What's new

New Hip-Hop Legends (2013)

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
This sums up the current state of hip hop..

"Damn right I kiss my daddy. I think they pissed at how rich my daddy is, and I'm his kid I stunt with my daddy. Call Ms. Le she with my daddy. So diss me, and don't my daddy kuz who was there when no one wasn't? Just my daddy. Who said that I'll be the one? Just daddy. So who be there when I see the money? Just my daddy. Hello Hip-Hop I'm home. It's your daddy." - Lil Tunechi

Koor

Hot Gyahbage
Thought i'd drop this masterpiece in here seein as this guy is the only true hiphop artist of the 21st century :joker:

nwo

Noob
In all seriousness...this song is from like 2007, its far from mainstream garbage and still has over 15 million views, so there is hope.

187x

Noob
In all seriousness...this song is from like 2007, its far from mainstream garbage and still has over 15 million views, so there is hope.

the song is from 2001. He has way more better songs aswell.
Listen to these

The third world
the cause of death
industrial revolution
the point of no return
obnoxious
dominat species
Peruvian Cocaine
bin laden /bin laden remix
etc etc

You should listen to the whole revolutionary album 1 and 2

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
RA The Rugged Man is one of my favorites too. He was on soundbombing with Rawkus (great albums by the way) Nice mix of dope artists.

nwo

Noob
the song is from 2001. He has way more better songs aswell.
Listen to these

The third world
the cause of death
industrial revolution
the point of no return
obnoxious
dominat species
Peruvian Cocaine
bin laden /bin laden remix
etc etc

You should listen to the whole revolutionary album 1 and 2
From 2001? Then maybe there isn't much hope. That song is real as hell, I should have known better.

REYTHEGREAT

This thread is getting off topic. People are listing some great musicians but most of them are not NEW. They either been in the game for a long time or passed away. This thread is for NEW HIP HOP LEGENDS.

CamChattic

Eternal Champion of Justice
"Damn right I kiss my daddy. I think they pissed at how rich my daddy is, and I'm his kid I stunt with my daddy. Call Ms. Le she with my daddy. So diss me, and don't my daddy kuz who was there when no one wasn't? Just my daddy. Who said that I'll be the one? Just daddy. So who be there when I see the money? Just my daddy. Hello Hip-Hop I'm home. It's your daddy." - Lil Tunechi
Best rapper from New Orleans

Featuring lyrics from philly's finest
Shout outs to gillie the kid
Definitely a technical traditionalist rapper I fucks with him

Pretty much the only legend in my eyes coming from the last 10 15 years is Kanye West now yeezus was indeed wack and watch the throne pretty much put him on a path to making generic trap shit but each album he made prior was a slice of his life put on display. Even mbdtf which was more about fame and money it was an honest display of how it had corrupted and changed him he pulled no punches and kept it very personal. He just enough wordplay to exert his own style but exerted his feelings in a way I can only compare to the likes of tupac. His social commentary was not as direct as pacs but deep none the less.

There's a lot of new young guys that could have some potential cole and drake are talented but are still to self absorbed in their content to really lead the game and be called legends. Honestly I look forward to Kendrick's work as we see him develop my only thing with him is he's getting really open to doing more poppy records and I don't wanna see that overshadow his message.

187x

Noob
From 2001? Then maybe there isn't much hope. That song is real as hell, I should have known better.
the song was in his revolutionary vol.1 album, the album is from 2001. His latest album the
The Martyr is from 2011

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I'll get back on topic here. :) Lately my friend has been telling me to listen to Joey Badass. Haven't listened to too much of him yet, but so far so good. Check him out if you haven't yet.

Certainly not a legend, but he's recent.

I'll get back on topic here. :) Lately my friend has been telling me to listen to Joey Badass. Haven't listened to too much of him yet, but so far so good. Check him out if you haven't yet.

Certainly not a legend, but he's recent.

You've got a good taste in hip hop sir. The latest collaboration album between Killer Mike and El-P (Run the Jewels), which is one of the better releases of the year (link is the full album):

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
So the new school of Legends in my opinion is Drake, Nicki Minaj, Kendrick Lamar, J-Cole, Wale.
I named these people because they have sold records, and have some hits. Do you feel like Hip-Hop is heading in a good direction? I do.

What are some new artist you like? Do you think they'll big superstars 5 years from now?
I feel Hip Hop is heading in a horrible direction........