What's new

Nightwing Fixes/Issues/Requests

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
I think Dick is generally fine as he is... all that should be fixed is the Escrima Fury/Staff Spin glitches, Scatterbomb should actually have some use, faster walkspeed in Escrima (practically everyone else needs walkspeed buffs too though), his D2 should be a little faster, and moar skins.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
No. My friend, I assure you - it's not. It doesn't buffer into specials. It doesn't start pressure. Just because the frame data of 1 move looks good doesn't mean the rest of the move set works to support that 1 move.

At best you'll trade d1s until the situation is reset. Against an opponent with a 6-7f d1 who recognizes you can do absolutely nothing after a d1 but another d1 and you'll quickly realize how heavy of a nerf it really was.

Green Lantern has b1
Superman has f2
Aquaman has b1 and b2
Batman has trait. Negating footsies entirely.
Black Adam has the greatest mobility in the game, and b2

Outside of the Top 5 who is out winning or taking top 8 at majors?
Doomsday with MB Shoulder charge and trait

These are the most popular tournament characters for a reason. 9frame or better advancing combo starting strings or the ability to get in at +9frames by pressing the MB button. They bully a solid majority of the cast into playing their game.

I'm not saying that it has to be b2. Make standing 3 or b1 8-10frames with more priority. I don't care. Nightwing needs something, anything to make footsies possible against the Top 5 and friends.

You show me how to play footsies with the top 5 without taking an exorbitant amount of risk, and I'll be so very glad to hold that shit.
Batgirl can't do anything except block or pushblock against anyone with a 7frame or better d1 that is 0 or + anything either. She doesn't have an 10 frame advancing mid, she doesn't have a fast d1/mid she is never more than +1 if any of her strings are blocked. What you want is an easy mode way to pressure up close and the truth is in escrima you just have to hold that pressure because you have staff as a free out. What does batgirl have against anyone's up close pressure? Pushblock?

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
What you want is an easy mode way to pressure up close and the truth is in escrima you just have to hold that pressure because you have staff as a free out.

I was pretty sure what I want is spelled out quite clearly throughout this thread.

“Footsies” is oldschool slang for the mid-range ground-based aspect of fighting game strategy. It refers to a situation where both players are outside of combo range and attack each other with long-range, generally safe attacks (pokes). The ultimate goal is to control the flow of the match, bait the opponent into committing errors, and punish everything.

Footsies does not always mean pressure. If you're Top 5 it does. But it doesn't always have to be.

If you want to discuss the nerf to d1 and how it has neutered Staff stance, I'll be more than willing to discuss that subject with you tomorrow.

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
You guys are doing it wrong, this thread is full of to many reasonable, sensible requests/people.. This is not how TYM gets results for buffs/nerfs.... NEEDS MORE TEARS,MORE COMPLAINING... Come on fellas..

@NRS

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
After some consideration, I've decided there is only one buff I want to see.

FIXES:
  • MB Staff Spin hitbox
  • Escrima Fury glitch
BUFFS:
  • Quicker start-up on scatterbombs
  • Increased range on scatterbombs
  • MB scatterbombs go fullscreen (Fuck you, flying Superman/Hawkgirl)
Everything else is actually really decent for Nightwing. Aside from this one absolutely useless move, he is extremely well rounded. Plus these buffs would help him with his air control, which is his biggest issue at the moment.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
I'd like Scatter Bombs to have more of a use than "Input Error followed by *I forgot Nightwing had that move*"

It does push back on block within b2 range though.

Cosmic_Castaway

Flying Grayson
Fix the glitches, and stop the downplaying.

All I want is just for NRS to leave this character alone. I will literally put up with anything wrong with him just so they won't go near him other than the objectively wrong things, like the df2 and Staff Spin MB glitches.