What's new

New features coming to Mk11 shortly after launch

All this wishful thinking. They will release content for about a year, do a few balance patches then it’s on to injustice 3 for them.

Boon infamously said they are breaking the cycle. How exactly? I2 lost support after a year and here we are with another game.

It’s all smoke and mirrors. Do you think WB executives care about keeping a game alive for more than two years$$$$$$

If NRS gives you everything they had in MKX/I2 on release, you still want everything else they have planned out the same day?

Wow!

They're not going to release a barebones version (*cough* SFV *cough*) and slowly add to that, it's NRS - Every single game they've released has had a shit tonne of content. This time it seems they're doing that... and more again!
When I pay for a game I expect it to be complete at release. I don't mind having extra content a year after the release, but not a month or two after the initial release.
Adding stuff later to "support" the game is an excuse, and developers tend to use it to release their game earlier like Capcom did for SFV.

Capcom also did the same marketing move with RE2R, they added a "free DLC" one month after the release of the game so people would think "Capcom is not that bad after all", while the DLC was just cut content from the final game.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I would actually love this. Especially if they used the puzzle Kombat asthetic where the cards fought each other. I played more Gwent in Witcher 3 than I did the actual game though...so there's that.
I hear you and raise you this:

The krypt is in 3rd person, you can choose any character to roam around with and play all kinds of games against other characters, BUT, you can only play Texas Hold 'em against Erron Black.

Burn2019

Noob
Honestly this shows how people react totally differently based on the context in which something is announced.

If they’d listed certain features for release, and then had to delay them, people would be crying bloody murder and threatening to boycott. But if you say that those features are planned post-release support of the game, everyone’s happy and they see it as the developer giving tons of extra stuff to the community after launch.

Likewise the silliness over the Amplify inputs wouldn’t even be an issue if they hadn’t trusted the community to see it while it was still being prototyped. Everyone would have been fine with Anplify as is, and likely not a single person would have complained.

It’s pretty crazy how PR can shape public reaction to certain things. Really interesting to watch.
To the public, consciously or not, it informs them how good (or otherwise) NRS are at their jobs.

If they’re decent planners then they can say “x, y, z” will be in. And it will be in. This skill will also reflect on other aspects of the product- how polished it is, network coding, balancing, support.

If they’re poor at their job, and things get delayed because of bad planning, then this will also reflect in other aspects of the product.

It isn’t just “good PR handling,” on a very real level it informs us of NRS’ abilities and the quality of product they want a lot of money for.

When I pay for a game I expect it to be complete at release. I don't mind having extra content a year after the release, but not a month or two after the initial release.
So you would prefer them to release on June 23 for something that may be a questionable extra mode, despite the fact there will already be a crap load of content in the game? You're happy to miss out on 2 months of single player content, online play, combo "labbing", character customisation, story mode for "something". Just so you can say "i got what i paid for!"

While i understand the logic, it seems counter intuitive given you're already getting a lot to play with day1, and even moreso if it comes as a free DLC/update.

If anything it's better, as it gives you time to delve into everything else, then move on to the new "whatever" after the sheen has rubbed off everything else.

No, there's something else coming, completely independent of the Krypt.

Previous NRS games have only had skins/characters/stages/balance changes as post-launch content. MK11 will have something else.
MKX Had a new netcode post launch
Injustice 2 had a new tutorial and a FT3 Rank mode added that's without counting separating the competitive modes from the casual ones.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
MKX Had a new netcode post launch
Injustice 2 had a new tutorial and a FT3 Rank mode added that's without counting separating the competitive modes from the casual ones.
They also patched in augments and a legendary gear piece to unlock from doing the insanely grindy legendary multiverse.
Raised the character level cap to 30 as well (only trophy I don't have lol)

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
They also patched in augments and a legendary gear piece to unlock from doing the insanely grindy legendary multiverse.
Raised the character level cap to 30 as well (only trophy I don't have lol)
Legendary multiverse was a stupid waste of time if you ask me. Endless grind, the time one can spend training online and there is noway to use gear in tournament mode (fortunately)