What's new

Video/Tutorial New midscreen ambiguous crossup tech

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Hey guys, was messing around with a concept PND i2 Gaug3 gave me, he had told me that since sweep sets up an ambiguous crossup situation at a certain distance depending on when you press j2 as you're jumping then there must be a way to do it via combo. We shortly tested it but no results ( partly due to ONLINE training mode ). All credit goes to him for this setup.

Was testing it today and I found out how to do this.

Basically, hitting J3 to sweep at the right distance sets this up, the deeper you hit j3 sweep the closer to you your opp will be ( not ambiguous ), do it too early and D3 will not come out fast enough.

This is different than Cat's tech in that it is not stance dependent.

If you do this correctly then it depends on how deep you hit J2. Do it deep and it crosses, do it a tad earlier and it won't. If you screw up the timing then it's like the B3 dash under D3 setup I had posted a month ago, you can wait half a sec to get the same exact same mixup even if you fuck it up, look it up here http://testyourmight.com/threads/huge-new-ambiguous-crossup-tech.35875/

Shoutouts to leaky earbuds

OmegaK
Gilbagz
Metzos
StevoSuprem0
Wild Card
yaoding09
OnlineRon91
laudanum09
EMP Dark
AK elitegoomba
giantqtipz
Gysbert
snort
x5STAR
MetaSkipper
AK-Israel
Ren21
AA25Mamba
B W1zZ
FixdSwine
UsedForGlue
Zyphox
lorenzo
@flash-lantern
MrSunshine
Dr Jackal

lorenzo

Noob
I have a similar setup but I do the crossup with jump 2 or jump 1. The way I end the combo is back 3 - d2- j2- sweep. After that you can do an ambiguous with Jump 1 or 2. This is good since is another way to do the setup.

insomnia_ftw

It's simple.. We normalize the superman.
Good shit. Now that we have multiple set ups like this, it would probably be very useful to cycle through them to keep the opponent guessing. All of them are pretty similar in damage output right?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I can get the link, but I can never get the cross-up to come out properly. It either whiffs entirely but gets me over them, or I land in front.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I mean on the cross-up j.2. Haha.
I do the j.3 sweep but the cross-up j.2 whiffs and I can't connect.
It doesn't whiff when I do a cross-up j.3 though.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I mean on the cross-up j.2. Haha.
I do the j.3 sweep but the cross-up j.3 whiffs and I can't connect
Do it like in the vid. Experiment with the timing. If you do it right then J2 will always cross unless done really deep.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
My bad, thought this was known. J3 can always combo into D3 except at certain ranges against grounded opponents.

JI3>D3 when you hit with the tip of J3 is actually a fairly decent mid range mixup since you can hit confirm the D3 and it leads to the same ambiguous mix up.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
My bad, thought this was known. J3 can always combo into D3 except at certain ranges against grounded opponents.

JI3>D3 when you hit with the tip of J3 is actually a fairly decent mid range mixup since you can hit confirm the D3 and it leads to the same ambiguous mix up.
What do you mean? this is not about j3 comboing into d3

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Yes, that's right. This is all about being able to go into the same ambiguous crossup setup but from a BnB which does not make it stance dependent like Cat's.
True. I messed with that a while back (Was trying it off of teeth loops) but didn't find it to be too great since good wakeups blow the entire setup to hell and you have to sacrifice some damage to set it up regardless of what combo you started with, not to mention I feel we have better traps/resets than this off of combos.

That said this is a useful thing to know/mix in.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
True. I messed with that a while back (Was trying it off of teeth loops) but didn't find it to be too great since good wakeups blow the entire setup to hell and you have to sacrifice some damage to set it up regardless of what combo you started with, not to mention I feel we have better traps/resets than this off of combos.

That said this is a useful thing to know/mix in.
This is a much better midscreen ender vs characters with weak wakeup games such as Batman.