What's new

New World Order X Podcast: Episode 1 - Consider the Crying‏ Part 1 and 2

WarlordRenegade

Founder of Team Renegade
So one of the biggest cry baby's of the community is trying to blow up revolver now, it really makes no sense why you even feel the need to do this. that's lame man, why can't everyone just play who they want without getting harassed I don't get it

M2Dave

Zoning Master
@General M2Dave

Any chance this could be uploaded in mp3 format so people like myself can download it and listen in the car?
Yes.

I used to convert YouTube videos to MP3, but I forgot how. If anybody can help, private message me please.

So one of the biggest cry baby's of the community is trying to blow up revolver now, it really makes no sense why you even feel the need to do this. that's lame man, why can't everyone just play who they want without getting harassed I don't get it
I want to play Zod without fools yelling how broken the character is.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Zod has a special that single-handedly turns around what would be normally 4-6 his disadvantage into 8-2 his favor and you don't think something is off with this character?

Reactions: TKB

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Look at the amount of attention Zod has received since NEC 15. You would think Relaxed State won the tournament with Zod, not Fox with Batgirl.
Did I blow up everywhere about the matchup or was that other people making gifs and stuff? I made a couple posts about how much it sucks that I have to play it every tournament, then you cry about me being a rush down fool who's anti zoning and basically dedicate a 2-part podcast to me.

WarlordRenegade

Founder of Team Renegade
Yes.

I used to convert YouTube videos to MP3, but I forgot how. If anybody can help, private message me please.

I want to play Zod without fools yelling how broken the character is.
Play who you want and it doesn't matter who says whatever is broken if you win with zod it doesn't take any credit away from you, a win is a win. Zod is a top tier char but he isn't "broken" by no means, if he is then why does batgirl always win? Oh let me answer that because the better player wins not the better character

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
http://www.youtube-mp3.org/
Look at the amount of attention Zod has received since NEC 15. You would think Relaxed State won the tournament with Zod, not Fox with Batgirl.
What are you basing that off of...? One joke thread acknowledging one bad matchup and the subsequent shitstorm you guys unleashed for talking almost exclusively about that in this podcast (along with the usual SubZero and pre-patch Deathstroke "characters" rants) rather than the entirety of the rest of the event?
...Welcome back, I guess...

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Also as far as the mu number stuff goes, my point was never about the number itself, my point is that its a broken matchup involving something that shouldn't exist in the game. For the 500th time I don't care about bad matchups as long as it's not "well if you can hit him at the start of the round and take 200% before he does something you're fine". There has to be some aspect of being able to outplay someone no matter how many advantages one character has. Yes, there is human error as a factor, but that's not something you can rely upon.

As far as the number actually goes though, matchup numbers are a statistical concept, not something that we assign a personal definition to. If the tools both characters are given give one character near a 10% chance of winning a game, that's a 1-9. If I have closer to a 20% chance of winning than a 10% chance I want them to explain why, but I don't see why it would be that way which is why I and others have it listed as such

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
MU charts are supposed to tell you how the matches would go if two players are playing their characters to the highest level, no input errors, full MU knowledge, etc. Watch the match and you can see why Rev took a game; Relaxed made an input error. Don't take the score of that one set and go "YO HE WON ONE IN A FT3 THAT SHIT IS 6-4 AT WORST." That's the worst kind of inductive reasoning, especially when you're saying that to a player who has ground out the MU and has been eliminated by the same character in like every tourney.

This is so simple and supported by pretty much all Lex and Zod players and yet people wanna turn it into another chance to start drama in the community. If only Dave was this passionate about actually playing fighting games...

Last edited:

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Instant aerial Zod balls are not well-balanced.

But neither is Martian Manhunter's teleport. Nor Aquaman's trident rush. Nor Batgirl's meterless 50/50 mix up.
Those specials aren't pseudo-infinites for any characters. I hate Rev0lver as much as the next guy, but I think Pig's proposed adjustments are something Zod players can live with and should agree to.

Last edited:
I think its pretty hysterical that M2Dave has used the idea of Cyborg losing 9-1 to Manhunter as a way to push his own agenda and now suddenly its silly to even argue the differnce between 9-1 and 8-2 anyway.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
It's interesting how Pig of The Hut has turned from Heel to Face having originally started the podcast propaganda only to leave and now return to oppose it.
I think everyone in this community has way too much time on their hands

E

Eldriken

It's interesting how Pig of The Hut has turned from Heel to Face having originally started the podcast propaganda only to leave and now return to oppose it.
I think everyone in this community has way too much time on their hands
That would mean you have way too much time on your hands as well. :|