What's new

Breakthrough Huge new ambiguous crossup tech

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
First of all, a fuck you to my PC for crashing when I was writing this thread for over an hour and losing everything, fuck you.

Basically, Joker can start a combo from J2 32 MB RLG B3 dash under the opponent and then sweep.

After the sweep, there's a window where J2 will always crossup, when that window ends J2 will no longer crossup. What you wanna do is take advantage of that window, shorten it as much as you can to make the crossup that much harder to deal with.

This crossup, if you don't wakeup, leads to a guaranteed jump in.

When it comes to wakeups, the only wakeups which escape this setup are fast advancing invincible ones e.g corp charge, batman slide, superman dash punch, nightwing flying grayson, doomsday air venom, a.k.a baitable.

What all these wakeups have in common is that they're all punishable on a read while they can't punish you on wakeup. Why? Because if you do the early jump and make J2 crossup, the game will NOT autocorrect in the right direction, make your J2 hit the air and their wakeup will go the opposite direction. This means that wakeups such as GL lift or sinestros arachnid will ALWAYS whiff if you do the J2 early since they will come out on the wrong direction. Some wakeups that seemingly would work against this early J2 e.g GL turbine, NW twirly wirly, Aquaman water shield will either whiff, be hit out of or be hit out of after the invincibility frames are up due to slow ass startup.

When it comes to choosing to wakeup. You opponent cannot see you jump and then wakeup on reaction because they will have eaten up all the invincibility frames with their hesitation, they either wakeup or block the ambiguous crossup. This opens up the option to bait wakeups that would escape the ambiguous crossup setup and full combo punish.

Early J2

Will crossup
Will screw up wakeup direction
Will not be hit by any wakeup in the game

Late J2

Susceptible to wakeups
Will not cross up

When you do this setup you should wait until almost the "J2 will crossup" window is up so your jump will be extremely ambiguous, I guarantee you, if you do this right, you'll be the only one who knows which direction you'll hit simply because you'll have so much practice doing it properly.

This is a vortex on 12/28 characters in the game. They legitimately cannot escape it.

fuck this, here we go again with the extremely long ass tag list i have to re-tag

Cat
StevoSuprem0
laudanum09
AK-Israel
B W1zZ
Jack White
@whitecard
lorenzo
MetaSkipper
Gilbagz
OmegaK
Dr Jackal
Comrade_Aleksey
PerrySenchals
Gysbert
Chill1208
giantqtipz
FixdSwine

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
So this is what I posted in the other thread but with a sweep added in to make it a hard KD, right? Good shit :)
This crossup, if you don't wakeup, leads to a guaranteed jump in.
Also, little confused when you talk about you waking up; do you just mean jumping in as soon as you stand up from sweep, or was that a "you" instead of a "they"?
When it comes to wakeups, the only wakeups which escape this setup are fast advancing invincible ones e.g corp charge, batman slide, superman dash punch, nightwing flying grayson, doomsday air venom.
Did you try it on black adam's lightning cage (or whatever it's called)? That hits in a sphere, so that will probably catch you either way unless you are just barely in a safe point above him (which is a very small area in Joker's jump).

Either way, I'm diggin it.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
So this is what I posted in the other thread but with a sweep added in to make it a hard KD, right? Good shit :)

Also, little confused when you talk about you waking up; do you just mean jumping in as soon as you stand up from sweep, or was that a "you" instead of a "they"?

Did you try it on black adam's lightning cage (or whatever it's called)? That hits in a sphere, so that will probably catch you either way unless you are just barely in a safe point above him (which is a very small area in Joker's jump).

Either way, I'm diggin it.
hadnt seen the setup, just thought id milk out B3, idea first came to me from trying out new combos in B3 J3 sweep

Yeah, i was talking incase the reader was the victim.

BA is a special case, you have to bait lightning cage the same way you'd bait an advancing wakeup, unless you do a non crossup J2 it will hit you, even if you do an empty jump into neutral J2

StevoSuprem0

hadnt seen the setup, just thought id milk out B3, idea first came to me from trying out new combos in B3 J3 sweep

Yeah, i was talking incase the reader was the victim.

BA is a special case, you have to bait lightning cage the same way you'd bait an advancing wakeup, unless you do a non crossup J2 it will hit you, even if you do an empty jump into neutral J2
Yeah on lightning cage I just keep a decent distance, throw a far teeth, and jump in for a teeth loop when he's done.
And yeah, not trying to take credit or anything haha, just threw this up a few days ago and tagged you in the other thread, post #34:
http://testyourmight.com/threads/joker-teeth-combos-and-setups.35419/page-2
Good find man, getting a hard KD in there is sick.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Yeah on lightning cage I just keep a decent distance, throw a far teeth, and jump in for a teeth loop when he's done.
itd be much better to either do the standard 323 teeth ender or if you desperately want the setup damage B3 far teeth MB F3/ dash J3 50/50

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Might i add this is ridiculously difficult to defend against and you can loop it like a true vortex over and over, havent had a victim to test this on but UsedForGlue will taste this soon

StevoSuprem0

They can block out, of course, though, so it's not KF level shit since our only low threat after the jump in is about 12% damage total, but it's definitely nice to keep the pressure on.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
They can block out, of course, though, so it's not KF level shit since our only low threat after the jump in is about 12% damage total, but it's definitely nice to keep the pressure on.
At least this setup makes up for it in every other matchup, you cant believe how hard it is to defend against, been doing and writing about it for 3 hours and i still can only make it work 70% of the time.

now imagine someone who hasnt played joker and doesnt even know the timing, doomsday earthshake, 10 times as difficult to defend against, 6x the damage.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
great work Qwark Kent Qwark28

now i wanna find more ambiguous lex setups. i vaguely remember reading about one i didn't test myself. labwork must be done!

StevoSuprem0

itd be much better to either do the standard 323 teeth ender or if you desperately want the setup damage B3 far teeth MB F3/ dash J3 50/50
...what? I'm talking about when BA is waking up from something. If you follow up with 323 the wakeup is getting you... or am I misunderstanding? What I'm saying is, rather than move in when you read it coming, just toss teeth while they are inputing the wakeup, then jump in as it goes off and go for it. It tends to work and is a free 53-58% depending on which one you do, or can just start one of these mixups/vortexes we're coming across.

This is awesome I really wish this game would get rid of the change stance button in favor of a dash forward button which would make combos like this a million times easier but w.e. I've pulled this off twice now with the AI gonna practice some more and I'll get back to you with how it works online or in my local matches as soon as I master it (which could take a while :p)

StevoSuprem0

When you say "(not) cross up," do you mean relative to before the dash or after (just before you jump)?
Yeah I wasn't finding a time when it didn't cross up regardless of my timing when I tried it out real fast, but maybe that's just me... only did it for a few minutes.

Edit: nevermind, doesn't cross up if you start to let them kinda stand up. I was just doing it too fast. Was thinking it varied based on when you dash, not the jump. Misread:rolleyes:
He means relative to before the dash; after you dash under the b3 you have two options:
jump in quickly -> leads to cross up (relative to where you jumped from; will be same side you started combo on)
delay jump in slightly -> will not cross up (will be on opposite side from where you started combo)

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
When you say "(not) cross up," do you mean relative to before the dash or after (just before you jump)?
it depends on how much you let them recover, when theyre getting up you go over them, when theyve almost got up their head hitbox gets in the way and you dont cross them