What's new

Guide - Summoner New FULL guide for summoner Quan :D (Always changing!)

gibster13

A fan of fans
Summoner Guide (what I do) If you disagree plz tell me :D can't remember damage but these are the combos. This is for people who have asked me and hope you like. Please say if i have missed anything so i can add it in.

Best moves and strings
By far some of Quan chi's best moves are his D1,D3, B2, B3 , NJP2 , B1, 4. All these moves can be used constantly by Quan in order to win.
Moves
-B2 is a fast overhead with huge range and can be cancelled. This is a must in neutral !!!!!
-J1 is godlike
-B3 is a very fast low which leads to his B324 string. It can be cancelled. This is also launcher which means it puts people in the air.It doesn't have the best range so don't through it out. You must be careful when using this string because it is full combo punishable.
-D1 6f with a deceptive hitbox. -9 but rarely punished because of the speed of the move
-D3 is a great poking move in the neutral game. It is +15 on hit so after you can get a free B2 or B3
-NJP2/1 The best NJP in the game? If in doubt NJP it out. @michaelangelo is the best for this. so look at his gameplay
-B1 has mental range, not as good as B2 but is still very good. Sometimes I do a B12 and then load Puggles. This panics the opponent and because they fear the great Puggles they will try to block what is coming. This means you can get a 50/50 with B3 or B2
-4 is great in combos and leads to big damage. Do not throw it out unless in combos
-D2 only good if used in combos. Don't throw it out (sometimes yolo it),unless they like to jump. If you have puggles you can even combo of it.
Strings
-B324
is great. It can be cancelled. This is also launcher which means it puts people in the air.It doesn't have the best range so don't through it out. You must be careful when using this string because it is full combo punishable.
-B12 is good. I do a B12 and then load Puggles. This panics the opponent and because they fear the great Puggles they will try to block what is coming. This means you can get a 50/50 with B3 or B2
-12 is shockingly good. The second hit is a fast low and catches loads of people of guard. Do not abuse they will catch on. Then the stagger of 12 or 1 or 1 db3 (banta) can be done.
-141 is very very good. It puts the opponent into a hard knockdown. This means you can zone or load Puggles.
-f212 great for damage and chip

Combos
Summoner is beautiful for combos.

Midscreen

Meterless(no bat)
b2 bf3 db3 f212xxskull firebat dbf1 (28%)
b324 njp 4 bf3 db3 f212xxskull firebat dbf1 (36%)
BAT
Personally I always go for fullscreen carry when i have no meter
b2/b32 skull firebat dbf1

Metered(no bat)
b2 exdbb1 b2 bf3 db3 f212 skull firebat dbf1 (38%)
b32 exdbb1 b2 db3 f212 skull firebat dbf1 (38%)
BAT
b2 exdbb1 pugglesprojectilefireball run cancel 4 bf3 db3 f212 full dbf1 (42%)
b32 exdbb1 pugglesprojectilefireball run cancel 4 bf3 db3 f212 full dbf1 (41%)

Corner
meterless(no bat)
b2 bf3 db3 f212 skull firebat 1 1 141 (31%)
b324 njp 4 bf3 db3 f212 skull firebat 1 141 (37%)
BAT
HUGE DAMAGE!!!!
b2 skull firebat 4 njp 4 12 bf3 db3 f212 skull firebat 141 (53%) (The 12 after the 2nd s4 is hard but you will get used to it)

b32 skull firebat 4 njp 4 12 bf3 db3 f212 skull firebat 141 (49%)

Metered(no bat)
b2 exdbb1 njp 4 12 bf3 db3 f212 skull firebat 141 (45%)

b32 exdbb1 njp 4 12 bf3 db3 f212 skull firebat 141 (44%)
BAT
b2 skull firebat 4 njp 4 12 exdbb1 4 bf3 db3 f212 skull firebat 141 (60%)
b32 skull firebat 4 njp 4 12 exdbb1 4 bf3 db3 f212 skull firebat 141 58%)

Vortex game
d3,3,f12 and 4 all guarantee a 50/50. His vortex comes of any combo (the ones i have put) off a trance.
He can also hold b2 with low bat and use that to mixup the opponent. It comes of his b2 (overhead) or b3(low). You can also make them guess after an exrune which is +14. The opponent can back dash b2 and armour b32 ;-;. Check the attached videos and @shujinkydink thread on maximising the vortex.

