What's new

Tech New GINORMOUS Tech BA

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
in SF4 you can bait techs because theyll be extending a normal, in this game you can tech on reaction to the close up animation

In Sf4 crouch teching extends a limb yea, but what you have to note is that even standing grabs are active up close off the 2nd frame. There isn't an extended hurtbox that lingers. For Injustice and Tekken there is a gap where the grab isn't active yet, it's not instant. That means there is a gap where you could get slapped out of the grab attempt or grab-break.

And if you react to an extending arm it could just end up being a normal so you could also just get slapped out of the grab-break. I'm telling you, its a very viable thing that people dont abuse because there are better options most of the time for alot of characters.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
In Sf4 crouch teching extends a limb yea, but what you have to note is that even standing grabs are active up close off the 2nd frame. There isn't an extended hurtbox that lingers. For Injustice and Tekken there is a gap where the grab isn't active yet, it's not instant. That means there is a gap where you could get slapped out of the grab attempt or grab-break.

And if you react to an extending arm it could just end up being a normal so you could also just get slapped out of the grab-break. I'm telling you, its a very viable thing that people dont abuse because there are better options most of the time for alot of characters.
you dont react to the arm, you react to the close up cutscene animation

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
you dont react to the arm, you react to the close up cutscene animation

Like I said before, because it's 10 frames no one will 100% of time be breaking grabs on reaction because of the break window + the startup frames. Tekken has even wonkier camera switches to grab attempts and the window is way bigger.

Either way, I'm done, I dont think we're getting anywhere and we're almost going on a full page talking about grabs lol.

All I gotta say is that the Black Adam "Grab or B23" off the 113/112xxtrait is a true mixup.... try it on all your friends after explaining it to them in full detail beforehand and you'll see they will still get mixuped and not break the grab 100% of the time for fear of the B23 and will end up eating the B23 sometimes because of a grab-break attempt.

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
Like I said before, because it's 10 frames no one will 100% of time be breaking grabs on reaction because of the break window + the startup frames. Tekken has even wonkier camera switches to grab attempts and the window is way bigger.

Either way, I'm done, I dont think we're getting anywhere and we're almost going on a full page talking about grabs lol.

All I gotta say is that the Black Adam "Grab or B23" off the 113/112xxtrait is a true mixup.... try it on all your friends after explaining it to them in full detail beforehand and you'll see they will still get mixuped and not break the grab 100% of the time for fear of the B23.
Even if you can't tech on reaction every sane person would then just take the grab and the 20% than the full combo. (which is still a stupid amount of damage for a block string)

PUSH BLOCK THE FUCKING STRING!!! NOW... SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT THIS BEING BROKE.

BTW... Black Adam risks a lot by trying to come in for a 50/50 that is just gonna get push blocked. he mess up while coming in, he dies. he starts the mix up, push blocked and he gets nothing.

This is NOT broken.

Also... SHUT THE FUCK UP WITH.. "Black Adam now beats every character"

THIS IS THE SADEST DAY IN TYM HISTORY... FIRST SHAZAM PLAYERS MAKE A THREAD ASKING FOR 26 BUFFS AND NOW THIS SHIT..

Now I'm going to go throw up in my mouth and go to bed.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
PUSH BLOCK THE FUCKING STRING!!! NOW... SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT THIS BEING BROKE.

BTW... Black Adam risks a lot by trying to come in for a 50/50 that is just gonna get push blocked. he mess up while coming in, he dies. he starts the mix up, push blocked and he gets nothing.

This is NOT broken.

THIS IS THE SADEST DAY IN TYM HISTORY... FIRST SHAZAM PLAYERS MAKE A THREAD ASKING FOR 26 BUFFS AND NOW THIS SHIT..

Okay so you want people to waste meter pushblocking adam on the hope he might cancel into trait and go for this?

I DONT EVEN NEED TRAIT TO DO IT.

Youre also telling people to push block Black Adam, a character notorious for people hating to chase after and a character that can run away forever. Brady, next time you see Rico, go into training mode and try to block this stuff, i bet you will see the light.

Basically, you just said "Hey, its okay cause pushblock" that is not an option against Black Adam for most characters cause it will lead to their death since he is one of the best turtle/runaway characters in the game.

Whats your magical solution for when a character cant just pushblock him or when they pushblock him and hes back in almost instantly with trait still available?

I know you dont want people to cry about this and im just saying looking at this as someone who plays Black Adam, this is not something that should happen. Thats all i am saying. It does happen though which is why im giving my opinion on it and people will ultimately do the same.

Rico can show you, he doesnt even need trait for this, he can do it off any string and in the corner its absolutely deadly.

-Youre telling people to pushblock black adam every single time he touches you which you will never have the ability to do and all it does is play into his hands. Can you seriously suggest that is the answer to this? Just pushblock? You sound like someone saying lift Killer Frost on reaction to slide or just MB B3 scorpions teleport on reaction...

Okay so you want people to waste meter pushblocking adam on the hope he might cancel into trait and go for this?

I DONT EVEN NEED TRAIT TO DO IT.

Youre also telling people to push block Black Adam, a character notorious for people hating to chase after and a character that can run away forever. Brady, next time you see Rico, go into training mode and try to block this stuff, i bet you will see the light.

Basically, you just said "Hey, its okay cause pushblock" that is not an option against Black Adam for most characters cause it will lead to their death since he is one of the best turtle/runaway characters in the game.

Whats your magical solution for when a character cant just pushblock him or when they pushblock him and hes back in almost instantly?

I know you dont want people to cry about this and im just saying looking at this as someone who plays Black Adam, this is not something that should happen. Thats all i am saying. It does happen though which is why im giving my opinion on it and people will ultimately do the same.

