What's new

New Xbox Policy That Will Block All Unofficial Xbox Accessories

I'd just like to remind you that Xbox has crossplay with PC as default for all games.
That's actually not the case. Any game in the Xbox Play Anywhere program does (i.e. Halo Infinite, Gears 5, etc.), and certain 3rd party titles support cross play with PC, but other titles don't.

For example, you can only play Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate crossplay between the Xbox version and PC - Microsoft Store version, not the PC - Steam version. So it's very limited there. DOOM Eternal can't play between PC and console. Diablo II: Resurrected lacks this as well.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Consoles are just easier "just works" solutions for your average person and simple to toss in a living room or even cart around. I don't know that equating it to an affordable PC is apt. PC's come with a lot of other things to deal with that is a win or a loss depending on the person
100%.. I have been a PC gamer my entire life, and I am OLD. The Ps5 is my 1st console since the intellivision. I tell you this as I was a "master race thing" for ages and only gamed on PC... but man. Console is so much better. Everything just works, no issues and the best bit is it is so frickn cheap. I could literally by 5 PS5s for the cost of a gfx card for PC. Back in the day the gfx were so different but now it is all in the same ball park.. sure it is not as good as PC, but it is still REALLY good. When I first played Calisto Protocol on PS5 it blew my mind how it just worked. Evey release I look at steam and see all the bitching about setting and frame rates.... none of that happed on console. Also instead of having a 1000 games in my steam library I can trade them in. I got Spiderman 2 day 1 for free by just returning 3 games I had finished with, and oh yeah... when I am done I can lend it to my nephew.

Fuck PC gaming. The only thing it is good for is Stellaris and other GrandStrat games and you do not need a powerhouse for them anyway.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
For example, you can only play Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate crossplay between the Xbox version and PC - Microsoft Store version, not the PC - Steam version. So it's very limited there. DOOM Eternal can't play between PC and console. Diablo II: Resurrected lacks this as well.
Well a lot of game will, and being M$ store or steam is not the point... if the new Call of Duty (for example) has cross play with PC... then there will be cheats eveywhere... period.

I mean just look at the bot issue in Street Fighter 6... . .

Well a lot of game will, and being M$ store or steam is not the point... if the new Call of Duty (for example) has cross play with PC... then there will be cheats eveywhere... period.

I mean just look at the bot issue in Street Fighter 6... . .
That is quite true. We'll see what happens with Call of Duty in general as time goes on.

The point being exclusive titles being the only thing it has.
The point being that the majority of Sony's first party titles are on or will come to PC. They're not exclusive games anymore and are at best timed-exclusives (with a few exceptions).

The "exclusives" simply doesn't carry the same weight that it did last generation as I already mentioned.

There's very little reason to own a console over a PC outside of personal preference.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
Yes. It's an incredibly successful brand even if it's in third place in the "console wars."

This generation it's selling a lot better then last gen, apparently, with an even split between Series S and Series X sales.
With the growth of Xbox First-Party Studios & the terrible deal that Jim Ryan signed for PlayStation (Call of Duty to be the only ABK title not to be exclusive for the next decade) along with the current chaos happening over at Sony (Jim Ryan "retiring", Connie Booth fired, studios not wanting to do GAAS, studios threatening to leave, Bungie layoffs & the fiasco over the new version of the PS5 that's coming out) all the while Xbox had a massively successful release for Starfield (even though I thought it was just alright), ABK deal went through, constantly teasing about acquiring CDPR, Halo is amazing again & talking about expanding into the Japanese market.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
Just buy the cheapest licensed controller, gut it, and solder the board into your favorite controller.

I get that most normal people will never go to the effort so I wonder what this means for the industry. I'm sure whichever companies adopt this will offer licensing rights at a high enough cost that it tanks the majority of the market outside of a few bigger companies.

The Razer Kitsune is a licensed controller from Sony, it's $320, and I absolutely hated playing with it. I prefer OG heavy arcade buttons over the feather light sensitivity that the flat mechanical keys on the new generation of leverless controllers. I was constantly hitting inputs on accident.

Also a reminder to the people shitting on PC, we tend to not have controller issues. I have been playing with the same hitbox for over a decade and have never had a need or desire to replace it. I remember guys playing with PS2 controllers up until MKX and they had a brick of adaptors they had to haul around because all of the modern licensed controllers had dogshit D-pads.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
Just buy the cheapest licensed controller, gut it, and solder the board into your favorite controller.

I get that most normal people will never go to the effort so I wonder what this means for the industry. I'm sure whichever companies adopt this will offer licensing rights at a high enough cost that it tanks the majority of the market outside of a few bigger companies.
The old school way - most folks in this modern era don't know how to do that or are intimidated by the task which makes me miss folks like @gummo who would travel to tournaments & build/mod people's fight sticks along with making tournament legal converters from scratch.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
The old school way - most folks in this modern era don't know how to do that or are intimidated by the task which makes me miss folks like @gummo who would travel to tournaments & build/mod people's fight sticks along with making tournament legal converters from scratch.
I don't know how to do that and am intimidated by the task

With the growth of Xbox First-Party Studios & the terrible deal that Jim Ryan signed for PlayStation (Call of Duty to be the only ABK title not to be exclusive for the next decade) along with the current chaos happening over at Sony (Jim Ryan "retiring", Connie Booth fired, studios not wanting to do GAAS, studios threatening to leave, Bungie layoffs & the fiasco over the new version of the PS5 that's coming out) all the while Xbox had a massively successful release for Starfield (even though I thought it was just alright), ABK deal went through, constantly teasing about acquiring CDPR, Halo is amazing again & talking about expanding into the Japanese market.
Yeah. Again, I'm not crapping on PlayStation at all. I want the brand to do well as healthy competition is always a good thing. Lots of people like/prefer PlayStation as well and I don't want to see them shafted.

Having said that, Xbox is indeed doing well overall and is in a much, much better place then they were last generation (even though things really turned around for them with the Xbox One X, but that's another discussion).

Objectively speaking, unless you are competing in fighting game tournaments or must play Sony's first party titles before they come to PC, there's no reason to go PlayStation this generation over Xbox outside of personal preference/brand loyalty.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
I don't know how to do that and am intimidated by the task
There’s a lot of resources (or there was) that can tell you how to do it yourself. Nobody really had to do this since the PS3/360 era.

I’ve done it twice & the last time I had to do it was 12 years ago & each time I never wanted to do it again as I was sweating like crazy.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
There’s a lot of resources (or there was) that can tell you how to do it yourself. Nobody really had to do this since the PS3/360 era.

I’ve done it twice & the last time I had to do it was 12 years ago & each time I never wanted to do it again as I was sweating like crazy.
I tried one time to replace an analog thumb stick. Was a total disaster. I'll stick to PC

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: ProbablyMinus
Nah this is good just get a xbox licensed converter. I know a good chunk of players cheating on Call of Duty and SADLY MK1 BYE BYE CHEATERS. Only cheaters left are on pc with their macros....doing 1frame link combos or shang tsung fireballs full screen back to back to back without meter specifically the far one.

And what I mean by the last part is on hit continuously hitting far fireball over and over its way too hard to do most people showcasing that are on pc.....

Last edited:

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Nah this is good just get a xbox licensed converter. I know a good chunk of players cheating on Call of Duty and SADLY MK1 BYE BYE CHEATERS. Only cheaters left are on pc with their macros....doing 1frame link combos or shang tsung fireballs full screen back to back to back without meter specifically the far one.

And what I mean by the last part is on hit continuously hitting far fireball over and over its way too hard to do most people showcasing that are on pc.....
"Xbox licenced converter"? Like what one specifically?