It is the corner of death

Zoning
Quan chi's zoning is the best in the game. It comes from a mixture of skull(db2) air skull (db2 in the air), rune (db1 all distances), and puggles the bat.

Skull--keeps the opponent from running in and jumping if it is an air skull. It can be neutral ducked. 6%
rune db1--Insane and keeps the opponent in place. On hit and block it grants a free puggles load. It has to be mixed up with skull. 8%
Puggles the bat- Keeps the opponent from pressing buttons at all. It is insane and a huge mind game

Learn converts from full screen to get up to 30% fullscreen.
Puggles can give free interactables as well.

Strength and Weakness
Quan is mental to be honest. He doesn't really lack anything BUUUUTTT. He has the worst defence (when being pressured) in the game by a mile. Your on him ? he is fucked. This is why I feel some people are scared to play him. He does NOT need nerfs for this reason. Perhaps a damage DECREASE would be fair. Nothing else lets be serious and ignore the noobs.

His defensive options such as b2 ( space control for days), skulls (both ground and air(can't jump)) , rune (can't move and grants free shit from full screen) and Puggles means that getting in on him is extremely hard. You have to take your time and if all else fails, yolo, to get in and pressure him. He has the best defence when zoning and space control are taken into account.

Movement
Surprisingly for some, Quan Chi has decent overall movement. His run ( looks swag) is slightly above average and is good for in combos. His backdash is insane so, wakeup back dashing is a good option. Forwards dash is quick but doesn't cover too much ground.

Fundamentals
From mid screen off a trance ALWAYS end it db3 f212 skull firebat dbf1, for max damage. (if you want to combo this is). This is a confirm of trance. In the corner ALWAYS end it db3 f212 skull firebat 141, unless you feel the gravity of the combo is low because then you can do 1 141.

Interactable Use
I have been messing around with corner escapes using an intractable, Its a hard to block able as well :D It helps a bit and i have used it when i find space. Im still messing around with it but @STB Shujinkydink made a video on his channel with a ton of them.

thanks !!!!!!

@michaelangelo
@STB Shujinkydink
@General M2Dave
@YOMI REO
@any other quans
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqgIVC4qQYDk4_H3IRciGXA <- My YT where I post Quan matches or tech :p

Last edited:
Nice , looks well done , anyways i just wanted to post my own bnbs ( most are prolly covered but ill post them anyway)

Meterless without bat : b2 trance summon bat f2122 fl2 run 141

B324 trance njp run s4 trance summon bat slightly walk f212db2 l2 far rune , OR b324 S4 summon bat f2122 fl2 run 141.

Meterless with bat : b2 db2 bl2 dash (or run) b12 trance summon bat f212db2 l2 far rune. , (same for b32)

b324 njp fl2 run b2 trance summon bat f212 l2 far rune , now these might be non constent sometimes bl2 might whiff depending on the rangev( especially b32) so you could o this instead you could do.
: b2 close rune bl2 run b12 summon bat f212db2 l2 far rune.
Now for

1 bar no bat : b2 close rune ex run f12 summon bat walk f212db2 l2 far rune
Same for b32.

1 bar with bat : b2 ex close rune fl2 run b2 trance summon bat f212 db2 l2 far rune

unbreakable : b2 ex rune trance summon bat db2 l2 far rune.

Meterless no bar corner : b2 trance summon bat f2122 bl2 njp 1 , 1 141.

B324 njp s4 14 trance , summon bat f212 db2 l2 141

Meterless with bat :b2 db2 l2 4 , njp 4 trance summon bat f212 db2 141 50%
( same for b32)

Now if you want an easier one , b2 close rune bl2 njp 4. ,14 trance summon bat f212db2 l2 141.

