What's new

Tech New GINORMOUS Tech BA

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Cause she has an overhead/low mixup that you couldnt escape off of it. Black Adam has no such nonsense. This is the only way he gets guaranteed options on block which involve 0 high/low mixups.

He does have an unescapable 50/50 off this and the 113 version as well dude. It's just not high/low.

***113xxtrait or 112trait on block then....****

1. grab >> If it works they take the damage from the trait and the grab which nets about 20%. If they break the grab they still take the trait damage.

2. B23 overhead string >> The opponent is jailed in blockstun so you can't backdash out. It's a true safe 50/50 mixup between trying to minimize damage by breaking a grab or trying to block the overhead. If you go for the grab break read then you eat the B23 into full combo damage.

The safest option would be to not try to break the grab and try to block the divekick as best as possible because of the fear of the 48% combo he gets from that. Either option is safe too. Even worst he is + after the B23 option.

The crossup stuff is cute, yea. But the point is that you're at so much + on block after the trait cancel that you could literally do anything AND the trait is active in your face.

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
Your fears are making me feel better about this tech, but It hasn't even been put in use and you already talk about fixing it wtf. However I can see from your point of view AK Smarrgasm because before, people said that one of BA's biggest weaknesses was his lack of mixups. This is a truly powerful tool but I rather we explore than shoot out reasons to ban it.

I still need people to test on more characters to see which ones get hit by which jumping attacks.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
He does have an unescapable 50/50 off this and the 113 version as well dude. It's just not high/low.

***113xxtrait or 112trait on block then....****

1. grab >> If it works they take the damage from the trait and the grab which nets about 20%. If they break the grab they still take the trait damage.

2. B23 overhead string >> The opponent is jailed in blockstun so you can't backdash out. It's a true safe 50/50 mixup between trying to minimize damage by breaking a grab or trying to block the overhead. If you go for the grab break read then you eat the B23 into full combo damage.

The safest option would be to not try to break the grab and try to block the divekick as best as possible because of the fear of the 48% combo he gets from that. Either option is safe too. Even worst he is + after the B23 option.

The crossup stuff is cute, yea. But the point is that you're at so much + on block after the trait cancel that you could literally do anything AND the trait is active in your face.
You can tech the grab on reaction, trust me. People that i play a lot do it constantly. There is no guaranteed combo granting mixup from this stuff except the crossover divekick stuff which you can plainly see i am against him being able to do.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
This stuff has been known, you can look back over the forums here, like i said we just never really expanded on it like this.

How does black adam NEED this? He was already cried about being top 1-3 in the game without people abusing this broken shit. How do you think people are going to feel once they start getting hit by the dumbest guessing game that can be done every 5 seconds if black adam lands a jump in which is so easy to do in this game. Keep saying he needs it just like cyrax needs the guaranteed resets and Kabal needs every tool in the game in MK.

34% is if they dont block your mixup in which you have to use a meter. If they unblock trying to block an instant crossover divekick they will unblock against black adam in his face which he will then just hit them and do 46% no meter off a b2 or 44% off a 6 frame jab.

Also, how are you gonna say the drawbacks are having to use trait and meter with a character that builds meter insanely fast and gets his trait back every 5 seconds (something people already cry about). The trait will do 5% on block so its not like youre wasting it anyway.

Like am i the only one who thinks having a divekick crossup is messed up and not something we could look at and be like, "Oh that seems fair"

Qwark28 Joker8417 Error
ive been saying this character is completely retarded since 2 months in the game, proof for me was all over evo brackets

while supermen need decent spacing at least for f23, everyone can play black adam

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Your fears are making me feel better about this tech, but It hasn't even been put in use and you already talk about fixing it wtf. However I can see from your point of view AK Smarrgasm because before, people said that one of BA's biggest weaknesses was his lack of mixups. This is a truly powerful tool but I rather we explore than shoot out reasons to ban it.

I still need people to test on more characters to see which ones get hit by which jumping attacks.
Dude, it took me 5 minutes to use similar stuff in actual games on the guys in Atlanta (which was a week ago so dont tell me i stole it or didnt know about it). Its not hard to learn, and it can be done off of almost anything and its not necessary.

AK Pig Of The Hut AK Reno_Racks Do you ever feel like youll block the stuff i showed you on tuesday?

