What's new

New Xbox Policy That Will Block All Unofficial Xbox Accessories

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I'm not sure I believe them. I didn't think mayflash was official.

Then there is this 21204

That said I do have one of their converters for the Switch I never use. Seemed to work well enough so not hating on the brand

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
I'm not sure I believe them. I didn't think mayflash was official.

Then there is this View attachment 21204

That said I do have one of their converters for the Switch I never use. Seemed to work well enough so not hating on the brand
I think when it comes to Mayflash, their fightsticks at least needs a controller to setup the fightstick to the console. Perhaps that’s how they get away with it because it requires official Xbox hardware for it to work?

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I don't know much about them really. I thought people mostly bought them for a cheap housing and swapped all the parts.

I had one for about 3 days back around mkxl but returned it due to the down micro switch being flaky.

It had its own circuit board and that was about it. I don't see how it's any different than a Brook Fighting Board but that was awhile ago and on PS4.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
Not the worst thing in the world if Mayflash is telling the truth. In my experience, their stuff is cheap, flimsy shit. It might be cheaper to buy a mayflash stick and rip the board out of it than buying the board on its own. Even then, Xbox boards for this generation are considerably cheaper than PS5 but my guess is that is because PS5 is tournament standard.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Not the worst thing in the world if Mayflash is telling the truth. In my experience, their stuff is cheap, flimsy shit. It might be cheaper to buy a mayflash stick and rip the board out of it than buying the board on its own. Even then, Xbox boards for this generation are considerably cheaper than PS5 but my guess is that is because PS5 is tournament standard.
Thing is I don't know how they know they are in the clear. Who is talking to them directly to tell them they are fine, because they seem like just another Brook type product situation.

Do they think they have a way around it? If so, how were they able to test against something that hasn't really happened? Did they clock forward and test against what is already in the current Xbox software? Will that be the same in a few weeks? Will Xbox stop whatever they are doing to work around the change?

I mean it looks like they might have a firmware upgrade of some kind they cooked up, but I don't know how reasonable it is to buy a product that is in a class of products MS has decided they are fully fine with turning into E-Waste for their own customers with no real warning. I don't currently believe Mayflash without some clout claim to back it up, because I don't see anything really about them being officially licensed controllers, so even if they are working, that doesn't mean MS isn't going to say "oops we missed on boys" and f-over these products 5 min after everyone switches over.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
This hasn't been a great few years for Xbox. Unless you're a Forza fan, PS is the clear leader at this point. And for fighting games, it's pretty much a no-brainer (as long as you don't use the default pad).

I do hope that they're able to turn it around, because great competition makes everybody better.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
This hasn't been a great few years for Xbox. Unless you're a Forza fan, PS is the clear leader at this point.

I do hope that they're able to turn it around, because great competition makes everybody better.
Xbox has been killing it this year!

Starfield was a massive success, their deal with ABK went through, they turned Redfall around, they turned Halo Infinite MP around, they've announced more acquisitions are in the making (teasing CDPR a lot lately), more first-party studios are opening up, had more 1st party releases than PlayStation in 2023, PC game sales are skyhigh, entered mobile gaming with King & they also have a lot of upcoming bangers like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl, Avowed, Fable, Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II & Gears 6 all supposedly coming out next year.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Xbox has been killing it this year!

Starfield was a massive success, their deal with ABK went through, they turned Redfall around, they turned Halo Infinite MP around, they've announced more acquisitions are in the making (teasing CDPR a lot lately), more first-party studios are opening up, had more 1st party releases than PlayStation in 2023, PC game sales are skyhigh, entered mobile gaming with King & they also have a lot of upcoming bangers like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl, Avowed, Fable, Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II & Gears 6 all supposedly coming out next year.
IDK that the Redfall situation can be turned around no matter how much they work on the game. It was a pretty spectacular face plant.

I generally like what Xbox has going on a lot more than PS this gen. I kind of feel PS5 are or at least were running largely on PS4's momentum and not much else.

It's probably "killing it" from their perspective on all the acquisitions, and I don't mind them having a solid studio footprint, but they are going a little overboard. We need studios that aren't directly tethered to the console makers and I'd prefer CDPR not end up under their umbrella. Part of that being I start having questions about what being bought means for GOG.

If MS is relevant in the gaming space, I'd like it to be for more reasons than they bought up all the gaming farmland.

This hasn't been a great few years for Xbox.
This is a case of perception not being reality. Keep in mind, PlayStation 5 is riding high off the success of PlayStation 4 and people's personal preferences. PlayStation is absolutely still the industry leader in the console space, though.

For fighting games, PlayStation is, of course, the tournament standard as it's always been, but also keep in mind it has increased input lag over Xbox Series consoles, which is significant as well (and something I forgot to put in my original list on the first page of this thread).

IDK that the Redfall situation can be turned around no matter how much they work on the game. It was a pretty spectacular face plant.
Yeah, Redfall is not a good game and never was. I also don't know anyone who was waiting for (or cared for) the game before launch.