools to get you out aren't great. Punishing her wakeup is easy in both stances, you can oki her with flip kick setups, she doesn't have great options against staff pressure when you are close besides pushblock, etc. The real problem with this MU is her cupcakes. They are so good at shutting down your approach and making wing dings a bad idea when she has bar. If the Harley player reads wing dings you are gonna get blown up for it, so try not to be to predictable with your use of them. Also, for some reason NW's ground spark ducks Harley's mid gun, so that's interesting.

macro

Eezeepeezee
I played a set with Kitana Prime at NEC and felt the MU wasn't so bad for NW.

Ground spark is actually pretty useful once you get going, and once you get it Harley's tools to get you out aren't great. Punishing her wakeup is easy in both stances, you can oki her with flip kick setups, she doesn't have great options against staff pressure when you are close besides pushblock, etc. The real problem with this MU is her cupcakes. They are so good at shutting down your approach and making wing dings a bad idea when she has bar. If the Harley player reads wing dings you are gonna get blown up for it, so try not to be to predictable with your use of them. Also, for some reason NW's ground spark ducks Harley's mid gun, so that's interesting.
Ground spark is also great in the zod matchup becuase it can duck the zod balls. And if zod starts doing ia zod balls
you can mb the ground spark to catch him.

macro

Eezeepeezee
I'm sorry but i have to say that i love that a hole matchup can change when Nightwing has you in the corner.

macro

Eezeepeezee
So i've been playing the MMH matchup alot with Roostak and
i got a couple things to share about the matchup.
If you dash two times into MMH after a teleport
and he does a MB B3 or just B3 you will go
through him and punish MMH for
spending meter.
You also have to be careful about ground spark a MMH player can see when it starts up and then they will do a
teleport punish. But ground pound on the other hand is a good way to stop far range pressure
and to get in. The best time to dash in from far range pressure is when MMH is when he
does his tele stike. But when you get mid screen after the dash watch out for a teleport
or a pillar if he does do a teleport and your dashing as fast as you can you
might be behind him then Nightwing will dash through him and then
you will be in the best spot to punish him with B2.
I have more but my tablet is about to die.

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
So i've been playing the MMH matchup alot with Roostak and
i got a couple things to share about the matchup.
If you dash two times into MMH after a teleport
and he does a MB B3 or just B3 you will go
through him and punish MMH for
spending meter.
You also have to be careful about ground spark a MMH player can see when it starts up and then they will do a
teleport punish. But ground pound on the other hand is a good way to stop far range pressure
and to get in. The best time to dash in from far range pressure is when MMH is when he
does his tele stike. But when you get mid screen after the dash watch out for a teleport
or a pillar if he does do a teleport and your dashing as fast as you can you
might be behind him then Nightwing will dash through him and then
you will be in the best spot to punish him with B2.
I have more but my tablet is about to die.

@roosTakk What do you think about this bro

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
So i Just played @A F0xy Grampa

Now ive played Filipin0man and now foxy.. They're both great players but, damn foxy even you have to admit, the delay and lag spikes hurts when trying to play footsies and combos.. Like I said in my status, i shouldve quit at 10-4 you.. That 35345353-4 you has bruised my heart :( LOL!!

I still think its 5-5. If I could play footies and react i really believe the end score would have been a lot closer gg's dude.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
So i Just played @A F0xy Grampa

Now ive played Filipin0man and now foxy.. They're both great players but, damn foxy even you have to admit, the delay and lag spikes hurts when trying to play footsies and combos.. Like I said in my status, i shouldve quit at 10-4 you.. That 35345353-4 you has bruised my heart :( LOL!!

I still think its 5-5. If I could play footies and react i really believe the end score would have been a lot closer gg's dude.
Yeah I think the WoWo MU is even, but NW has a big problem with air control in that MU.

You can sort of negate it with great reads, but it's still frustrating to deal with.

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
Yeah I think the WoWo MU is even, but NW has a big problem with air control in that MU.

You can sort of negate it with great reads, but it's still frustrating to deal with.

Nw d1 is +3, 6 frame startup.. He was full combo punishing me ON block, a blocked d1 before I could do anything with ww's b1.. Is this possible?

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
It's actually not just lag. WW b1 has a weird hurtbox. You can d12(+8) then follow up with a 33 which starts in 14 frames so technically it comes out in 6 frames yet she can trade or beat it consistently. I don't really know what's going on here but tested it and I lost majority of the time. I believe it may be a slightly disjointed hitbox or b1 has invincibility frames or it just has ridiculously good priority...who knows