Rico can show you, he doesnt even need trait for this, he can do it off any string and in the corner its absolutely deadly.

I fight BA just fine. Yes, Rico beat me 2 sets after i beat him and sent him to losers, but that was Rico playing better and not BA. I dgaf about BA, let him run, or let him come in.. doesnt matter to me. people need to learn to deal with him better. I block every BA player just fine these days..

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
I fight BA just fine. Yes, Rico beat me 2 sets after i beat him and sent him to losers, but that was Rico playing better and not BA. I dgaf about BA, let him run, or let him come in.. doesnt matter to me. people need to learn to deal with him better. I block every BA player just fine these days..
I wasnt attack you as a player, Im saying Rico hasnt even used this stuff against people in tournament (he knows all about it cause he was the first to show me it and i refined it even more) and you want this tool to become available to all Black Adams?

I know you fight Adam just fine, we played in tournament at UFGT if you cant remember. I agree that people need to learn to deal with Adam better and stop crying, but this is not something you just deal with easily. It gives him the ability to do a left/right insanely fast and unseeable mixup off of almost anything while still having the threat of 46% meterless combos if you make the wrong move.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
only fucked up, truly fucked up thing about BA is the tech i just found, this is in no way broken, blockable on reaction depending on what the BA player will do or pushblock.

I wasnt attack you as a player, Im saying Rico hasnt even used this stuff against people in tournament (he knows all about it cause he was the first to show me it and i refined it even more) and you want this tool to become available to all Black Adams?

I know you fight Adam just fine, we played in tournament at UFGT if you cant remember. I agree that people need to learn to deal with Adam better and stop crying, but this is not something you just deal with easily. It gives him the ability to do a left/right insanely fast and unseeable mixup off of almost anything while still having the threat of 46% meterless combos if you make the wrong move.

The game is still being discovered. Everyone has fucked up shit.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
only fucked up, truly fucked up thing about BA is the tech i just found, this is in no way broken, blockable on reaction depending on what the BA player will do or pushblock.
All you have to do is remove the J1 and do instant divekick and its the same shit. Im not saying this tech is fucked up either.

Im saying the replicable ability to do crossup divekicks at any time when you are already at + frames in someones face with Black Adam is a little over the top. I found out how to consistently cause it off every single string and spacing tool and i showed it to the Atlanta guys but did not post it cause i knew exactly what it was and is.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
any mix up off of a 113~trait is avoided by push blocking the string. it is only fucked up if you have no meter.
pushblocking a string that might not even be traited or the followup can be done delayed so that you cant pushblock it.

the fact that you spend meter everytime BA lays a hand on you with this is insanely good and a borderline stupid mixup with this character when you dont.

ppl already needed their meter to get in and maybe stay in, now they gotta push themselves out while paying to do so, i love this.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
The game is still being discovered. Everyone has fucked up shit.
Alright then i guess we shall leave it at that for now.

I just dont wanna see my favorite character get roasted like scorpion did and them still not fix the true problem, which is the ability for divekick to crossover when done instantly and at the correct spacing. That is all im trying to stress here.

It seems however that it is inevitable and that Black Adam will get nerfed until everyones Jimmy's stop rustling and i will be playing Rain again.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
All you have to do is remove the J1 and do instant divekick and its the same shit. Im not saying this tech is fucked up either.

Im saying the replicable ability to do crossup divekicks at any time when you are already at + frames in someones face with Black Adam is a little over the top. I found out how to consistently cause it off every single string and spacing tool and i showed it to the Atlanta guys but did not post it cause i knew exactly what it was and is.
that is actually nothing new, its just that its never "guaranteed" because your opp can always do something and fuck it up accidentaly, this shit right here is guaranteed

i posted my setup not for BA players but for NRS mostly to know.

im telling u, this char will not end up well in the metagame, 4th month and shit like this is found.

Vocket

Don't forget the ability to do an instant cross up j2 into boot stomp.

Vocket

that is actually nothing new, its just that its never "guaranteed" because your opp can always do something and fuck it up accidentaly, this shit right here is guaranteed

i posted my setup not for BA players but for NRS mostly to know.

im telling u, this char will not end up well in the metagame, 4th month and shit like this is found.
Thanks for that thread btw inspired me to explore his retarded trait mix ups.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana

This is NOT broken.

STFU and give me back my trait cancels... YOU CAN PUSH BLOCK... so why the fuck did they take them away? smh

Alright then i guess we shall leave it at that for now.

I just dont wanna see my favorite character get roasted like scorpion did and them still not fix the true problem, which is the ability for divekick to crossover when done instantly and at the correct spacing. That is all im trying to stress here.

Scorpion got roasted because ppl could pick Scorpion and in 5 minutes beat top players 50-0. then, a month later, do the same thing without every evolving the strategy because it was so powerful that they dint have to. No one can pick up BA or any character right now an beat ppl so badly with only a few minutes of practice mode,

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Scorpion got roasted because ppl could pick Scorpion and in 5 minutes beat top players 50-0. then, a month later, do the same thing without every evolving the strategy because it was so powerful that they dint have to. No one can pick up BA or any character right now an beat ppl so badly with only a few minutes of practice mode,
that i agree with

but the same applied to kabal

STFU and give me back my trait cancels... YOU CAN PUSH BLOCK... so why the fuck did they take them away? smh

block infinite until trait was near full, then a guaranteed 50/50 with a safe low or adv overhead. When the 50/50 hit, she got a vortex where she could loop it again..

BA's trait wont loop.. not only that, but the reward for the cross up DK requires meter. KF could loop pressure and then 50/50 with juggle starters with no meter.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
block infinite until trait was near full, then a guaranteed 50/50 with a safe low or adv overhead.
Push...

Block...

KF overhead f3 is MINUS FUCKING FIVE

.............................................................!