What's new

New MK11 Reveal on February 5th!

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
I think it’s best to manage expectations, guys. It’s most likely gonna be whatever they show on the kombat kast for this Xbox thing. It’d be weird if they had 2 separate reveal type things happening on the exact same day.
^ This.

Xbox never claimed that their reveal = exclusive.
If NRS reveals Kabal and then Inside Xbox reveals Kabal, it's not exactly a "new reveal" anymore. It's not even a reveal.

The plan was to Kast today and the Xbox reveal next week. Why would they show Kabal today and then reveal Kabal again Feb 5? The delay just means we get double.

Also people need to stop expecting them to make up for the delay. Their safety is not grounds for you to get a bonus. When games get pushed back a month do you get compensation for that? No you don't. I gotta be honest. This thought process kind of makes me sick.

Last edited:
If NRS reveals Kabal and then Inside Xbox reveals Kabal, it's not exactly a "new reveal" anymore. It's not even a reveal.
The plan was to Kast today and the Xbox reveal next week. Why would they show Kabal today and then reveal Kabal again Feb 5?
Not saying it isn’t possible, just asking for people to go in not expecting much to avoid disappointment. If we get an extra reveal, great, awesome, everybody wins.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
i hope NRS drope at least some pic or teaser trailer cus .....CMONNN dude 5 feb is 6 days away man its really painfull to wait with that OVERWHELMING HYPE

Thracian_Priest

The troll awakens...
Inside Xbox is not revealing Kabal, it would be just lame.

But there are so many things to be revealed, not only characters.

Here's a quick list of features that could be revealed step by step by Inside Xbox, IGN, Game Informer (Boon seems to love it) and/or other media outlets:

> 7 stages are yet to be seen
> Stage fatalities/brutalities, if available
> More celebrity VA
> New finishers, like Hara-Kiri's replacing Quitalities, etc.
> Story mode teasers
> Teasers for the new modes teased at the Reveal
> The celebrity whose face got 3D scanned for one of the characters
> New online features
> Console exclusive features and characters, if any - would be perfect for Inside Xbox

Xbox paid for the Reveal in London. They seem to be deeply interested in this game. For a good reason, I guess. Wouldn't be surprised if they do have a console exclusive fighter and are impatient to join the fustercluck in full force.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
it's gonna be -50 tomorrow dude
That's pretty cold, still have to get to work when that happens here. But this happens every winter, we're ready for it. I guess these guys aren't.

They don't have cryomancer blood as we do.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
I get the disappointment. I'm disappointed too, for sure. But, I'd rather the team be safe and warm with their loved ones than risking their flesh for a video game.

Besides, sometimes delayed gratification is the best kind of gratification. ^^

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
So they supposedly cancel because of the storm, and it just so happens they'll reveal it during an XBOX event?

Yeah, no. This smells fishy. This is just Microsoft paying for more eyes on their broadcast.

EDIT: People getting salty and missing the point. Not saying they should do it tomorrow despite the storm. Just saying they could have done it the day after, or the day after that. AKA, not wait for the XBOX stream.
IT'S MINUS SIXTY DEGRESS IN CHICAGO.

There's nothing "fishy" about it. Congrats, you've officially posted the dumbest fucking thing ever on TYM.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Also people need to stop expecting them to make up for the delay. Their safety is not grounds for you to get a bonus. When games get pushed back a month do you get compensation for that? No you don't. I gotta be honest. This thought process kind of makes me sick.
There is some logic to expecting NRS to make up for the delay. If NRS's goal is to reveal X number of characters before the beta starts, for example, they now have less time to make the same number of reveals, which means they'll have to move one of the reveals up the schedule -- and why not to Tuesday, when demand has reached fever pitch?

I'm not saying it's going to happen or even that it's very likely to happen, just that it wouldn't be the strangest thing in the world if it did.

in case you guys were wondering Chicago is gonna have a high of -13 tomorrow with 21 mph winds which get's it down below - 50. it's legit a safety hazard to leave your house.
It really isn’t)) it is like that every winter in Russia, we all still go to work. Most schools aren’t even closed if it isn’t below like -18 F. And if it is said that the wind chill is -50, it doesn’t mean that the air itself is that cold. There are some areas in Russia where it really gets to -50 not acounting for the wind chill. And believe me it is completely different.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
It really isn’t)) it is like that every winter in Russia, we all still go to work. Most schools aren’t even closed if it isn’t below like -18 F. And if it is said that the wind chill is -50, it doesn’t mean that the air itself is that cold. There are some areas in Russia where it really gets to -50 not acounting for the wind chill. And believe me it is completely different.
For people who are used to it, Russians and us Canadians there is no danger, we're used to it and we have jackets warm enough, but people in those parts may not have all that gear. Still not a health hazard unless they go out for a run, which would be dumb. They may just get a cold though. Still, I agree with their decision, better safe than sorry.

Agilaz

It has begun
IT'S MINUS SIXTY DEGRESS IN CHICAGO.

There's nothing "fishy" about it. Congrats, you've officially posted the dumbest fucking thing ever on TYM.
And you win the award for the worst possible level of reading comprehension. I'd hand you a victory crayon but you'd probably find a way to stab yourself with it.

RothVI

d2 Spammer
So is the Xbox event and the Kombat Kast separate? I would assume so, but they're going on around the same time...

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
"I was born and raised in a climate that is exceptionally cold and my body has grown to adapt to these specific temperatures. I also have all gear and clothing on hand for these exact situations. So, surely, people in a completely different location who experience very different temperatures can adapt like I can in the span of...a week?"

Shut the fuck up. You don't have cryomancers blood you just live in a cold ass place and HAD to adapt/are already used to that shit. People in Chicago surely aren't used to 50 below weather so sit tf down and have some sympathy for people who were unprepared for these kinds of situations. I'm glad they didn't do the stream today. I'd feel better knowing they were safe at home instead of traveling to work in these conditions.

OH, but you travel to work in blizzards 5000 degrees below and brush your teeth with icicles and blahblahblah good for you. You ain't special. That's not the case everywhere else.

I'm sure if you lived somewhere where it was regularly cold and...oh...idk...a fucking heatwave came through, bumping the temperatures up you'd be in just as shitty a situation.

Some of y'all think you're funny, but just come off as childish :rolleyes: imma start pressing that ignore button.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
So they supposedly cancel because of the storm, and it just so happens they'll reveal it during an XBOX event?

Yeah, no. This smells fishy. This is just Microsoft paying for more eyes on their broadcast.

EDIT: People getting salty and missing the point. Not saying they should do it tomorrow despite the storm. Just saying they could have done it the day after, or the day after that. AKA, not wait for the XBOX stream.
You can't be serious.
Even if it is true that Microsoft is """""paying for more eyes on their broadcast""""", who the fuck cares? What difference will that even make?? They sure as hell won't convince me to buy an Xbox. At most they'll get a couple hundred more viewers and nothing more.
Dumb ass.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Bill Gates is my dad and he told me he used his secret weather machine to postpone the kombat kast so MS could get super cool exclusive character reveals.

He also told me they are going to reveal Sareena, Nitara, and Havik, the most popular sought after MK characters.