What's new

New World Order X Podcast: Episode 1 - Consider the Crying‏ Part 1 and 2

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I'm calling bull on the "other players would have gotten blasted, why is Revolver different" garbage. The reason why he isn't being blasted is because he IS different.

Dave: Let me complain for years about a tough matchup against Smoke. It is a 0-10 MU, why won't people understand how unwinnable it is??? Then moves onto Injustice to complain how MMH is so unwinnable, why won't people understand how bad it is??? No one can see how 1-9 and 0-10 these matches are. (Only slight exaggerations here)

Tom: Let me complain for years about Sub-Zero having 4-5-6 unwinnable MUs. Not tough MUs. No, unwinnable. It's a wonder that only the great Tom was able to play good with such a horrible character with so many unwinnable MUs.
*Played Aquaman in Injustice

Revolver: There's some tough MU's, 2-8's and 3-7's but that's just the life playing Lex. It sucks but time to do the best to win these MU's because played well enough there's always a way. No excuses. But wait, this one particular MU against Zod needs to be voiced because it breaks the game mechanics after the first two seconds.

One of these is not like the others.
I'm starting to think this is more daves influencing than Tom since he admitted from the start he didn't know enough about it, but otherwise this post nailed it. Dave calls mmh unwinnable when everyone else on both sides says it's not that bad. I call this practically unwinnable and everyone pretty much agrees with me except for Dave lol.

Also Im not 420 I'm 666 cuz I'm a fgt

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
True. Forgot the aqua. But I think lantern can win that match up. Only a. 4-6. No one got third at final round. Also forgot death stroke too with MIT and kinghippo
Zyphox's question was saying which characters made Top 3 by more than one person using only that character. Deathstroke definitely wouldn't be there since he never made top 3 on his own. MIT uses a bunch of different characters and I think hippo got 7th at SCR.

Flash got Top 3 by me and Zyphox
Doomsday got Top 3 by Noobe and Whiteboi
MMH got Top 3 Jupiter and Dab (I'm not certain if Dab went 100% MMH)

Bit mentioned that both Bane and Sinestro have made Top 4 from multiple reps

If we look at characters like Batgirl, Catwoman, Batman, AM, Zod, Raven, Lex Luthor and Harely that all placed Top 3 post patch, there has only been Top 3s from those characters by one rep that used them throughout the tourney. About half the time, the players that make Top 3 use a variety of charaters.

I don't know why I explained Dave's point lol, he can obviously do that for himself. here is my point of view...

I do not pretend to be any sort of IGAU expert let alone an expert of any MU. I agree 100% with you and revolver that the mu is just about as unwinnable as you can get.

Its just as dumb to say "Its not 1-9, its only 2-8" as it is to say "NO!! this is a 1-9 mu and its worse then a 2-8". 1-9 or 2-8 doesn't matter, they are both just about unwinnable. You get dominated in almost every aspect of the mu and require severe mistakes on the opponents part to even have a chance.
But there is a distinction there. 8-2 might be nearly unwinnable but it still allows for a slim marginal chance to outplay your opponent, because your opponent still has to actually play the game. 9-1 is what REO outlined. Highest possible level at the start of the match you're trapped in an infinite and its GGs. It has nothing do with reads guesses or footsies. None of that matters. If they can execute its over...and thats why this is 9-1.

My point was that it doesn't matter about how bad the mu is.. You know its bad and just about unwinnable. Knowing this, you still chose to play the mu anyway. My "coming from a SZ player P.O.V." was that no tears should be shed when you lose the impossible. None were shed for me and none should ever be shed for me or anyone else. We knew the mu and have known the bad mu's we face. You always have the option to learn a counter pick to the mu rather than gut out a 1-9,2-8, or 3-7. You choose to face the handicap match, no one forces you.

You cant have a situation where you are a god when you win but less props go to the opponent when you lose because it wasn't fair. When you win its because you played better than your opponent, its the same when you lose. In a loss its because the opponent played better. That's life, sports, fighters.. Fair doesn't matter, just wins and losses.

