What's new

New features coming to Mk11 shortly after launch

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Well, making Legendary Gear and having people level to 30 in inj2 was a fairly big update. The game didn't feel incomplete without it but it was a fun, free, addition.

This sounds like something bigger than that, I'm interested in hearing about it. I'm much more interested in having the launch game be worth $60, but it's NRS and I think so far they all have been.

In 2019 pre order bonuses, random loot, and post launch content are all red flags but have potential to be positives for the game as well.

I prefer to have everything on release...
If NRS gives you everything they had in MKX/I2 on release, you still want everything else they have planned out the same day?

Wow!

They're not going to release a barebones version (*cough* SFV *cough*) and slowly add to that, it's NRS - Every single game they've released has had a shit tonne of content. This time it seems they're doing that... and more again!

Burn2019

Noob
Is it weird that this is already my favorite game ever made and it hasn't come out yet?
Weird? No. But if you’re speaking the literal truth, you’re easily fooled and very unintelligent.

You have no idea how it feels to play, it’s balancing, it’s future support, value for money, other modes, even all its characters. To say it’s already better than EVERY OTHER GAME you’ve ever played is simply stupid.

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
I'm happy they plan on supporting the game and adding more features after release . . . but it'll prolly be something minuscule that barely anyone will care about.

Though if its something like Chess Kombat, or similar fun minigame/modes then that'll be awesome, bring a lot more life to the game than just the fighting aspect, especially when playing with others in person.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Weird? No. But if you’re speaking the literal truth, you’re easily fooled and very unintelligent.

You have no idea how it feels to play, it’s balancing, it’s future support, value for money, other modes, even all its characters. To say it’s already better than EVERY OTHER GAME you’ve ever played is simply stupid.
I don't think it's that deep, sis.

Burn2019

Noob
It means lighten up....

I'm just excited. Geez.

It's as if I said something was hilarious and you respond with:
"That's just stupid. How could something so common bring you to the state of hilarity. You must be a simpleton! Huff puff Hmph."

Great way to buzzkill.
Which is why I said, “If you’re speaking the LITERAL TRUTH.”

Why say it if it’s not true?

MK Led

Umbasa
The fact that Shaun said he didn’t want to oversell the Krypt makes it seem like it won’t be the grand konquest mode that people are hoping for....
Yeah it will probably still be fairly quaint, but I don't think too much more effort than what went into mkx's one is a good idea, so I'll be happy with whatever they give us in that area.

No idea what this new feature could be though... Goddamn this game can't come out soon enough haha.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I had a dream. I saw new finisher added after the release . In the middle of it, I woke up, but I remember it was cool...

Now, was is it for real, or was it just a projection of my soul....I wonder.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Boon always says he doesn't like doing the same thing twice. If they were to bring back tag, I don't think it would be a small side mode like it used to be. I think they'd go all out with it and maybe even make it the focus of the game. Lotta of people asked for Tag Fatalities in MK9, they aren't going to do them for a throwaway party mode.

Plus I don't really think Tag lends itself well to MK11. Arguably the most exciting thing about tag games are the combos and interactions that characters have with eachother. MK11's combo system is much more limited in comparison to past games. Unless they were to add tag cancelling off normals like in SFxT then I don't see it being as exciting as we're hoping.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I would love krypt to be a beat em up mode where up to 4 people can play online, a la TMNT type of game where we can choose certain characters or any character in the base roster to unlock stuff with each stage.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Honestly this shows how people react totally differently based on the context in which something is announced.

If they’d listed certain features for release, and then had to delay them, people would be crying bloody murder and threatening to boycott. But if you say that those features are planned post-release support of the game, everyone’s happy and they see it as the developer giving tons of extra stuff to the community after launch.

Likewise the silliness over the Amplify inputs wouldn’t even be an issue if they hadn’t trusted the community to see it while it was still being prototyped. Everyone would have been fine with Anplify as is, and likely not a single person would have complained.

It’s pretty crazy how PR can shape public reaction to certain things. Really interesting to watch.

you know us nrs players crimson bro. if something good happens = nrs da bess. something bad happens = its warner bros fault nrs has no control blah blah lul

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
They should really give us more fatalities and other alities instead of a couple of gear items imo. Like they did in MKX with classic fatalities but they didn’t give them to everyone, hope they fix it here