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
You can tech the grab on reaction, trust me. People that i play a lot do it constantly. There is no guaranteed combo granting mixup from this stuff except the crossover divekick stuff which you can plainly see i am against him being able to do.

Dude, I play Tekken where the break window is even bigger and let me tell you that even the most godly of FG players won't tech this 100% of the time, lets be real now. Grabs in this game are active in 10frames (lower than Tekken) and the window is smaller than in Tekken. In this game they are just tons more easy to read.

Even if someone does break the grab every single time they are still eating the free trait damage off the grab break too.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
ive come to the point where i want black adam to become bottom 5 just to see if anyone will stay devoted to this char

Vocket

Damn this thread is getting more heated every minute, I want everyone to spill their secret BA tech, and then we can see how truly broken this dictator is. I love BA, and he seemed to have glaring weaknesses but they are disappearing with every discovery. Personally, BA is better to watch than superman.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Dude, I play Tekken where the break window is even bigger and let me tell you that even the most godly of FG players won't tech this 100% of the time, lets be real now. Grabs in this game are active in 10frames (lower than Tekken) and the window is smaller than in Tekken.

Even if someone does break the grab every single time they are still eating the free trait damage off the grab break too.
I get what you are saying and thats really good, i use it a lot. Im just saying its not like i get a 50/50 vortex off of it. I get either a grab, or more pressure.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Dude, I play Tekken where the break window is even bigger and let me tell you that even the most godly of FG players won't tech this 100% of the time, lets be real now. Grabs in this game are active in 10frames (lower than Tekken) and the window is smaller than in Tekken. In this game they are just tons more easy to read.

grabs in this game are very easy to tech because they come from specific setups within a specific time window

i cant break throws to save my life and ill even admit its easy when you learn it

i play with people who cant be thrown, ever.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Dude, it took me 5 minutes to use similar stuff in actual games on the guys in Atlanta (which was a week ago so dont tell me i stole it or didnt know about it). Its not hard to learn, and it can be done off of almost anything and its not necessary.

AK Pig Of The Hut AK Reno_Racks Do you ever feel like youll block the stuff i showed you on tuesday?
i feel like anyone who doubts you can view our matches before everyone got there on the archive

Error

DF2+R2
The only character who gets away with a lot of throws is Martian Manhands because it has huge range and the camera doesn't zoom in.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
grabs in this game are very easy to tech because they come from specific setups within a specific time window

i cant break throws to save my life and ill even admit its easy when you learn it

i play with people who cant be thrown, ever.

I do too, and I break almost every grab done on me also because my training partners are Tekken players aswell, but what is unexplored by many people in this game is baiting out grab breaks and instead going for a full combo.

The setup off the 113trait is one of these setups where you could bait the grab-break into a full damage combo because all the + on block. But in general just walking into someone's face with an obvious intention of grabbing but then just 11xx(laucher-special) or D1xx(launcher-special) will snuff them clean out of a grab-break attempt and lead into a full combo.

It's just like SF4 in some ways where you could go for full damage combos by trying to bait crouch-techs.

Vocket

Oh and can someone test this tech on the dlc characters. I am not going to buy them until they are cheaper since I am not interested in most of them. (plus I bought the wiiu edition which has shit online and no people to play with)

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I do too, and I break almost every grab done on me also because my training partners are Tekken players aswell, but what is unexplored by many people in this game is baiting out grab breaks and instead going for a full combo.

The setup off the 113trait is one of these setups where you could bait the grab-break into a full damage combo because all the + on block. But in general just walking into someone's face with an obvious intention of grabbing but then just 11xx(laucher-special) or D1xx(launcher-special) will snuff them clean out of a grab-break attempt and lead into a full combo.

It's just like SF4 in some ways where you could go for full damage combos by trying to bait crouch-techs.
in SF4 you can bait techs because theyll be extending a normal, in this game you can tech on reaction to the close up animation

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Zod waves HI
Also, yea, look at AK Pig Of The Hut 's Zod lately. How many times do you think he opens people up for free because they expect him to go for a grab from his "surprise dash forward" mixups as Zod.

People go for the grab-break and they end up eating a full juggle from him. I saw it all night last streamed tourny they had over there at AZ.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?

In this game you grab break with the grab button. All you do is react to the camera zooming in while still blocking and hit the grab button. Theres no risk unless you arent used to it and just let go of block to mash tech which is just asking to get combo'd.

Like Qwark said in the other games teching is much riskier cause of the mechanic to break.