I think we all hope we don't see these type of mu's in MKX.
No. I follow this game and this community because I think its super fun and people like Revolver are freaking awesome. If you want to take the play to win mentality to the extreme that's your choice, but I instead am going to be a human being and show sympathy to a cool dude like revolver and a hype as hell character like lex for whom the struggle is real.

Nobody is even trying to take anything away from Relaxedstate here or downplay how well he did in the tournament. If anything M2dave has been infinitely worse in that regard trying to say that Rico Clearly outplayed SonicFox and would have won if not for stupid batgirl.

That is racist.
no, it was a reference to marijuana, because revolver loves drugs and so does jonnitti, I always tell jonnitti that he's "so 419" right now because its one below 420 (which i said was revolvers age) , which represents marijuana. Snoop dogg is a huge advocate celebrity supporter of weed and is open and out spoken about it the right to legalize it. When you said "dog years" I related it to "snoopdogg"

You're racist for thinking that was racist

coolwhip

Noob
no, it was a reference to marijuana, because revolver loves drugs and so does jonnitti, I always tell jonnitti that he's "so 419" right now because its one below 420, which represents marijuana. Snoop dogg is a huge advocate celebrity supporter of weed and is open and out spoken about it the right to legalize it. When you said "dog years" I related it to "snoopdogg"

You're racist for thinking that was racist
It was a joke dude. I got what you meant. Not exactly a subtle reference to decipher.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
I follow snoopdogg on instagram, but not for the weed culture or his music, I just follow him because he was in tekken tag 2
quit playing games with my heart ;_;

It was a joke dude. I got what you meant. Not exactly a subtle reference to decipher.
well we have to assume you don't understand anything because you AREN'T AMERICAN.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
By the way... you sound goofy as fuck if you try to outline "6-4", "7-3", "8-2", etc. As if there's an empirical system to define them absolutely. And I love all the different interpretations of the same numbers...

6-4 means barely in their favor, basically it's 5-5.

7-3 means way in their favor, almost unwinnable, but it's not that bad a match-up.

8-2 is pretty much unwinnable... but you can win.

9-1 is totally unwinnable, but you can do stuff.

10-0 is exactly like 9-1... but worse, cause 8,9,10...

Then there's S+ 10-0..... #somethingreallygoddamnclever

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
I'm just glad there's more podcasts now. KtF, OBS, Unnamed, Not a Podcast Podcast, etc. Now the weekly roundup isn't as much of a blow up, lol.

Also, a podcast with both @General M2Dave and @Tom Brady, the two guys I give the most shit (especially Brady), and my good pal @R.E.O. is added in the mix? This makes me happy.
The blowup is that after all of that....there was no weekly roundup last week.

Edit: Ah, you posted a second before I did.

coolwhip

Noob
By the way... you sound goofy as fuck if you try to outline "6-4", "7-3", "8-2", etc. As if there's an empirical system to define them absolutely. And I love all the different interpretations of the same numbers...

6-4 means barely in their favor, basically it's 5-5.

7-3 means way in their favor, almost unwinnable, but it's not that bad a match-up.

8-2 is pretty much unwinnable... but you can win.

9-1 is totally unwinnable, but you can do stuff.

10-0 is exactly like 9-1... but worse, cause 8,9,10...

Then there's S+ 10-0..... #somethingreallygoddamnclever
Depends. Debating whether a match-up is 5-5, 6-4 or 7-3 has its merit. I disagree with 6-4 meaning "it's practically even." It just means it's a losing match-up but pretty winnable.

However, you're right, debating whether a match-up is 8-2 or 9-1 does sound goofy since ultimately, both are absolutely unwinnable at the highest level.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
If a match up is really unwinnable why not just call it a 10-0 instead of a 9-1?
And if matchups are based on two players with out error shouldn't characters like Black Adam, Batman, and Green Arrow lose every match up 8-2 since their stuff is all block able?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
This thread is hard to read. There are obvious flaws in Daves and Toms opinion on mus and it has turned into the typical word vomit Dave and Tom usually post up.

It's full of downplaying

It's full of inaccurate information

And It needs more @R.E.O.

As far as the podcast goes, I'm glad you guys are doing one again. I'm struggling with the downplaying and the pitty parties but overall I think it's healthy. Surprisingly short considering who was on.