What's new

New World Order X Podcast: Episode 1 - Consider the Crying‏ Part 1 and 2

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Part 1:

Part 2:

Topics (Part 1)

1. Addressing @rev0lver 's comments about Lex losing 9:1 to Zod.

2. Current state of the game.

3. Are @GGA 16 Bit and @Pig Of The Hut banned from east coast tournaments?

Topics (Part 2)

1. More about @rev0lver and Zod versus Lex.

2. Is there a difference between a 9:1 match up and an 8:2 match up?

3. The future of the podcast.

Last edited:

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I would like you to discuss just how amazing of a player I am and how my Joker outplayed every single person I dared lay eyes upon and that when a matchup is 5-5 it must have a "(q)" to indicate that if you play me then it's 6-4 my favour.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
As far as reverting each character back to their prepatch state for the sake of a balanced top tier, (batman/supes/adam/ds/etc) my only question is why would anyone bother trying to play Shazam or Grundy when all of the super tier past and present exist? They have their strengths with damage and oki and whatnot but I mean, Shazam gets his shit pushed in by Supes and GL even now, does any shazam really want to have to go back to fighting a top level version of either of those characters? It's an interesting idea but I think the roster becomes limited no matter which characters are overpowering the rest

Last edited:

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
No.

Just some of your propaganda that you have been spewing lately to the community.
Ok, let me respond to this then.

I'm not the one who was saying this. Everyone else was telling me it's at least an 8-2 matchup, and I'm like "no, I just have to work harder". After I played @ARMOR I realized how the matchup truly works, and that I can't just work harder. My options in the matchup are virtually non-existent if the Zod player is on point. @Tom Brady said at the beginning of the podcast that he's not a Zod or a Lex expert, and that's where you should stop lol. The reason I was able to take a game off of Relaxed is because he fucked up. Zod can push me fullscreen with mb low laser, which I get jailed into with his trait. Zod can pop trait where I can't do anything because of his zod balls. His trait recovers by the time I can get back in by walking through his zoning. Relaxed missed a couple zod balls and I was able to capitalize on a couple bad decisions and was forced to do everything I can to take as much damage as I can before I get pushed back. The zod players agree with me, and the lex players agree with me, except for Dave and a couple people who don't play this game.

And you act like I don't understand matchup numbers and I'm overexaggerating because I have one really hard thing to deal with, but that's not true. I have a handful of 4-6's (e.g. superman and batgirl), a 3-7 (flash), a 2-8 (sinestro), and a 1-9 (zod). Sinestro is comparable to the matchups Tom's talking about with sub zero. I get heavily outclassed in every aspect of the match. The reason this matchup is different than zod is that I'm able to make a bunch of right reads and do damage, even though it's extremely hard to get these opportunities. I'm fucked by his zoning, I'm fucked by his footsie tools, he gets his trait completely for free which almost kills my trait game and any potential for getting in on him. But the difference between him and zod is that I have options. Granted, they're not the best options, but they're options. Realistically, when I didn't hit Relaxed at the beginning of the match I should've gone to restart, but I had to hold out hope that he might make mistakes or bad decisions. And even when those mistakes and decisions happened, it took so many right reads for me to be able to do that much damage where there were so many risks of being pushed back fullscreen with a single parry, push, or d12.

I don't cry about bad matchups. I'll complain about it sometimes, but I'm not going around asking for pity for Sinestro. I'm mad about a matchup that's broken. And I'm mad because I've run into this matchup at every major for the past year (Relaxed twice, Armor, and Pig). And I'm not even the one going around crying about it, other people are making posts about my match and you're just the one crying because you don't want people thinking your character is broken. I've played this matchup many, many times with RelaxedState. Our casual scores are roughly 20-1 where he'll quit because he's bored of winning. If we played 7 more games from that tournament to make it a ft10, I would tell people to bet money he'll win 7 of them. I don't downplay my character, I've been the biggest optimist for Lex in this community since day 1. You've just been the biggest downplayer of whatever your main is since day 1. I actually thought you were trolling on twitter earlier when you posted that but apparently not? I feel bad for people who have to play bad matchups, like Tom did in mk9, but this is a broken mechanic that doesn't allow me to do anything and you're the only one who can't see that because you're either willfully ignorant of how the matchup works or you just want to downplay for fun or some shit.