1 meter no bat : b2 ex close rune njp 4 , 14. Trance summon bat f212 db2 l2 141

B324 njp 4 , 14 ex close rune. 4 trance summon bat f212 l2 141.

1 meter with bat
B2 db2 l2 , 4 , 4 ex db1 4 trance summon bat f212 db2 l2 141 ( do 14close rune for 61% 1 bar)

b2 , db2 l2 , 4 , njp 4 , 14 ex rune jip 14 trance summon bat s3 , (guess wrong = death (remove 14 ex rune if u wanna make it easier and do 4 ex rune instead) well i think thats all i know , i use all of these and they work out well for me.

Diego de Souza Costa

***The Soul Consuming Darkness***
Good shit breh.... i keep trying to find new characters to play (cuz Kenshi sux, and he's not fun) but, i always comeback for Summoner Quan... he's swaggy and fun as hell.... :3

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
His defence really isn't half as bad as most (down)players would say, I picked this variation because I feel he has the best defence in the game, Summoner is the same just no armour, his other defensive options are some of the best in the game. If the only defensive is play you ever want to use is "blindly throw out armor" you should pick a different character, because he is not at all balanced and undeniably needs to be toned down.

Otherwise nice guide, damage notations are important tho

gibster13

A fan of fans
His defence really isn't half as bad as most (down)players would say, I picked this variation because I feel he has the best defence in the game, Summoner is the same just no armour, his other defensive options are some of the best in the game. If the only defensive is play you ever want to use is "blindly throw out armor" you should pick a different character, because he is not at all balanced and undeniably needs to be toned down.

Otherwise nice guide, damage notations are important tho
Yeah im gonna put damage notations up. His defence is bad when talking about getting out of pressure but i understand what you are saying. He has the best defence mainly because his space control with b2 skulls and runes as well as the fear of puggles make him hard to get in on. I didn't make that clear in my guide soz I will change it

Last edited:

Blade4693

VIVIVI
So out of curiosity I decided tot take Summoner to the lab for the first time (and still am right now) and he is pretty hard to use lol summoning the bat before trance ends is hard (Or does it matter?), I also am not sure what bat im supposed to use in the combos (low, mid, fireball?) also those damn Runes are tricky lol getting them to come out at the right spot is hard, I wish they tracked instead having to do seperate inputs for close/mid/far XD

Last edited:

Krabman

Noob
So out of curiosity I decided tot take Summoner to the lab for the first time (and still am right now) and he is pretty hard to use lol summoning the bat before trance ends is tricky, I also am not sure what bat im supposed to use in the combos (Firebat, is that the fireball?) also those damn runes are tricky lol getting them to come out at the right spot is hard, I wish they tracked instead having to do seperate inputs for close/mid/far XD
once you find the right timing everything is super easy

Blade4693

VIVIVI
once you find the right timing everything is super easy
Yeah I am getting a little more comfortable with him, though I am struggling with utilizing the bat and the runes correctly. I guess it will take some time to get the hang of using them and putting them in combos. Do you know if it matters if trance ends before he recovers from the bat summon? Or do I need to get the bat out and recover before trance ends?

gibster13

A fan of fans
So out of curiosity I decided tot take Summoner to the lab for the first time (and still am right now) and he is pretty hard to use lol summoning the bat before trance ends is hard (Or does it matter?), I also am not sure what bat im supposed to use in the combos (Firebat, is that the fireball?) also those damn Runes are tricky lol getting them to come out at the right spot is hard, I wish they tracked instead having to do seperate inputs for close/mid/far XD
Just keep going over the combos. Don't expect to pick up a character straight away :) normally use the firebat in combos. Loading a bat in trance has to be done extremely quickly for it to work. Just keep at it and you will get there.

gibster13

A fan of fans
Yeah I am getting a little more comfortable with him, though I am struggling with utilizing the bat and the runes correctly. I guess it will take some time to get the hang of using them and putting them in combos. Do you know if it matters if trance ends before he recovers from the bat summon? Or do I need to get the bat out and recover before trance ends?
The bar must be out because you can combo after when they are still in the trance state. This is vital to learn for it leads to huge damage or his vortex