What's new

Video/Tutorial New midscreen ambiguous crossup tech

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Another good way to get into the sweep crossup tech. The problem is wakeups tend to beat these out for the most part, accept in some matchups, because the crossup occurs late and their inputs are usually not reversed or the move auto adjusts (at least in my experience against supes/bats/BA/GL/etc). Good work as usual though Qwark.
Finally finished up my thesis today, so looking forward to hitting the lab again!

Fromundaman

I write too much.
The slide is -65 on whiff. You can dash in and 11 MB RLG anyway or get a free jump in. Guaranteed. And it isn't even invincible IIRC.
We're kind of arguing in circles and honestly that wasn't at all my goal.
What you say is true, but here's the thing: If you committed to a jump in 2 and buffer your next attack for a combo/blockstring and he uses the startup invul to go through it, you can't react to it in time to punish.

Now yes, if read, it's highly punishable and yes I know it's not a good wakeup.
This is also a good set up, which is not something I was denying.

That said, this IS escapable by everyone if they know how to and while it's a great mixup, I wouldn't use it regularly since if you do, your opponent should figure out how to get out of it fairly quickly.

Gilbagz

Joker here~
What you say is true, but here's the thing: If you committed to a jump in 2 and buffer your next attack for a combo/blockstring and he uses the startup invul to go through it, you can't react to it in time to punish.

That said, this IS escapable by everyone if they know how to and while it's a great mixup, I wouldn't use it regularly since if you do, your opponent should figure out how to get out of it fairly quickly.
CHIME!
My teeth set up midscreen safe jumps Batman's slide with the unblockable teeth :D
If you mistime the slide does catch you, but otherwise. One knockdown and batman gets reset for 80% min. If he tries to wake up slide we block and punish.
He can get out by tech rolling though :)

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

This IS meant to be used one in a while indeed.

I noticed the setup, I recorded it, that's all there is to it, I'll test it more later to see what more can be gotten out of it.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
We should combine these into a single thread for the ambiguous crossup. I think there are like 4 separate threads for it now. Use your mod connections Qwark.