Last edited:

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
As far as reverting each character back to their prepatch state (batman/supes/adam/ds/etc) my only question is why would anyone bother trying to play Shazam or Grundy when all of the super tier past and present exist? They have their strengths with damage and oki and whatnot but I mean, Shazam gets his shit pushed in by Supes and GL even now, does any shazam really want to have to go back to fighting a top level version of either of those characters? It's an interesting idea but I think the roster becomes limited no matter which characters are overpowering the rest

That's my thought as well. This idea is a death sentence for poor Catwoman.

Last edited:

Killusion

Stream addict
M2Dave, Reo and Tom Brady? Nice lineup, you should call this the Pantheon of Elder Gods or something similar. Also, consider adding P2W on this. Listening now.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Reo FYI we are still banned and FYI they are NOTTTTTT trying to work w us and they are all yes trying to put it under a rug and hide it despite our many attempts and people for us

@Tom Brady thx for your support

Also @R.E.O. I'm not about to take off work to attempt to play in a tourney w a scene full of people who dislike me w the idea maybe I'm banned or not banned and take off work and all w a chance to maybe be trolled or not

Last edited:

sn1kzZe

Noob
I stopped watching their tournaments ever since bit & pig were banned, it's a shame there is no legitimacy to whoever wins those events, how can you be champion if the top 3 contenders weren't allowed to participate?

What other sport does that?
How can you host a competitive event and block certain players on personal agenda?

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
The idea of having all the broken versions of characters in the game doesn't really sit with me too well.
Yes there would be a few more characters winning, but top 8's and tournaments in general would be less varied. having more top tier characters just so there are more complete shite characters is not good. like good god some of the characters in prepatch injustice were so unplayably bad it hurts.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Would there really be more characters winning? Who's to say SonicFox couldn't pick up a broke prepatch character and do just as well? He's most likely winning this consistently because he's better than just about everyone he runs into. Everyone else has lost to multiple players over the past few months. Look at 2nd and 3rd place from the past few majors. If Sonic was gone we'd have plenty of characters winning majors. We just had fucking Lobo in top 8 winners at the biggest tournament since Evo. But it would be better if it were between a few super broke characters where virtually no one outside them has a chance?

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
i don't like the idea of having the best versions of every character either (even with flash's old d2 and damage). for one pre patch Superman and BA, KF and DS were infinitely easier to use than the top tiers as of now, like Martian, Zod, batgirl Flash etc. these top characters take a huge amounts of learning and skill to use then say super man or KF pre patch. you can tell by all the pocket superman and KF and BA that you would see in INJ early on, and lbsh players that don't even play our game got evo medals and really high placings because instead of learning MU their tools were just a lot better at that time of the game than alot of other characters.

at a high level this game is about MU and MU knowledge and reads/reactions. pre patch BA and superman didn't need MU knowledge to fight most of the other characters in the game. also i think lex is a great characater outside his bad MU's and if he weren't so damn slow i would use him as a secondary.

also for fuck sake why can't bit and pig just be unbanned, time heals all wounds let this shit go and let them attend. with the amount of EC tournaments that will be ran during MKX lifetime i find it hard to believe that its a possibility that two guys of that talent won't be able to attend great tournaments and compete at the highest level with the rest of the people who attend.

also lbsh even though flash doesn't dominate a bunch of characters, i feel that he should be included in that top tier discussion, there is no way two different character mains gets top 3 at different majors with a character thats not a top tier. can you guys name one other character that has made top 3 by two different people at two different majors post patch when no other characters were used? i will admit myself that flash made me as a player, i'm not even that good and if it weren't for flash i wouldn't have been able to get 3rd at WB earlier this year.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
Can we talk about the elephant in the room. Dlc characters.
Mk9
Kenshi
Pre patch skarlet
Freddy k
Injustice
Mmh
Batgirl
Zod
Pre patch scorp

All completely dominant. Well maybe not skarlet.

Don't get me wrong kabal cage sonya Arthur curry and Barry Allen are good too but do you see where I am going?

I understand they have to be good in order to look like an attractive purchase but I don't like this trend.

Maybe this can be discussed on one of the podcasts.

Cheers Dave, tom and reo

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
i don't like the idea of having the best versions of every character either (even with flash's old d2 and damage). for one pre patch Superman and BA, KF and DS were infinitely easier .
Killer Frost was just as bad then as she is now. Giving her more damage and her trait cancels back now wouldn't make any difference which is why they never should of been removed to begin with